New to Ravenloft? Or new to our forum? introduce yourself!

Discussing all things Ravenloft
The Dark Pawn
Conspirator
Conspirator

Re: New to the Forum? introduce yourself here!

Post by The Dark Pawn »

A good catch indeed, Catman! I did mean to reference Dragon and not Dungeon magazine :) And I appreciate the link to your earlier post on the topic.

After further fact-checking of my post, I also have to note that the Poe Museum is not the "long-time home" of Poe as I had stated - the historic "Old Stone House" housing the museum today is actually only partially constructed of materials drawn from one of Poe's earlier homes in Richmond located nearby (the original residence having been long since demolished).

Figured I had best clear up all of the errata from my post at the same time! :lol:
In times past I was known by the name Gwillam Dartram, but those days are long behind me...

"When one stares too deeply into the Abyss, the Abyss stares back."
- Friedrich Nietzsche
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Welcome, Dark Pawn! Hope to hear more from you soon.
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Guardian of Twilight
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: New to Ravenloft? Start here!

Post by Guardian of Twilight »

Welcome to the Land of Mists, Zhabrias. A new face is always welcome here. :)
[i]Seek not in the shadows, for there ye shall find secrets too terrible for mortal man to bear. [/i]
-Mordentish proverb
Guardian of Twilight
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Guardian of Twilight »

Welcome to the Domain of Dread, Dark Pawn! Mind the oubliettes in the Mists, and heed not the calls of those Beyond... :twisted:
[i]Seek not in the shadows, for there ye shall find secrets too terrible for mortal man to bear. [/i]
-Mordentish proverb
Swashbuckler
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Swashbuckler »

Hi everybody,

I'm new here....that's about it. I've been working steadily at starting a Ravenloft campaign with some friends, but due to time constraints and the fact that I'm already running another D&D campaign, I'm taking my time with the material and getting to know the setting better.
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Welcome, Swashbuckler! Feel free to ask anything you like here; we'd be glad to help!
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
twinwolf
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by twinwolf »

salutations. i have traversed the mists for some time now and i have been in your presence here for a while as well and decided that it was now safe to step from the shadows to introduce myself, if you will permit me. i'm the Twinwolf, a reforming member of the Legions of the Night. i have passed by your nightly fire from time to time on my travels and have enjoyed the tales you've spun and your whispered lore as well. i only hope i too can return the favor with something worth while.
Not every Angel alights the sky with feathery wings of Glory,
Nor every Demon with cloven hoof hunts unwary Quarry.
No, but evil exists in this world and in the hearts of us all,
For let us not forget even the greatest of Angels fell.
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Welcome!
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Indeed, welcome Twinwolf!
Skyrim
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Skyrim »

Hello folks! My screen name is Skyrim (Guess what I bought three days ago...) but for those who can remember I also go by Nick!
So my Ravenloft/Roleplaying history in brief:
My Father played D&D while in the Army and when he left service in 1988 and decided to buy a copy of the D&D 1.0 "black box" starter kit. This box set went under his bed and remained under his in every house he owned, Fast forward to 1997 (I was ten) and I was the first to expose this game to the light of day (and I was first to open it since it was purchased). I was enthralled with the game (once I wrapped my head around it) it offered so many possibilities, You see my family was poor, not lower middle class but "bank is gonna take your stuff" poor and my parents worked like dogs to raise our standard of living into the middle class. That meant for me and my sister that we had to entertain ourselves with little budget and manpower (our nearest neighbor was over 20 minutes away!) and D&D always gave us something to do.
Jump forward to 2009 (so this doesn't turn into a biography) I was at my "local" gameing store (1 hour and 40 minutes away) when I saw a pile of game books in the "please buy these so we don't have to burn them" pile and among them was the D20 Ravenloft core book on sale 75% off (no turning that down!) and this was the first setting I embraced fully*.

*well not true there was Dark Sun but that is a tale for another time...
"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something."
-Last words of Pancho Villa
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Welcome, Skyrim! Quite an inspiring story, too. I know many of us who are parents hope our kids will follow in the gaming tradition one day. Come on in and stay a while, the weather's far better than that hot and dusty Athas. ;) (well, aside from Kalidnay...)
Blot
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Blot »

Hello!

Longtime away from the mists - but feeling a touch of nostalgia so came a looking! Great to find the boards and all the resources.
HuManBing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by HuManBing »

Blot on the landscape? :)

Welcome to the boards!
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Welcome! Glad you found us!
Blot
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Blot »

HuManBing wrote:Blot on the landscape? :)
Pretty much!

Been reading through the QtR's and the Souragne and Zherisia PDF's - great to see the work that folk have been doing and the developing that's been going on for Ravenloft! Glad to see that there's still so much love for the place!