New to Ravenloft? Or new to our forum? introduce yourself!

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Mephisto of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: New to Ravenloft? Or new to our forum? introduce yoursel

Post by Mephisto of the FoS »

Thank you Gonzoron, no need for that.
"I am not omniscient, but I know a lot."
-Mephistopheles from Faust by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Hanbaoge
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Hanbaoge »

Rock wrote:Hello. ^_^ Welcome back, I guess?

Um... Where do you stand on v. 3.75, a.k.a. Pathfinder 1E?
I'm a simple guy, so I just lay them flat on the floor in my library. If I stack up enough of them, I can even reach the top shelf! 8) 8) 8)

Actually, I don't have any Pathfinder! I know, I'm so ashamed......I like what I've seen of it, because I was okay with 3.0 and 3.5, but never got around to expanding before I drifted away from RPGs. I notice that there's entire websites devoted to selling RPG pdfs now, amazing what technology can do - any suggestions?
Wolfglide wrote:
Hanbaoge wrote:. . . and I pretend 4th never happened.
I have too many of those books to be able to pretend it never happened. Ah, the folly of youth . . .
"I wasn't the same back then as I am now......That was different time.....different values! I've changed, grown! I am no longer the callow, ignorant, inexperienced lad I once was! That.....was a different person......"

"Dude.....that was last week......"

"OH BITTER FOLLY OF YOUTH!"
Gonzoron of the FoS wrote:Welcome Mephisto and Hanbaoge, glad to have you joining the fun.

Let's just please take the edition comparisons to a new thread if they are going to continue....

Yes sir.....sorry sir......
Last edited by Hanbaoge on Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JasperWick
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by JasperWick »

Hi! Sooo I've been reading the FoS stuff for a while. I've been a fan of Ravenloft ever since I discovered it, and with the announcement of the new book which I am excited for, I decided to join the forum to talk with some other fans of Ravenloft!
onmyoji
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by onmyoji »

I guess I failed to properly introduce myself a few weeks ago.

I'm a new member at the forum, but I've been lurking on this site for some three years now. I thought my first intro to Ravenloft was Curse of Strahd, but technically speaking, it was the "Castle of the Undead" choose-your-own-adventure book that I somehow found when I was a teenager. Despite that, I somehow managed to avoid all mention of Ravenloft until three years ago, when our DM put us through Curse of Strahd.

Since then, I've been hooked on Ravenloft, and been writing a sequel campaign to the one we played already. While i came in with the 5E version, I'm a huge fan of the lore in previous editions and I'm trying to get into as much of it as I can. We only meet twice per week, but the site for all the campaign info (and I mean -ALL- the campaign info) is here: http://strahd.wikidot.com/ Also, it's in Pathfinder 2E. We kinda eschewed from 5E starting some months ago.

Our second session will be Sunday, so I'm hoping to have the info updated by Tuesday or Wednesday.

Nice to finally be formally here.

— onmyoji
Last edited by onmyoji on Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mephisto of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Castle of the Undead and Night of the Tiger Endless Quest books are two of my regrets of not buying them when I was a teenager...
onmyoji
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by onmyoji »

Mephisto wrote:Castle of the Undead and Night of the Tiger Endless Quest books are two of my regrets of not buying them when I was a teenager...
I assume you're speaking from a collector's perspective, because CotU was certainly not anything to write home about.

— onmyoji
Mephisto of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

onmyoji wrote: I assume you're speaking from a collector's perspective, because CotU was certainly not anything to write home about.
Well it is where the story of Vekaarn and the Bloodknife appear, which in canon they appear only in Van Richten's Arsenal if I am not mistaken. So I wanted to read what it is about. Also I am curious about Night of the Tiger.
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Welcome, JasperWick and a belated official welcome to onmyoji! Glad to have you out of lurking mode.
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
SilentRave
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by SilentRave »

Hey all, I'm SilentRave, and I've been in love with Ravenloft ever since I decided to run my first ever campaign 2 years ago.

My first touch with The Mists was back in 2016 when CoS was released, I've always been a big fan of gothic horror and dark fantasy in general, and ever since I finished playing as a player that CoS campaign, I decided to make my own version of it, and 3 years after I run my version. As I was building Barovia through the novels and Mistipedia, I fell in love with the setting and the amount of passion, detail and understanding of gothic horror tropes. As it was expected, I kept devouring lore page by page. Hope to discuss with you guys upon further dwelling in the Land of Mists!
History is made only by those who oppose history, not by those who insert themselves into it, or even reshape it - Gilles Deleuze, Félix Guattari.
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Welcome, SilentRave! Glad to see Mistipedia helped pull you fully into the Mists! Enjoy your stay :azalin:
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Remy the Wererat
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Remy the Wererat »

Hey everyone! Just made an account & figured I'd say hello :azalin:

I've gotten a lot for my own campaigns from the resources & discussions here, so I'm really looking forward to contributing!
Chaotic Blues
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Chaotic Blues »

Hello, I'm Chaotic Blues.

I found the Fraternity last year when I was getting ready to run CoS (My party actually agreed to let me run something Gothic! Muhaha) and wanted to do a deeper dive into Barovia. I've been lurking ever since.
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

Welcome aboard. ^_^
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Chaotic Blues wrote:Hello, I'm Chaotic Blues.

I found the Fraternity last year when I was getting ready to run CoS (My party actually agreed to let me run something Gothic! Muhaha) and wanted to do a deeper dive into Barovia. I've been lurking ever since.
Welcome! glad to have you here, lurking or posting!
Wolfglide of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Wolfglide of the Fraternity »

Remy the Wererat wrote:Hey everyone! Just made an account & figured I'd say hello :azalin:

I've gotten a lot for my own campaigns from the resources & discussions here, so I'm really looking forward to contributing!
And welcome to Remy the Wererat as well!