Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Game of Thrones - the TV series

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

alhoon wrote:Episode 3
VIEW CONTENT:
And we finally see Blackfish Tully.
VIEW CONTENT:
Yeah, I know you were waiting for him. Hope he doesn't disappoint. I thought his and Edmure's intro scene was perfect
VIEW CONTENT:
Jaime saves Brienne? Is that in the book too? I've kinda lost track of his story.
Yup, ASoS, chapter 22.
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Episode 4

OK, I've officially given up trying to find the parts of the book that represent most of the scenes. I check up just those I want to see expanded.
Of course, that ended up poorly since by looking for a scene from the episode I bumbed in ANOTHER huge spoiler from further ahead.
VIEW CONTENT:
Robb dies and Joffrey wants Sansa to kiss his head, while Tyrion prohibits it. :/
Tyrion
VIEW CONTENT:
Is the story with the castration true? Sounds too magicky for GoT. They have a spell in every episode these days.
Tyrells & Sansa
VIEW CONTENT:
I love how the "he's a monster" gossip turned so well for the engaged couple.
Really, Margarey has nerves of steel and is also probably a bit "off" herself.
I classically loved the parts with Lady of Thorns. I thought she would die soon, but my father says that the actress is a famous beauty of 4 decades past, so too famous to include for just 2-3 episodes.
That remark about the world belonging to men, stang Cersei.
Joffrey hesitates there with Margarey before opening the doors. He's insane but not really stupid after all. Well, he's teenager though and can't really say no to a woman.
Are those discussions Sansa isn't privy into Varys-Gradma Tyrell and Cersei-gradma Tyrell in the book in any way? I looked for them (and hit the spoiler about Robb)

Also, I found in the book about Willas Tyrell being offered to her, not Loras. It didn't even seem PROPER to marry Loras to a traitor's daughter.
Not that without Winterfell it would seem proper to marry such a high-rank lord as Willas to a traitor's daughter.

BTW, is Sansa ever going to do anything smart? Like even once?
The bad Lanisters
VIEW CONTENT:
For one of the best (if not the best) swords in the kingdom, losing his sword arm is not "a slight" misforture, it's the end. Jaime must re-invent himself now.
Oh wait! He's betrayed his king twice and had sex with his sister! Nope, not much to start with. Just the money.

Tywin is right about Cersei; she's not the genious she think she is, and she has spoiled her son beyond saving. And she's one of the most deranged&evil persons in fantasy literature IMO (and I read about darklords).
Nightwatch:
VIEW CONTENT:
There was a saying in Germany in WW1: The guys with guns starve after those without guns.
Caster was just ONE man, and quite old at that. The Nightwatch is composed mostly of thieves and murderers who had lost friends to wildlings, and more or less have figured that he's not kind to his sons.
Mormont was an honorable man but if he thought that such a mix wouldn't go sour when hunger gets in, he was getting senile. Well, it's pretty clear that honor doesn't get you very far in this series.

It seemed an increadible sacriledge in my eyes to attack Caster after going out of his way to help them, little help that was. Kill a man that opened his house to you?
Oh, and I have a preeeety good image what the night watch (composed of thieves, rapists and murderers) will do to the daughters after they turned on each other and blood started flowing. Those vows don't hold when nobody is around to check on you.
Brotherhood. Right. That's the way brothers and comrades act behind enemy lines.
EDIT: Found that part. Yeap, I was right about what would happen after the NW let the murderer in them run wild. Nice scene in the book.
Why they didn't show Mormont forgiving his son?
Daenerys:
VIEW CONTENT:
Tricky little Tagaryen backstabber. Although I wasn't suprised it would go that way when Bar-whatever told her that they will fight for their master unquestionally and she gave a dragon to buy them.
The scene was actually better than the book.
I wonder whether she considers herself an honorable person after that; attacking a city defended by clowns that are used to parade with elite drone-troopers and three dragons.
The next chapter I started of her is a discussion of "can we beat those dudes of the other city?" "easily"
A Khalasar with 100 Dothraki many of them old or women, thousands of freedmen and several thousands of Unsullied
Episode 5

Well, we're in the half of the book! I think they will try to fit the whole book in season 3, not half of it.

