The Walking Dead on AMC!!!

Books, movies, television and everything else
A G Thing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Location: Currently the Frozen Wastes of Mount Pleasant Michigan

The Walking Dead on AMC!!!

Post by A G Thing »

AMC's NEW "The Walking Dead" series premieres on Halloween!!!

Yeaaaaaaay for more zombies on TV!!! It has a good director and the producer ain't to bad but the I am still reserved a bit as I always am when people retell any sort of fiction that I like.

Still I am hopeful for a great telling and for twists and turns that while different from the comics/graphic novels are perhaps still fitting and interesting!!!
"There is only one true answer to any and every question. The rest are just vagaries and obfuscations."
brass
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Re: The Walking Dead on AMC!!!

Post by brass »

It's a great series of graphic novels, when you think things can't get much worse; they invariably do.
Guzrath
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Guzrath »

Have been waiting for this new series for months now. I can't wait. Although i'm curious wether it will succeed or fail......but I have high hopes AMC (Breaking Bad) + Shawshank redemption was it? :)
Tresspassers will be shot......
Survivors will be shot again.
brass
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by brass »

I just hope it's as good or close to as good as Frank Darabont's other kind of zombie/cthulhuy movie; "The Mist". :D
A G Thing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by A G Thing »

Yep the director of the Shawshank Redemption is attached to it as well. Can't wait...
"There is only one true answer to any and every question. The rest are just vagaries and obfuscations."
Jonathan Winters
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Jonathan Winters »

I have faith in this one. I hope I won't be disappointed.

But it does look good.

And I read a review of the first episode on CBR: It seems pretty close to the source material.

Too bad I don't have AMC here, I'll have to wait for DVDs...

Patrick
Mysteries of Darkon (AKA Miranda Cornelius' Journal)
On hiatus while visiting Ptolus, City by the Spire, new RL-inspired campaign: Madness Rising!
www.bullonir.wikidot.com
Guardian of Twilight
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Guardian of Twilight »

I just found out about it yesterday, and can't wait to see the show! Here's hoping it's well done, and a long lived (or... unliving? :wink:) series! :D
[i]Seek not in the shadows, for there ye shall find secrets too terrible for mortal man to bear. [/i]
-Mordentish proverb
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Post by Rotipher of the FoS »

Saw it. Liked it. No emotional punches pulled on this one, and gory enough to be realistic without harping on it.

Haven't read the comic, myself. What did you guys think of the show, who had?
"Who [u]cares[/u] what the Dark Powers are? They're [i]bastards![/i] That's all I need to know of them." -- Crow
A G Thing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by A G Thing »

I watched it as well and thought it was incredibly good and fairly faithful. I understand some of what they did change and why, such as making the children just a little bit older than they are portrayed in the books but it is not that big a deal I guess. The violence and constant stream of horror images are exactly what they should be and the punches are not being pulled just as you said Roti.

Huzzahs for AMC, and while I may not enjoy how many commercials they cram into their movies I have to give them credit for their TV that seems to be starting to trend toward the likes of Dexter or Carnival and the like.

Also you can really tell the director of the "Shawshank Redemption" is attached to it (Though I wonder if he will direct the other episodes or if he was just a selling point for the first episode). A lot of the camera work is noticeably in his style and it shows. I really think that if they keep this up though this season I will definitely have to buy it when it comes to dvd...
Guardian of Twilight
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Guardian of Twilight »

I completely agree that this show was wonderful, and I look forward to future episodes! The direction of the story, the characters, makeup, and everything flowed perfectly. I'm very impressed! :D I alsolook forward to hearing what others thought that read the comic. :)
[i]Seek not in the shadows, for there ye shall find secrets too terrible for mortal man to bear. [/i]
-Mordentish proverb
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Post by Wiccy of the Fraternity »

Did anyone spot Charlie Adlard (artist of the comic) appear as a zombie? How about the zombie in the Invincible shirt and another in a Battle Pope shirt? Keep an eye out for those during the series if you watch it again. There is also said to be Marvel Zombie, Irredeemable Ant Man and Astounding Wolfman posters scattered about the city shots, but i only spotted the Wolfman one :(

Season 2 is shaping up to look pretty good with this like Hershel's farm being featured and so other things my NDA stops me from mentioning. I was told a few things by someone on the show and was made to sign one. At least Hershel's farm was announced already. Oh, and Michonne coming in to the show as announced, I forgot that bit.

Best tv show since the reworking of Battlestar! (and possibly a few episodes of Supernatural heheheh).
Swallow your soul!
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

So, when the new episodes start?
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Post by Wiccy of the Fraternity »

The next season starts airing in October. Look for a similar launch worldwide like season 1 had (but there may be a small further delay in some countries from what I heard).

I ended up having to sign a NDA as I know a couple of people working in or close to the show and they told me a few things they shouldn't have. It does look really good though :)
Swallow your soul!
Intrepid
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Intrepid »

I know I can't wait. I wish they would let it out sooner as it is an awesome show!
Please visit [url]http://www.gofundme.com/serenem[/url]
A G Thing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by A G Thing »

As long as the quality stays high I don't think release dates should be too much of an issue really. Plus releasing in October is not out of my way or anyone who works on or reads QtR! Just two things to look forward to!!! :D

I know what it is like to want to see whats on the slab... I see you shiver with antici...