New to Ravenloft? Or new to our forum? introduce yourself!

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Scarecrow
Conspirator
Conspirator

Re: New to Ravenloft? Or new to our forum? introduce yourself!

Post by Scarecrow »

Hello wanders.
I have been interested in Ravenloft for a few years now and have been lurking through Mistopedia for a while. Most of the games I've been a part of have been 5e, but most of the books I have are from 3.5.
I want to improve my ability to create, and so I hope to one day be able to make some NPCs and maybe even a domain that people can enjoy.
In the Mists I walk. Forever alone, I seek warmth. How long, I wonder, has the Sun's bright glow evaded me?
IanFordam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by IanFordam »

Scarecrow wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:10 pm Hello wanders.
I have been interested in Ravenloft for a few years now and have been lurking through Mistopedia for a while. Most of the games I've been a part of have been 5e, but most of the books I have are from 3.5.
I want to improve my ability to create, and so I hope to one day be able to make some NPCs and maybe even a domain that people can enjoy.
Welcome, Scarecrow, to our humble lair! Please don't mind the cobwebs. Or the blood. Or the unknown thing that skitters in the walls...
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

Scarecrow wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:10 pm Hello wanders.
Welcome to the forum, Scarecrow!
Those are noble goals. ^_^ If you want feedback on your creations, feel free to run them by us on the forum. Of course you can also present them for inclusion in our annual netzine, Quoth the Raven.
I hope you'll have fun now you've come out of lurking.
WolfKook
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by WolfKook »

Well, I'm not exactly "new", but I haven't been connected to this community for a long time (My last posts are from 17 years ago! :shock: ), so I wanted to say hello, and maybe introduce myself again.

My (real) name is Wolf Kook, I'm from Colombia and you will probably guess that English is not my main language. I've been playing for more than 30 years now, and Ravenloft has been one of my loves since the beginning (Even though I consider myself a terrible DM for portraying horror). I've played one campaign a run a handful, but most of all I've worked in creating new material. I've had a couple of articles published on QtR (The Kingdom of Fairhafen and some alternative races that, in retrospective, are very interesting but lack a little sensitivity), and a couple of projects that I started back in the day but never came to fruition :( .

I'm currently starting a new Ravenloft campaign, and that brought me back to the material I had gathered and, from that, to the FoS website. I'm glad to see that the site and the cafe de nuit is still running, and glad to be back here again!
"The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom"
William Blake
Speedwagon
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Speedwagon »

Hey WolfKook, happy to have you back! Are you the one who made domains like Phragma and Oriebo? I used them in my campaign and thought they were really cool (along with a few others with that Italian theme that you made)!
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Heya, Wolfkook. ^_^
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Welcome back, WolfKook, can't believe you were gone that long, but no one ever really escapes. :)
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Big Mac
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Big Mac »

Hi,

I'm David "Big Mac" Shepheard.

I joined the Cafe de Nuit forums on Mar 17, 2010, but didn't see this post and introduce myself. And I don't have a large number of posts. (My most active topic, was when I was asking for help to get Mistipedia listed on WikiIndex. 🙂 )

I'm primarily a Spelljammer fan, and I've been looking through Mistipedia trying to figure out how to infer information about Prime Material Worlds that some or all Domains of Dread might have been harvested from.

So far, I've not hit gold. But I hope I can find some inferred new D&D planets and then try to extrapolate out Spelljammer crystal spheres for them.

I was kind of hoping that the D&D Multiverse concepts, that WotC have been talking about, might deliver on this sort of thing, and build parallel links with Ravenloft, Spelljammer and Planescape all getting official tie-ins to the other D&D settings and better crosslinks between Ravenloft, Spelljammer and Planescape. But, so far, that's not happened with the canon.

So, I think I'm going to need to look for older canon and ferret out any sort of details that give me an excuse to build more links between Ravenloft and the Material Plane.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
The Mists of Ravenloft can appear even in wildspace, where they take the form of a jet-black cloud that arises before the victim vessel.
You can see more of me at the Ravenloft forum at The Piazza.
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Big Mac wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 1:11 pm Hi,

I'm David "Big Mac" Shepheard.

I joined the Cafe de Nuit forums on Mar 17, 2010, but didn't see this post and introduce myself. And I don't have a large number of posts. (My most active topic, was when I was asking for help to get Mistipedia listed on WikiIndex. 🙂 )

I'm primarily a Spelljammer fan, and I've been looking through Mistipedia trying to figure out how to infer information about Prime Material Worlds that some or all Domains of Dread might have been harvested from.