Arya
VIEW CONTENT:
A sword of fire? Magic again? Meh, they're spoiling us. Also did they really bring back Beric Dondarrion from the very grip of death or Arya was hallucinating? The book is not clear. Yet in the series I see him there wounded.

She feels quite betrayed by Gendry. In the book it slips in her thoughts quite a lot. She also starts to lose her hate for some people in her prayer of hate. Is it possible that after 1 killing in self defense, 1 murder of an allied soldier and an attempted murder she finally starts reverting back to good? Time will tell.
Jon
VIEW CONTENT:
It's not like some vows are HARD to break... I can't believe they kept the foreplay as in the book, seems a bit too much. I kinda miss the "but the torch will go off!" remarks.
Well, Ygritte seems honorable as far as wildlings go. And honorable people end up betrayed and dead. We kinda know Jon will betray her, but will he find the strength to kill her? Well, we'll find out sooner or later
Tyrells & Tyrion
VIEW CONTENT:
Suprise suprise!
Cersei doesn't appreciate the Tyrells with their big name, their powerful armies, the love of the people and all. What a shocker.

Obviously a scene with Gradma Tyrell and Tyrion would be exquisite. Looking for it, I stambled on... reference of Tommen being seized by Bronn on the road and Tyrion being commanded to marry Sansa. So I stopped looking
Can someone help me locate it? I want to read about Tyrion's thoughts when Lady Olenna calls him "browbeaten bookeeper".

Stannis?
VIEW CONTENT:
How convenient that impregnating a sorceress with demons isn't a sin when done in good faith. I snickered.
And what's that with his locked daughter? Is this in Davos' chapters?
Jaime:
VIEW CONTENT:
Looking for his chapters, I saw that they cut the parts where Brienne was forced to care for him on the way. And the part where he was thinking fondly of Tyrion! He actually considers Tyrion his brother.
And I would love to see him say he will have a hand of gold forged.
I found the parts in the episode. Again, as usual, we're at half the book.

I find it strange that they took so much out of Jaime's tale of kingslaying. I certainly prefered the detailed story in the series, on how the mad King was (Supposedly) planning for this for time. Not sure I believe Jaime though.
I would say the episode was cheapened for lack of that, but still a memorable scene.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

alhoon wrote:Of course, that ended up poorly since by looking for a scene from the episode I bumbed in ANOTHER huge spoiler from further ahead.
Oh no!
VIEW CONTENT:
After Ned's death, that's the 2nd-most DO-NOT-SPOIL event in the series. Sorry you had to stumble on it. Purge it from your brain!
In the future, post here what you want to find, and I'll find it for you, if it's spoiler-free.
Tyrion
VIEW CONTENT:
Is the story with the castration true? Sounds too magicky for GoT. They have a spell in every episode these days.
It's "true" if you mean "from the books." ACoK, chapter 45. If you mean, "truly true", well, I think so, but it is Varys speaking, so who knows?
VIEW CONTENT:
The wizard in the box was invented for the show, though
Tyrells & Sansa
VIEW CONTENT:
I thought she would die soon, but my father says that the actress is a famous beauty of 4 decades past, so too famous to include for just 2-3 episodes.
Yes, she was quite the looker before either you or I were born. :) But I won't confirm or deny if that makes her "safe".
VIEW CONTENT:
Are those discussions Sansa isn't privy into Varys-Gradma Tyrell and Cersei-gradma Tyrell in the book in any way? I looked for them (and hit the spoiler about Robb)

Also, I found in the book about Willas Tyrell being offered to her, not Loras. It didn't even seem PROPER to marry Loras to a traitor's daughter.
VIEW CONTENT:
I don't think those discussions exist in the book. None of those characters are POV characters in ASoS. The show has dropped Willas as superfluous, it seems. Too many characters for a TV show already. It's easy to combine a few.
VIEW CONTENT:
Not that without Winterfell it would seem proper to marry such a high-rank lord as Willas to a traitor's daughter.

