The Walking Dead on AMC!!!

Books, movies, television and everything else
A G Thing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Location: Currently the Frozen Wastes of Mount Pleasant Michigan

Re: The Walking Dead on AMC!!!

Post by A G Thing »

SORRY EDITED FOR SPOILERS... JUST WAS NOT THINKING WHEN I POSTED!!!

Well late as I am the mid season finale was very hard to take. Yep they finally had a chance and yes things went down hill again though I guess that is a good thing.
VIEW CONTENT:
Still with Sophia gone that is a major arc change that will have effects to come especially since we still have not even gotten to the prison arc if it is still a part of the story.
All the other characters are developing quite well but the major things I have noticed are with Shane and Carl.
VIEW CONTENT:
Shane is still with the group and as much as people are defending Rick the way the deaths seem to happen I could almost see him turning the group around except for Dale and him surviving a bit longer while possibly in charge especially with the Sophia reveal proving him right on two sides. It is hard however not to see Rick staying in the game even if just by a thread and I think should the same moment come where he has to step up and kill Shane it will be much more powerful and brutal.
VIEW CONTENT:
As for Carl wonder how much this is going to affect him as he has pretty much fallen into the sole child role in the series... I wonder if he will manifest any sort of mental problems different than his more cold demeanor from the comic series? I just hope he does not go too far as the group is quickly losing a lot of its stabilizing forces and while Rick may be able to handle some of it, it seems to me that they are suffering a bit more now then before especially without the supporting cast. Losing Carl to death seems unlikely but I could see him suffering mentally being a driving force since it seems that hope is crushed for those who need it but not those who take it.
I guess I just wonder how much further they can be pushed and what the next big confrontation will be?
Last edited by A G Thing on Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There is only one true answer to any and every question. The rest are just vagaries and obfuscations."
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

OK, I checked the post and... it has spoilers. :) Please put a spoiler alert. I don't really mind, and I jumped in the conclusion early so it didn't spoil anything, but for others, a tag may do the trick.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Post by Wiccy of the Fraternity »

Yep, there are some large changes between the comic and the show, the biggest being that there are far less children present (Hershel had 2 little girls, the twins aren't present, etc). Tyreese is still to appear! Where is he?!

There have been a few changes since i was fed spoilers, but I had assumed some would be false, or may have been true at the time and later changed (like the end of episode 7 was very different to how I was first told), but it was still darn good, but it does effect things in a larger way down the line, but there's years of the show before that would have any major effect and then it's a subplot.

Hershel in episode 8 will be interesting even just to see how it reflects on the comic.

I just hate the fact we have to wait until February for more! Who's bright idea was it to put a break in a 13 episode season anyway? They should be brutally tortured! :P
Swallow your soul!
Catman Jim
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Catman Jim »

Season Finale show is coming up this weekend. The last two shows have been pretty brutal and real 'game-changers', I hope this last show of the season will be the most dramatic yet. :twisted:
I only wish I had retired sooner!
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Having seen the finale on Saturday (early poor quality leak that was sent out by accident, lol) and now having seen it properly, it was a very good episode. it picks up nicely from episode 12 and keeps going...

The Good stuff:
VIEW CONTENT:
The first half is pretty fast and frantic with more characters dying (2 if i remember right) the latter half dealing more with the fallout, what Jenner said to Rick in TS-19, inner struggles among the survivors. Andrea is off on her own and is about to get munched when a certain katana-wielding woman (played by Danai Gurira) comes along and saves her and yes, she does have the aimed zombies on chains tagging along with her. The episode ends with a pan up shot revealing a prison in the distance so it will tie in with that arc of the comic.
The Bad Stuff:
VIEW CONTENT:
Still not Tyreese!!!!! DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!! Maybe he'll come in with the prison, unless he was the black guy that left Randal in the town (and he referred to the zombies as Roamers, something I really do miss from the comic.
So yeah, not to much to say in the ways of bad stuff, just loved the entire season and cannot wait until October!!!
Swallow your soul!
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

I read a synopsis of what the comic has been about and it seems that 3rd season will be the best. Of course, if you don't like spoilers, don't go and read what will happen. :)
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Well, with what has been announced for season 3 it will go beyond the Safety Behind Bars arc (issues 13 - 18) as it involves things from later arcs. Personally cannot wait for this season!
Swallow your soul!