New to Ravenloft? Or new to our forum? introduce yourself!

Discussing all things Ravenloft
CrackedMack
Conspirator
Conspirator

Re: New to Ravenloft? Or new to our forum? introduce yoursel

Post by CrackedMack »

Good evening. Longtime haunter, part-time lurker and first time caller. I've been hovering invisible for a bit here but figured I'd manifest properly and say hi, join you all and express my thanks to the Fraternity, first and foremost, for keeping Ravenloft alive on the net all this time.

I'm a relative latecomer to Ravenloft, initially discovering it through Expedition to Castle Ravenloft, of all things. My quest to learn more about the alluded-to setting it was based on (though I definitely understand how much of a far cry that book was from the established demiplane) brought me to Ravenloft II, which I later adapted to Pathfinder and DM'd for the same group of PCs that had played in Expedition years ago (that's a story for another time). Finding the Mistipedia, the Fraternity and all the homebrew resources not only helped me immensely in what was a pretty significant overhaul, but drew me into the greater lore and got me eventually running more Pathfinder games set in the domains.

I'm in the midst of running another group of players through CoS currently, and have been watching a lot of the discussion about VRGtR. I have feelings and thoughts about how things are going, of course, but seeing the discourse on here was reassuring and got me to sign up.

Looking forward to hobnobbing with you eerie folks!
The Midnight Marinara Podcast: horror anthology audio drama
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Welcome, CrackedMack! glad you found your way here!
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

I hope you'll enjoy your stay. ^_^
rarcher
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by rarcher »

Long time lurker first time poster (I Think cant remember if i posted here before lol!)

I want to say thank you to all your hard works over the years especially to the one/those who made the Savage Ravenloft conversion! Ive really been loving Savage Worlds lately and getting my Ravenloft fix with it has been enjoyable/horrific for my group!
Mephisto of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Mephisto of the FoS »

Welcome rarcher
"I am not omniscient, but I know a lot."
-Mephistopheles from Faust by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Wolfglide of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Wolfglide of the Fraternity »

Indeed, welcome!

And yes, you have posted twice before: http://www.fraternityofshadows.com/foru ... 06&start=0
You can see your number of posts under your avatar on any post, and you can search your posts from the User Control Panel.
rarcher
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by rarcher »

Wolfglide wrote:Indeed, welcome!

And yes, you have posted twice before: http://www.fraternityofshadows.com/foru ... 06&start=0
You can see your number of posts under your avatar on any post, and you can search your posts from the User Control Panel.
Ah thank you I just saw that now, sorry then :D
Muggs
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Muggs »

Hiya I'm Muggs, 20th Level Wizard and occasion DM having been a DND fan since I was 7 when my Stepmother warned me not to play DND because some people played DND on drugs and OMG they killed someone!!! (This eh, wasn't true but it did make me decide that DND had to be the coolest, the most extreme game of all time!!!) sadly I was from small town Australia so only had the videogames before jumping into 5th edition in 2017 :)

As for Ravenloft, a couple of months back our forever DM was talking about Strahd after one of the players ran Curse of Strahd in Space as a one shot and it somehow divulged into a RP of Strahd having a discussion with two of us about how he is the best BBEG in all of DND.

This was comedy gold so I decided we needed to keep it going and so I am now the proud DM of 'The Council of Dread' which is a comedic-horror sequel to Curse of Strahd in Space that takes place in the fallout of the end of the mainline campaign where the entire Planescape multiverse was remade 'the same but better' leading to a All New, All Different Ravenloft..

Naturally the Domains oldest inhabitant doesn't approve of all the changes and wants to get Ravenloft back to 'the good old days' nor are they happy that in order to fix things they need to team up with Vecna who has ended up back in Ravenloft. Both Strahd and Vecna along with the other Dreadlord PC's are as-yet unaware of the mess they've made in leaving their own domains or what's happened in their absence!

I've loved this website as it's been so much help to learn about the older 2e lore which I've been working to blend with the new Van Richten's Guide to Ravenloft to twist them into new shapes so even our forever DM and players who have the books won't know what will happen next.

I figured if I'm doing all this work on expanding and remixing old domains I might as well share the work for others to enjoy, along with tales of the insane things that can happen if you let your players be Dreadlords :)
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Welcome, Muggs! Always fun to see the "lighter side" of Ravenloft from time to time. Enjoy your stay!
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Speedwagon
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Speedwagon »

Hello! I've been a long time lurker on this forum and figured it would be a good time to make an account, so here I am. I was introduced to Ravenloft through Curse of Strahd (I started Doing around the time it came out) and the 5e Van Richten's Guide, which then led me on a deep dive into the 1d4chan and Mistipedia articles (and various other nooks and crannies of the internet) regarding the 2e and 3e material and I've fallen in love with the setting and absolutely want to know more about it! I'm thankful to the Fraternity of Shadows for keeping the community alive, it's really cool to see how old communities spring up to support hobbies like D&D (it reminds me of old Star Wars message boards). Thanks for having me!
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Welcome aboard, Speedwagon! ^_^
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Speedwagon wrote:Hello! I've been a long time lurker on this forum and figured it would be a good time to make an account, so here I am. I was introduced to Ravenloft through Curse of Strahd (I started Doing around the time it came out) and the 5e Van Richten's Guide, which then led me on a deep dive into the 1d4chan and Mistipedia articles (and various other nooks and crannies of the internet) regarding the 2e and 3e material and I've fallen in love with the setting and absolutely want to know more about it! I'm thankful to the Fraternity of Shadows for keeping the community alive, it's really cool to see how old communities spring up to support hobbies like D&D (it reminds me of old Star Wars message boards). Thanks for having me!
Welcome! Glad to see the 5e VRG is bringing in some new blood looking to explore the old and dusty corners of the setting. Enjoy!
Sith
Conspirator
Conspirator

Re: New to Ravenloft? Or new to our forum? introduce yourself!

Post by Sith »

Hi everybody! I'm a long time Ravenloft lover since 1993, DM since 1988 and DMsGuild game designer.
I follow the Fraternity since 2000 and I'm so happy to be here with all of you!
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Hello, Sith. ^_^ Welcome to the forum.
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Sith wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 8:29 am Hi everybody! I'm a long time Ravenloft lover since 1993, DM since 1988 and DMsGuild game designer.
I follow the Fraternity since 2000 and I'm so happy to be here with all of you!
Welcome, Sith, glad to have you!