BTW, is Sansa ever going to do anything smart? Like even once?
VIEW CONTENT:
Well, the goal would of course be to get Winterfell eventually. Treason can be forgiven once the traitor is dead. If they are ever to end the war, they need to make peace with the North in some fashion. As Littlefinger said, "That why it's called 'Making Peace'." And I won't spoil you with an answer about Sansa, but, well.... her track record isn't great, is it?
VIEW CONTENT:
And she's one of the most deranged&evil persons in fantasy literature IMO (and I read about darklords).
LOL! Agreed... So who's the darklord of Westeros? Joffrey? or Cersei? or.... someone I can't mention to you yet. ;)
Arya
VIEW CONTENT:
Also did they really bring back Beric Dondarrion from the very grip of death or Arya was hallucinating? The book is not clear. Yet in the series I see him there wounded.
VIEW CONTENT:
Yeah, they did. I hope it's not a spoiler to say the book gets clearer later on that point. The show was quite clear. That sword split him from shoulder to sternum, and then the dialogue with Thoros and Arya confirmed that he'd "died" 6 or 7 times. Clearly Thoros is at least a 9th level cleric of R'hollor, with access to Raise Dead. No idea on Melissandre, since I don't know what level the "birth smoke baby assassin" spell is. ;) There's definitely a sense that Magic is "returning" to the world, perhaps in sync with the coming of Winter and the rise of the White Walkers. But it does seem that Essos has somehow kept more magic than Westeros, and R'hollor is a Essos-based religion. (Jaqen, Melissandre, Varys, Thoros, Quaithe, The Warlocks of Qarth, Mirri Maz Duur... all from Essos, and all wielders or victims of magic.)
Tyrells & Tyrion
VIEW CONTENT:
Obviously a scene with Gradma Tyrell and Tyrion would be exquisite.
And yes, show only. Sorry.
Stannis?
VIEW CONTENT:
And what's that with his locked daughter? Is this in Davos' chapters?
She was in the ACoK prologue, and the Davos chapters of ASoS. 11 is safe for you to read. After that, you're going to want to wait on his stuff, lest you hit more spoilers.
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

About magic returning, well the "Mysterius east" seems to be awash with magic and they don't consider it as taboo as the Westerosi.
Gonzoron of the FoS wrote: 11 is safe for you to read. After that, you're going to want to wait on his stuff, lest you hit more spoilers.
I've hit a few of his spoilers early on when looking for the chapters, but most have happened already. Or didn't happen at all.

Darklord of Westeros?
Cersei of course. Joffrey came to the scene later on and doesn't have a curse that makes him sad other than being mad (and having Cersei for a mother). Cersei... Cersei curses that she's overlooked for being a woman, that she can never really be with the man she wants (which is revolting) etc. She makes fine darklord material. She also CAN close the borders. Gentry and Arya were captured when trying to leave after all.
Although I would give her a more supernatural power of rage and madness making those that try to leave the domain berserk and attack each other.
Gonzoron of the FoS wrote:Yes, she was quite the looker before either you or I were born. :)
:shock:

In other notes, a real pity that I haven't seen your warning of "not look for the chapters!" thing.
I hit ANOTHER terrible spoiler and a couple of "just big" spoilers. Again in Tyrion's chapter.
VIEW CONTENT:
Hint: Crossbow. OMG. I never expected that. I would bitting my nails trying to stop myself from reading BEFORE about what happened and he ended up in a certain place and with a certain person freeing him. And reading what happened with a certain other person in that chapter, although I kinda expected it would end that way.
Managed to stop myself from reading the book then and there to find out what happened before and what would happen afterwards.
I may STILL lose that battle and say "heck" and just read the book. And the next.
I'll PM you a few things since they're too spoily even for a spoiler chapter.

