New to Ravenloft? Or new to our forum? introduce yourself!

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Zujenia
Conspirator
Conspirator

Re: New to Ravenloft? Or new to our forum? introduce yoursel

Post by Zujenia »

Hello, I'm new to the board, though I've dug through the main site a lot. I'm currently in an active Ravenloft campaign, so I'm really hoping for some advice. FoS is awesome ^_^
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Zujenia wrote:Hello, I'm new to the board, though I've dug through the main site a lot. I'm currently in an active Ravenloft campaign, so I'm really hoping for some advice. FoS is awesome ^_^
Welcome, Zujenia, always happy to see new prisoners.... I mean, visitors.
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
edised
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by edised »

hi im new to the form. but have loved ravenloft for a number of years.
Starscream
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Starscream »

A welcome to all the new members!
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

welcome, edised!
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Chess Lane
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Chess Lane »

Hello, everyone.

I've lurked around the board every once in a blue moon and I am very impressed with what you've built here. It's truly a fantastic and helpful place!
I'm starting up a 2nd Ed. game with the old TSR modules and I'll definitely be asking some questions.
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

Chess Lane wrote:Hello, everyone.

I've lurked around the board every once in a blue moon and I am very impressed with what you've built here. It's truly a fantastic and helpful place!
I'm starting up a 2nd Ed. game with the old TSR modules and I'll definitely be asking some questions.
Please do not hesitate to ask, and welcome! :Strahd:
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
Senuviel
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Senuviel »

Hails! I'm new to the board but I'm also a vet d&d player who loves some mystery, horror and suspense. I'm about to start dming Curse of Strahd to my friends and I hope I can find and share some great ideas here on how to conduct a horror/mystery adventure without making it boring, predictable and bland. FoS is freaking awesome by the way! Quoth the Raven: "Nevermore".
"Death smiles at all of us killing without mercy
Soul dies, fearless eyes, death smiles at all of us
Death smiles at all of us killing without mercy
Angel cries no more lies!" - Grave Digger
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

welcome, Senuviel! Good luck with your CoS game and I hope we can help you with it.
Senuviel
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Senuviel »

Gonzoron of the FoS wrote:welcome, Senuviel! Good luck with your CoS game and I hope we can help you with it.
Thank you, sir.
"Death smiles at all of us killing without mercy
Soul dies, fearless eyes, death smiles at all of us
Death smiles at all of us killing without mercy
Angel cries no more lies!" - Grave Digger
Mischief
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Checking in to say hi!

Post by Mischief »

Hi all, I've been a fan of D&D since the AD&D days, but such games were frowned upon due to bizarre religious propaganda (at least Harry Potter and Pokemon were okay!). Ironically, the story-driven nature of Ravenloft is what got me interested in D&D again. I've got a backlog of 5e-forward Ravenloft ideas I've been collecting since 5e's CoS came out. I hope to share them here since they are doing no good entombed on a harddisk.

Test.
Last edited by Mischief on Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Checking in to say hi!

Mischief wrote:Hi all, I've been a fan of D&D since the AD&D days, but such games were frowned upon due to bizarre religious propaganda (at least Harry Potter and Pokemon were okay!). Ironically, the story-driven nature of Ravenloft is what got me interested in D&D again. I've got a backlog of 5e-forward Ravenloft ideas I've been collecting since 5e's CoS came out. I hope to share them here since they are doing no good entombed on a harddisk.
Welcome, Mischief! Looking forward to seeing your perspective on things, coming to Ravenloft from a different direction than most of us.
Katdoc
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Katdoc »

Hello! I am new to the forums, Ravenloft, and somewhat D&D in general (though I'm at least more experienced with the last bit). I recently became addicted to the Ravenloft setting thanks to a very good DM on these forums, whose posts I am avoiding the temptation to read, as that would spoil future events involving my PC. This is also my first time on a forum of any kind. I, truly, have no idea what I'm doing.
Do you think she'd find it
improper if I waved? I don't
quite know the etiquette for
meeting up with something
that could easily take my life.
Wolfglide of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Wolfglide of the Fraternity »

Welcome!
Katdoc wrote:This is also my first time on a forum of any kind. I, truly, have no idea what I'm doing.
I had never had an account on a forum before this either. As of this moment, this is still the only forum I am a member of, so don't worry about it being a gateway drug.
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Katdoc wrote:Hello! I am new to the forums, Ravenloft, and somewhat D&D in general (though I'm at least more experienced with the last bit). I recently became addicted to the Ravenloft setting thanks to a very good DM on these forums, whose posts I am avoiding the temptation to read, as that would spoil future events involving my PC. This is also my first time on a forum of any kind. I, truly, have no idea what I'm doing.
Welcome Katdoc! You've managed to post successfully, so you know all you need to know. :cookie: Have fun!