The Walking Dead on AMC!!!

Books, movies, television and everything else
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Re: The Walking Dead on AMC!!!

Post by Wiccy of the Fraternity »

...pation!

Sorry, couldn't resist. All Hail Frankie!

I've been told that the actors playing Morgan, Duane and Morgan's Zombified Wife have been signed up to the 2nd season and IMDB also has jumped them up form 1 episode each to 2 so that might be a confirmed rumour.
Swallow your soul!
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Anyone else excited about the shows' return next month? I know I can't wait :) Such a shame all of my rumour sources have dried up though :(
Swallow your soul!
A G Thing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Location: Currently the Frozen Wastes of Mount Pleasant Michigan

Post by A G Thing »

Definitely anxious but the lack of news on it makes me force myself not to speculate on how it is going to go.

Still no doubt I will be watching the series... Where else am I going to get zombie violence and drama on tv?
"There is only one true answer to any and every question. The rest are just vagaries and obfuscations."
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

I know that despite how excited I was about it before I had something find me that now has me twice, no three times as excited about season 2 than I was before. I am not allowed to say what it is (damn NDA!), it's not been announced on the internet at all that I can see, but it is something really good!
Swallow your soul!
Jonathan Winters
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Jonathan Winters »

At Wiccy...

I am torn between hating you (just a little) and being very happy.

I had heard something to the effect that everything was not great on the set this year and was worried...

Too bad you can't say anything...

But thanks!

:)

Patrick
(Who'll have to get caught up by way of DVD... sigh...)
Mysteries of Darkon (AKA Miranda Cornelius' Journal)
On hiatus while visiting Ptolus, City by the Spire, new RL-inspired campaign: Madness Rising!
www.bullonir.wikidot.com
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

I still have my worries with the departure of Darabont (that's putting what happened as politely as I can), but things are still looking very promising and the show should be in good hands still. I don't work on the show but I know a couple of people that do (old business acquaintances) and it's through talking to them and a few slip ups that led to me having to sign a NDA. If that wasn't over my head I'd happily tell everyone, lol.

It was on IMDB briefly, but the news has vanished from their again, but if people were fast enough they may have seen it on there. I'm guessing they aren't ready for that news to come out out, but I doubt people will have to wait to much longer to hear about it.
Swallow your soul!
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

What would have happened if you haven't signed the NDA? :twisted:
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

If I'd not signed the NDA then people will have heard a few new things that weren't in the comic from me by now. Oh, and found out what the CDC doctor said (it's kinda obvious when you hear it, lol), about new characters, what some characters get up to, whether certain characters are still alive at episode x and so on.

Let's just say that I could have written a pretty good synopsis for the first half of the season and added a few things that are to happen later on :twisted:
Swallow your soul!
A G Thing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by A G Thing »

Well just watched it and as it is the first episode I have tons of speculation but I am hesitant to add the first spoilers on this one!

So non spoiler questions just so others can be the first to add them...

1: What did you think of how Rick acted in the episode?

2: Did the subplot and subsequent search scenes that made up the main plot have any interesting points
that stuck to you?

3: Did you think Dale was right in his decision?

4: Do you think the ending twist was quite good or not?

5: Where do you think this is leading and does the preview help spell that out when compared to what you
may or may not know from the comics?
"There is only one true answer to any and every question. The rest are just vagaries and obfuscations."
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

To answer your questions.

1. In reference to how things later play out in the comic, Rick is still at the right point to be making the decisions he is, but there are a few hints toward some decisions he will make (much) later.

2. Yes, very much so with what they uncovered as the episode went on. Shame they skipped on Wiltshire Estates though :(

3. Absolutely, he's one of the moral voices in the group and will be all along.

4. Almost spot on with the comic, only then it had Glenn instead of Shane with Rick since Shane was dead at that point and you-know-who was you-know-what elsewhere. I think this episode ended at exactly the right place with a good cliffhanger to get people clawing (and biting) for more next week.

5. I know exactly where it is leading from here and the end credit previews show a lot of what's going to be coming up, well at least next week or so. And yes, that was Glenn getting a taste of the female action in that very short preview ;)

My favourite bit of this weeks episode was the introduction of the term "herd" which is not brought about until much later in the comics when Abraham, Rosita and Eugene in the mid 50s. That scene in this episode was astonishing and even though I knew how it would play out, it still had me holding my breath in places and on the edge of my seat.