About Melissandre's level:
Obviously 13th lvl. Planar binding or actually... summon invisible stalker from 2nd edition. The red eyes are a failed power's check.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
My DMGuild work!
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

Sadly the vague spoilers just make me want to look up what specifically you are talking about leading to other spoilers before hitting the spoiler you were talking about. It might be better just to say it in the spoiler tag. xD
VIEW CONTENT:
So now I know about Robb, and a bit about the hound and his brother, though i'm curious as to what their sister is like!!!! o.O'
There's always something to lose.

Fraternity of Shadows Discord
https://discord.gg/AM6Kp95ekf
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

I haven't found any spoilers about that family you mentioned, nor I can say I find them too mysterious.
My DMGuild work!
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

alhoon wrote:Darklord of Westeros?
Cersei of course.
:)
In other notes, a real pity that I haven't seen your warning of "not look for the chapters!" thing.
I hit ANOTHER terrible spoiler and a couple of "just big" spoilers. Again in Tyrion's chapter.
sigh... yeah, at this point, the timeline of the show is so shuffled from the books there's no way to read along without getting spoiled somehow.
About Melissandre's level:
Obviously 13th lvl. Planar binding or actually... summon invisible stalker from 2nd edition. The red eyes are a failed power's check.
:) And Jon and Robb are obviously at least 4th level rangers with wolf animal companions. While Bran is actually a nature-mystery Oracle with a bonded mount Wolf. (Rickon's a "Mounted Fury" Barbarian with a bestial mount Wolf). Arya's a Rogue on the way to the Assassin PrC, obviously. Sansa's pure Aristocrat, poor thing, and not a very good one.
Zilfer wrote:Sadly the vague spoilers just make me want to look up what specifically you are talking about leading to other spoilers before hitting the spoiler you were talking about. It might be better just to say it in the spoiler tag. xD
Sorry! I was trying to be sure that anything I said outside of spoiler tags wasn't meaningful or intriguing. I'll try to be more careful.
Zilfer wrote:
VIEW CONTENT:
So now I know about Robb
VIEW CONTENT:
Argh! Not you too! :( Sorry, bud.
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

Indeed..... <.<

Well today I get internet back at my house and can watch the newest episode! *is excited even with events coming up*

Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

Last Episode was good...

I'm curious as to Shae in the books....
VIEW CONTENT:
I've encountered on the internet what happens to her, and wanted to know is she a bit more 'using' of tyrion or only after the money in the books? I mean in the episodes thus far she seems like a kind and caring person thru and thru. I can obviously see why she would be upset but I don't understand what could so push events to what will probably happen at the last episode of this season or the second to last.... <.< Just wondering. To me I think watching it and not knowing it would seem out of the blue. *shrugs*

Furthermore.... more on Robb...
VIEW CONTENT:
His woman who's name escapes me..... claimed to have his child.... well I know that is wrong because of a certain back handed deal. I was wondering in the books did she claim to be pregnant? And is that what prompted the back handed deal in the first place? Or added in? Still holding off reading the books for now thanks!

Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: book Shae vs. TV Shae, and spoilers that Zilfer knows about her
Zilfer wrote:
VIEW CONTENT:
I've encountered on the internet what happens to her, and wanted to know is she a bit more 'using' of tyrion or only after the money in the books? I mean in the episodes thus far she seems like a kind and caring person thru and thru.
VIEW CONTENT:
She's almost a totally different character in the books. Less of a strong personality. More of a "go with the flow" person. She makes it clear on several occasions in the book that she is treating Tyrion like a lover and not a client because he's an extremely well-paying client. His feelings toward her are a bit muddled, his heart unable to avoid falling for the act that his brain knows he's paying her to provide. Now, we do get a bit of a sense that she may feel the same way, unable to keep the fantasy and reality 100% separate, but it's not clear because she doesn't get POV chapters, and we mostly see her from Tyrion's POV. I agree that the show version really does seem to care for him. I mean, who wants a fantasy girl that bickers with you like a spouse? But it seems to me that they are using the Sansa betrothal as a believable excuse to turn her a bit against him.

