True20 Conversions

Discussing all things Ravenloft
DoctorMoreau
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

True20 Conversions

Post by DoctorMoreau »

I swear sometimes I just post here because I love talking Ravenloft.

Does anyone else play Ravenloft with True20?

I've used the system before (I was a player) and am pretty excited about the prospect, just wondering if anyone has already done any conversions of monsters, or modules, or even just custom content.

Either way I'm going to need to :)

Hell, maybe I can make a conversion guide if anyone wants to help.
Tyger! Tyger! burning bright
In the forests of the night,
What immortal hand or eye
Could frame thy fearful symmetry?
The Giamarga
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: True20 Conversions

Post by The Giamarga »

Do you know Blue Rose? That's the campaign setting from which True20 evolved and i think it fits very well for Ravenloft, being a somewhat fairy-tale like campaign setting and system.

If there is anything it is probably to be found on the True20 forums on Green ronins site.
DoctorMoreau
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by DoctorMoreau »

To a point, but Blue Rose is romantic fantasy, which is almost in complete contrast to Ravenloft as well. Either way, I am farming Blue Rose for ideas, as well as "Imperial Age - True 20 Edition" and "Shadows of Cthulu - True 20 Edition".

Quite frankly True 20's sanity save (one save, but two different damage tracks) for fear and horror I ACTUALLY really like in place of the typical Fear, Horror, Madness saves. That's in the core book no less. Their corruption system would need some work though...

The main book has really grown in the revised edition, which is newer than when I played.
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

DoctorMoreau wrote:I swear sometimes I just post here because I love talking Ravenloft.
That's kinda the point of the place. ;) Enjoy!
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
The Giamarga
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Giamarga »

Ah, so you already own True20 Shadows of Cthulhu. I just wanted to point you to this guy on ebay who sells them regularly for 1 GBP.

Another d20 line worth pillaging is imho the Hunt: The Rise of Evil setting and product line by Mystic Eye Games.

Someone compiled a list of True20 sourcebooks here.
DoctorMoreau
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by DoctorMoreau »

Colonial Gothic - True20 Edition and Imperial Age - True20 edition are turning into gold mines.

Still, would anyone be interested in some serious conversion work with me into a pamphlet or something? Is anyone else interested in the True20 setting with Ravenloft?

Just things I'm considering.
Nevermorrow
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Nevermorrow »

Sorry to bump such an old thread once again. If anyone is interested, I wrote a long essay on my own homebrew version of True20. I rewrote some of the rules to make it more realistic, especially combat (I actually know something about real combat so I wanted more realism there). Ravenloft isn't mentioned because I was planning a separate supplement for it. You can download them here. However, you need a copy of the True20 rulebook. Maybe you'll find something useful if you're into True20.
Formerly known as SpiritCaller.