So far, I've not hit gold. But I hope I can find some inferred new D&D planets and then try to extrapolate out Spelljammer crystal spheres for them.

I was kind of hoping that the D&D Multiverse concepts, that WotC have been talking about, might deliver on this sort of thing, and build parallel links with Ravenloft, Spelljammer and Planescape all getting official tie-ins to the other D&D settings and better crosslinks between Ravenloft, Spelljammer and Planescape. But, so far, that's not happened with the canon.

So, I think I'm going to need to look for older canon and ferret out any sort of details that give me an excuse to build more links between Ravenloft and the Material Plane.
Hey, Big Mac. A belated welcome to you. ^_^

I wouldn't count on WotC for anything fun like that soon, not with them reclassifying Ravenloft as 100% "Weekend in Hell" and isolating all of the domains.
For links to the other settings, you're probably better off discussing stuff here with the people who love and play the setting.
AbolethEye
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by AbolethEye »

Howdy howdy!
I'm Aboleth Eye from tumblr. I've been running d&d 3.5 games ever since I started in college, and I fell in love with Sword & Sorcery Ravenloft 2e and 3e/3.5 soon after. Classic ravenloft is basically the only canon setting I love with d&d! I just started running a ravenloft 3.5 game every fortnight and I use mistipedia for so much. There's so much lore and all the resources this group curates is a lifesaver!

Just wanted to say hi and I hope to share my campaign (and my amazing players) with new friends!

Here is all the juicy details of my first ravenloft game so far:
VIEW CONTENT:
My game is currently starting in Dementlieu, with characters from across the planes (including the Core) first plucked from their own adventures by the Mists to be joined together at a mysterious demi-domain known as the Ravens Loft Inn! (Which started as a joke but I went a little overboard creating the darklord, the withered and ironically tormented Madame Zenia!
I also do a ton of 3.5 homebrew races, classes, etc. that's free to use on my tumblr! And say hi on Twitter too!
Check out my d&d 3e/3.5 homebrew content here! https://aboleth-workshop.tumblr.com/pos ... boleth-eye
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

AbolethEye wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 6:52 pm Howdy howdy!
I'm Aboleth Eye from tumblr. I've been running d&d 3.5 games ever since I started in college, and I fell in love with Sword & Sorcery Ravenloft 2e and 3e/3.5 soon after. Classic ravenloft is basically the only canon setting I love with d&d! I just started running a ravenloft 3.5 game every fortnight and I use mistipedia for so much. There's so much lore and all the resources this group curates is a lifesaver!

Just wanted to say hi and I hope to share my campaign (and my amazing players) with new friends!

Here is all the juicy details of my first ravenloft game so far:
VIEW CONTENT:
My game is currently starting in Dementlieu, with characters from across the planes (including the Core) first plucked from their own adventures by the Mists to be joined together at a mysterious demi-domain known as the Ravens Loft Inn! (Which started as a joke but I went a little overboard creating the darklord, the withered and ironically tormented Madame Zenia!
I also do a ton of 3.5 homebrew races, classes, etc. that's free to use on my tumblr! And say hi on Twitter too!
Well, welcome to the forum. ^_^
Manofevil
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Manofevil »

Welcome to the Frat. We shall call you SPAM.
Do us a favor Luv, Stick yer 'ead in a bucket a kick it!

So, gentlemen, that's how it is. Until Grissome.... resurfaces, I'm the acting president, and I say starting with this... anniversary festival, we run this city into the ground! :D
coco le belge
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by coco le belge »

Hello the community,
I am new here.
I am a GM and player (50/50) from Brussels (Belgium) and been in rpg for about 25 years now.
I was originaly a Ravenloft player for quite a few years (mainly played d&d2 with quite a few homemade rules) but decided now to be on the other side of the table.

Best and talk to you soon!

J
Mephisto of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Mephisto of the FoS »

Welcome coco may your stay be a pleasant one :azalin:
"I am not omniscient, but I know a lot."
-Mephistopheles from Faust by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

coco le belge wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:33 am Hello the community,
I am new here.
I am a GM and player (50/50) from Brussels (Belgium) and been in rpg for about 25 years now.
I was originaly a Ravenloft player for quite a few years (mainly played d&d2 with quite a few homemade rules) but decided now to be on the other side of the table.

Best and talk to you soon!

J
Welkom op het forum. :)