Re: Robb and Talisa, again dancing around spoilers Zilfer knows:
VIEW CONTENT:
His woman who's name escapes me..... claimed to have his child.... well I know that is wrong because of a certain back handed deal. I was wondering in the books did she claim to be pregnant? And is that what prompted the back handed deal in the first place? Or added in? Still holding off reading the books for now thanks!
VIEW CONTENT:
Another character that seems to be a complete rewrite from the books. In the books, Jeyne (her name was even different) was actively trying to give him a child, but never did, to our knowledge. There's a bit more to the story of that, but I don't want to tread into spoilers you don't know.
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

Talisa? ok then... more spoilers be warned!
VIEW CONTENT:
Well there's a certain 'Deal' with Twyin and someone's mother is all I'll say on the spoilers I know for that second subject.

Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Zilfer wrote:Talisa? ok then... more spoilers be warned!
VIEW CONTENT:
Well there's a certain 'Deal' with Twyin and someone's mother is all I'll say on the spoilers I know for that second subject.
VIEW CONTENT:
Yes, that's what I was alluding to. Tywin had Jeyne's mother give her a "fertility tea" which was actually "Moon Tea," a contraceptive/abortifacient. There are no signs that Jeyne knew anything about it, but it was unlikely she became pregnant in the books, despite lots of trying. There is a further fan theory that more may be going on there, but it's pretty farfetched, and probably based on a mistake of the author. But obviously, Talisa's mother isn't around on the show, so her being pregnant will have to be dealt with somehow on the show, lest the story diverge further.
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

Gonzoron of the FoS wrote:
Zilfer wrote:Talisa? ok then... more spoilers be warned!
VIEW CONTENT:
VIEW CONTENT:
Yes, that's what I was alluding to. Tywin had Jeyne's mother give her a "fertility tea" which was actually "Moon Tea," a contraceptive/abortifacient. There are no signs that Jeyne knew anything about it, but it was unlikely she became pregnant in the books, despite lots of trying. There is a further fan theory that more may be going on there, but it's pretty farfetched, and probably based on a mistake of the author. But obviously, Talisa's mother isn't around on the show, so her being pregnant will have to be dealt with somehow on the show, lest the story diverge further.
VIEW CONTENT:
Which is indeed why I questioned it. Wanted to know if that was said in the book or it was a change to make the loss seem more.... dramatic. I imagine losing a baby through someone else's actions would be quite horrible. Most women have a hard enough time doing themselves!

alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

EPISODE 6
The first 8 minutes were... expendable.

Jon
VIEW CONTENT:
I didn't find in Jon's chapter of the wall (or the sex cave) that talk about "It's you and me, never betray me!" thing. Can't say I would miss it.
What was that about the horn (book)?

I guess the big fall was for the "Owww" factor.
Arya:
Well, she's DEFINETLY looks way older than 10-11 years old as she's supposed to be. I think they may have to recast her.
VIEW CONTENT:
Archer? I read her being interested in archery in a couple of chapters, but they're full of spoilers so I just skim them.

And SERIOUSLY?!? The Red woman found them? Can't find it in her chapters and I'm afraid to look after the Hound kidnaps her.
When did she abduct Gendry? And when did she say to Arya she will leave behind her a hill of corpses? A pity. I would prefer Arya with just 1-2 kills more. The red woman made it sound as it will be at least a dozen and kinda by Arya's hand, not by soldiers in her name.
Catelyn
VIEW CONTENT:
I prefered the book version, but just because it was kinda longer.
Tyrells
VIEW CONTENT:
It was about time we had Gradma Tyrell face off against Tywin. I can't understand why she didn't want or pretend that didn't want the C-L marriage. Lannisters have tons of gold mines. They really had nothing to lose. Loras and Cersei might start fighting over Jaime's attentions, true, but aside of that it would be an awesome match.
According to the book, Loras WAS named to the kingsguard though.
Tyrion&Cersei
VIEW CONTENT:
Joffrey? I should have guessed. Tyrion is right; it's too stupid to order a member of the kingsguard to do it.
They have a kinda weird family discussion there. Cersei is being quite Cerseish.