Absolutely extraordinary start to the new season and even stronger than the first season,m something I never thought would be possible!
Swallow your soul!
A G Thing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by A G Thing »

Wiccy of the Fraternity wrote:To answer your questions.

1. In reference to how things later play out in the comic, Rick is still at the right point to be making the decisions he is, but there are a few hints toward some decisions he will make (much) later.

2. Yes, very much so with what they uncovered as the episode went on. Shame they skipped on Wiltshire Estates though :(

3. Absolutely, he's one of the moral voices in the group and will be all along.

4. Almost spot on with the comic, only then it had Glenn instead of Shane with Rick since Shane was dead at that point and you-know-who was you-know-what elsewhere. I think this episode ended at exactly the right place with a good cliffhanger to get people clawing (and biting) for more next week.

5. I know exactly where it is leading from here and the end credit previews show a lot of what's going to be coming up, well at least next week or so. And yes, that was Glenn getting a taste of the female action in that very short preview ;)

My favourite bit of this weeks episode was the introduction of the term "herd" which is not brought about until much later in the comics when Abraham, Rosita and Eugene in the mid 50s. That scene in this episode was astonishing and even though I knew how it would play out, it still had me holding my breath in places and on the edge of my seat.

Absolutely extraordinary start to the new season and even stronger than the first season,m something I never thought would be possible!
I have to agree with all your points on this episode especially passing by Wiltshire Estates! I really enjoyed the sense of hope they got from that for a short while though I hope there is a slight pick me up for the group soon because while I want drama they need a win. The little flash of Glen definitely leads me to expect the farm to come up but I do wonder how that is going to turn out. Bringing the word "herd" into it and that mass of one in just then does make you wonder on how high the stakes are going to go! I was able to predict that the girl would at least alert a zombie or two by getting out first. I also realized Dales decision was right and balanced the whole argument Andrea managed to make it quite personal and her words stung a bit.

Still very excited to see how it all goes!!!
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

The loss of Wiltshire Estates is understandable since its inclusion would have had no real impact on the characters though, not like it had in the comic. Donna would have died, leaving Allan very depressed and put more friction in the group, but Donna, All and and the boys aren't in the show. Also, Tyrese and so on had already appeared by that point and there's no sign of him yet (and I'm not allowed to say if he does turn up or not, shame really as I'd love to share that bit of news, same with Michonne!).

I know that out of the farm characters at least Hershell and Maggie will be there, not sure about Arnold, Lacey, Ottis, Patricia, Billy, Rachel or Susie though. I was told nothing about that and not seen them on any of the character/cast listings online :( I do know The Barn will be there since they built it for the show. As to what's inside it though... ;)
Swallow your soul!
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Okay, we're getting pretty far into the season now and what do people think of it?

Warning, my post may contain some spoilers for episodes that have yet to air in the States and will contain spoilers for people that have not seen up to the end of episode 6 (Secrets)...

We've finally seen Wiltshire Estates when Shane and Andrea go there and encounter lots of zombies. Not the same impact as the place had in the comic, but it was still nice to see the place.

Maggie and Glenn are moving along nicely and it's not a "hi, just jump each other" like it was in the comic, Lori's pregnancy is also being handled realistically with her reactions. The barn is great (I also love how they built it, it really does look it has a evil face) and the back story to it is intact, though it seems Lacey is already dead and is one of the zombies locked inside (plus the son is now the stepson, but oh well).

Still no sign of Tyrese (grr), I was really hoping he'd be in the show by now. Then again I've not heard anything on him appearing on the show, so who knows.

Sophia's disappearance is dragging a little, but I like how it's given space for people like Carol and Daryl to grow and become less one dimensional.

Dale and Andrea will be hooking up soon though it seems, one of the actors managed to leak that in a interview, lol!

Perhaps my biggest disappointment is that we were promised that what Jenning whispered to Rick would be revealed very early in the season, after 6 episodes we still haven't had that, even though I already know what was whispered (and I would love to tell everyone too, but I'm not allowed, pfft).

On the whole, still a strong show, but it is flagging a little in terms of pace, they need to get a few things moving, but I think Darabont's exit has had a larger effect than the studio made known. I'm still loving it though :)
Swallow your soul!
Catman Jim
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Catman Jim »

This weeks episode, the so-called "mid-season finale", was particularly brutal. :shock:
I only wish I had retired sooner!
Rudolf Weathermay
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Rudolf Weathermay »

crap .. I'm waiting until it is released here. It looks like a good serie :)