Dragon article, "Faith and Heresy"

Discussing all roleplaying games
Ken of Ghastria
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Re: Dragon article, "Faith and Heresy"

Post by Ken of Ghastria »

Hey, thank you both! Yeah, I pounced on the chance to tackle Kas and Vecna, partially because I'd have the opportunity to address their controversial stay in Ravenloft. Some of the 4E books have mentioned that Kas reportedly has a kingdom in the Shadowfell, and with Heroes of Shadow and Gloomwrought essentially screaming "Ravenloft!" and saying that the classic Domains of Dread are inside the Shadowfell (in 4E cosmology), there was now a way to tie some of those loose ends together.

I suggested to WotC that we have a fictional narrator for the History Check series, as opposed to a dry, 3rd-person recital of history. Frequent collaborator and fellow Ravenloft fan Jeff LaSala and I brainstormed and we realized the answer was right in front of us, thanks to the newer material: Vistani! I was thrilled when the Dragon/Dungeon editors went along with the idea. Hopefully the writers of the later History Check articles will run with the idea, too!
"There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."
--W. Somerset Maugham