I prefered the original version of how Sansa finds out BTW, Cersei forcing her to go to her wedding, without Shae being near.
Episode 7

I missed the story of how the wall was built.

Robb & Arya
VIEW CONTENT:
Grandchild? Already? Wow! That's good news. I read in passing a couple of sentences of her and Cat talking about having children, an Eddard and a Brandon.

Nice part with Arya and her "God". With your spoiler about her "class", and her obsession with Syrio and the faceless assassins, I would say I can see where it goes.
No idea how she'll end up with the assassins yet, but it seems to lead her that way. The coin, the obsession with being a "ghost", her prayer, the assassination of Robb's guard... should have guessed that sooner. I just didn't want to believe it. I still don't want to believe it. :( She was such a nice girl.
Yet, how weird to see a 10-years old throw a tantrum and run alone in the night. Most girls I know wouldn't have gone 20 meters from the entrance from fear of the dark at that age.
Tyrells & Sana
VIEW CONTENT:
Hmm... Margarey gives some good advice to Sansa.
And yes, with no apparent heir, Sansa's son could become the heir of Castlery Rock (if he "deals" with all of Tyrion's close cousins first)
But damn Sansa's not taking a hint. Walks with Margarey telling her how "complicated" women are in order to be pleased sexually, she walks around half-naked and Sansa thinks her mother taught her these.
Joffrey & Lannisters ??
VIEW CONTENT:
Joffrey seems to be ... afraid of Tywin. Not to mention he doesn't trust his grandfather. Can't tell I blame him, but I wonder where he got the sense to not trust the guy that saved him and is also his grandfather
And ooops. Joffrey burns Varys.

Poor Tyrion. Yet, Shae is right. Her position is kinda precarious.

Jaime's oaths. Well, he have given other oaths too when in the Kingsguard.
And of course by reading further to see what happened after the bear thing in the book... I found out why Tyrion was in prison. Right. That serves me right for not listening to your advice.
Funny thing with the extortion. He's never going to be a proper knight, will he?
The bear thing was kinda better in the series than in the book IMO. Although I missed the "I dreamed of you" answer.
Daenerys and ... Gendry?:
VIEW CONTENT:
200 THOUSAND slaves? OMG.
Daenerys title keeps growing.

How we get chapters on Gendry and Melissandre? I'm interested in the Red woman's story. If those are in some way in the book, I would like to know where. Yet, I'm afraid to look, since she's the most spoily of them all.
And Telling Gendry he's a claimant to the throne (and he's older than Joffrey) is kinda important to not read.

Episode 8

Arya - Davos
VIEW CONTENT:
In the book, when Arya tries to hit the hound with the rock, he really threatens Arya. While he doesn't beat her, his manhandling of her is barbaric. Not the kinda-OK kidnapping of the series. Perhaps too harsh for TV.
I kinda miss the "Knights have no bloody honor old man" with the ferry. But yes, it wasn't a required scene. But at least they could have the "stop trying to think ways to kill me" thing. I laughed.
That was a very nice chapter in the book that unfortunately didn't make it. Arya again seems way to accustomed to murder to get her way for an 8 years old/11 years old girl.

Gendry keeps getting his scenes. Is that in Davos' chapters? I would like to read the discussion I saw about Gendry's fate with Davos. Yet, as I said Davos chapters are the more spoily.
Anyway, I agree with Davos' take on Stannis. That's not Stannis, killing an innocent because it suits him.
And what's quite boring talk between Melissandre and Gendry? We could picture what she had in mind for him without the sermon or the lost minutes. They could have put a bit more Hound-Arya instead of this.
Daenerys - Sam
VIEW CONTENT:
Tricky little #####. While what she does with the mercs and Yunkai and all, since war is based on deception and treachery, I can't say I find it honorable. I liked the scene with the sellswords

Also in the book Dahario has... blue hair. :/ and they capture him kinda immediately, without fanfare. And Daenerys seems attracted to him and Jorah jealous. Hilarious. They should have put the kiss with Jorah in the series for the "betrayal by love" thing.
Also the scolding she gave Jorah was kinda hilarious since she's been thinking of the kiss since forever.

About Sam now... The dragonglass dagger shattered in the book and they were saved from a horde of wights by a cold guy on an elk. I tried to read Sam's next chapter, but it's far away and there's somethind spoily there about a King in Castle Black. I stopped.
Tyrion - Sansa
VIEW CONTENT:
Shae's look are scathing... it builds up to the well, future of their relationship. Didn't check for this part. It's well enough in the series and I don't need the feel to read on it.
I also found amusing Joffrey's joke on Tyrion, that took away that stool. What I would like to read more about, is the wedding dinner. Tywin seems about to have a stroke.
And isn't the kingsguard supposed to come around when someone threatens to cut off the king's genitals? Not sword in hand, but just be ... closer in case that dagger comes out of the table and all.
Tyrells - Cersei
VIEW CONTENT:
I would love to read more about these interactions between Cersei and Margarey. In the series Cersei seems about to vomit when Margarey tells her they will be relatives soon and touches her
And the story and the threat are too Cerseish. Loved it. I think I read about that 2nd richest house somewhere before actually. And another one that rebelled against Tywin.
I've read in the past parts of Sansa's wedding chapter and I didn't read that. They probably try to cover up for un-Cerseing Cersei in the past season.

The way Cersei treats her fiance is ... inspiring.
My DMGuild work!
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

alhoon wrote:EPISODE 6
Jon
VIEW CONTENT:
I didn't find in Jon's chapter of the wall (or the sex cave) that talk about "It's you and me, never betray me!" thing. Can't say I would miss it.
VIEW CONTENT:
Yeah, not in the book, as I recall. They played up the J/Y romance a bit more in the show.
VIEW CONTENT:
What was that about the horn (book)?
VIEW CONTENT:
They haven't mentioned it in the show, but Mance had been searching for a legendary magic horn that, when blown, would supposedly knock down the wall
Arya:
Well, she's DEFINETLY looks way older than 10-11 years old as she's supposed to be. I think they may have to recast her.
No way. I think they'd rather stick with actors that are a) great, and b) recognizable as the characters than, recast just to keep the ages synced up. Remember, on TV, 20-30 year olds play high-school kids all the time. (90210, Glee...). Besides, in episode 8, which you've seen, but I'll spoiler for anyone who hasn't yet:
VIEW CONTENT:
Sansa claims to still be 14. 14! If they didn't recast her, or change that line to at least 16, they aren't going to recast any of the kids.
VIEW CONTENT:
And SERIOUSLY?!? The Red woman found them? Can't find it in her chapters and I'm afraid to look after the Hound kidnaps her.
VIEW CONTENT:
Don't bother looking. It's not in the book. Gendry has been merged with another minor character: Edric Storm. He's a young boy, the only formally acknowledged bastard of Robert, and was kept at Storm's End until summoned to Dragonstone at Mel's request. In the book, up to this point, Mel has never left Dragonstone and has not met Thoros, Beric, Arya and Gendry. As for finding him, assume she can cast "Locate Creature" as a domain spell. ;)
Tyrells
VIEW CONTENT:
According to the book, Loras WAS named to the kingsguard though.
VIEW CONTENT:
Another character-merging. In the book, Cersei and Sansa are each promised to Loras's older brother, Willas, not Loras. But the show already has more characters than they can handle, so some need to be cut/merged.
Tyrion&Cersei
VIEW CONTENT:
I prefered the original version of how Sansa finds out BTW, Cersei forcing her to go to her wedding, without Shae being near.
VIEW CONTENT:
I liked the way the show did it, but I wanted more. I wish they hadn't cut away before Tyrion explained it. Overall, this was the first episode I was kinda disappointed with. The direction and/or editing overall seemed somehow... off. They showed us the boring stuff and cut the exciting/interesting stuff, it seemed.
Episode 7
Robb & Arya
VIEW CONTENT:
Nice part with Arya and her "God". With your spoiler about her "class", and her obsession with Syrio and the faceless assassins, I would say I can see where it goes.
VIEW CONTENT:
Didn't think that was spoiler-y! Sorry if you took it that way! I was just basing it on her behavior up to this point. You've already seen her kill the stableboy and the Tickler, and plot to kill a list of targets every night.
Tyrells & Sansa
VIEW CONTENT:
and Sansa thinks her mother taught her these.
VIEW CONTENT:
Loved that scene. I think Margaery is the character most improved by the series. She's my new favorite.
Joffrey & Lannisters ??
VIEW CONTENT:
And of course by reading further to see what happened after the bear thing in the book... I found out why Tyrion was in prison. Right. That serves me right for not listening to your advice.
VIEW CONTENT:
Man, after the last one I thought you'd learned your lesson. D'oh!
VIEW CONTENT:
The bear thing was kinda better in the series than in the book IMO. Although I missed the "I dreamed of you" answer.
VIEW CONTENT:
The line I missed was...
VIEW CONTENT:
"Good, I only save maidens."
Daenerys and ... Gendry?:
VIEW CONTENT:
How we get chapters on Gendry and Melissandre? I'm interested in the Red woman's story. If those are in some way in the book, I would like to know where. Yet, I'm afraid to look, since she's the most spoily of them all.
And Telling Gendry he's a claimant to the throne (and he's older than Joffrey) is kinda important to not read.
VIEW CONTENT:
As I mentioned, Gendry/Mel are not in the book. But if you want some of her story, there's some good stuff in Chapter 26, a Davos chapter. It is, as far as I can tell, spoiler-free except it hints at what Mel has in mind for Edric Storm, which I assume is what she has in mind for Gendry in the show. In the book, Gendry is still unaware of his lineage at this point.
Episode 8
Arya - Davos
VIEW CONTENT:
And what's quite boring talk between Melissandre and Gendry? We could picture what she had in mind for him without the sermon or the lost minutes. They could have put a bit more Hound-Arya instead of this.
VIEW CONTENT:
Gotta fulfill the nudity quota, duh! ;) She does the leech thing offscreen (without the sexy parts, we hope!) to Edric instead in chapter 37, but there's some moderate spoilers regarding Davos's future in there. Read at your own risk.
Daenerys - Sam
VIEW CONTENT:
About Sam now... The dragonglass dagger shattered in the book and they were saved from a horde of wights by a cold guy on an elk. I tried to read Sam's next chapter, but it's far away and there's somethind spoily there about a King in Castle Black. I stopped.
VIEW CONTENT:
Yeah, don't proceed further there just yet.
Tyrion - Sansa
VIEW CONTENT:
What I would like to read more about, is the wedding dinner. Tywin seems about to have a stroke.
And isn't the kingsguard supposed to come around when someone threatens to cut off the king's genitals? Not sword in hand, but just be ... closer in case that dagger comes out of the table and all.
VIEW CONTENT:
It's chapter 29. There's nothing spoiler-y in it, but there's not much more than in the show other than a bunch of extraneous characters that have been cut.
Tyrells - Cersei
VIEW CONTENT:
I would love to read more about these interactions between Cersei and Margarey.
VIEW CONTENT:
Sorry, you can't read any of that up to this point. But I agree, they are fascinating. "Call me 'sister' again, and I'll have you kill in your sleep." :shock: :lol: