map of Ravenloft's core

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Shadowdragon
Conspirator
Conspirator

map of Ravenloft's core

Post by Shadowdragon »

I'm looking for a map of Ravenloft's core, including the two seas, I can print out. I need something I can write on, stick pins into, etc. The maps in the 3.5 books don't copy well (all that red), so I'm hoping there's a better one on a web page somewhere. Does anyone know where I can find a good map of the entire core I can print off?
Twin Agate Dragons
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Twin Agate Dragons »

Gryhon Hill should have you covered.
[url=http://www.fraternityofshadows.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6410]Ravenloft - The Dreull Lands[/url] | [url=http://www.fraternityofshadows.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6413]Recent Updates[/url]
Shadowdragon
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Shadowdragon »

It look like Gryphon Hill doesn't have a map of the Sea of Sorrows, and the Nocturnal Sea has been split off onto a separate map. The map of the core is pretty good, although it doesn't seem to be of very good quality (most of the text on the map is unreadable). Maybe I can piece something together using all the smaller maps, but I'm not sure what I can do about the Sea of Sorrows.
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Shadowdragon
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Shadowdragon »

Gonzoron of the FoS wrote:Or try these:

http://fraternityofshadows.com/Portrait ... llery.html
Yep, these will do very nicely, thanks.
brass
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Re: map of Ravenloft's core

Post by brass »

Does anyone have High quality versions of the Gryphon Hill core maps? The ones on the website are great.I have access to a plotter in work and would like to do a large print of the core and the resolution on the current maps is not great on a large print.
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Just an Off topic question:
SInce this is the Generic RPG forum, why wasn't that thread moved to the general forum?
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

alhoon wrote:Just an Off topic question:
SInce this is the Generic RPG forum, why wasn't that thread moved to the general forum?
good point. done.
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
lostboy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by lostboy »

someone did do a crackign map of the core a while back.. and they are still up at: http://mystlands.altervista.org/

I've always fancied a mapping project over the whole core but that Port_a_lucine map was stupidly intensive, so until weeks become 9 days long or I earn Immortality for real, its just a dream.. *sigh*
"I had a dream, which was not all a dream.
The bright sun was extinguish'd, and the stars
Did wander darkling in the eternal space..."
brass
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by brass »

lostboy wrote:someone did do a crackign map of the core a while back.. and they are still up at: http://mystlands.altervista.org/

I've always fancied a mapping project over the whole core but that Port_a_lucine map was stupidly intensive, so until weeks become 9 days long or I earn Immortality for real, its just a dream.. *sigh*

That one is quite useful, if not as detailed as the Gryphon hill ones. I'll definitely be using this one for overviews for my players.
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

brass wrote:Does anyone have High quality versions of the Gryphon Hill core maps? The ones on the website are great.I have access to a plotter in work and would like to do a large print of the core and the resolution on the current maps is not great on a large print.
A while back did, I did with the CC2 software 3 high definition core maps from the work of the Mordent Carto - DM map, DM map with non canon and players map (without domain border - whay would they know it without experiencing it).

The definition is perfect, but these are 20 megs each. Do you have a way for me to send them your way?

Joël
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Joël of the FoS wrote:A while back did, I did with the CC2 software 3 high definition core maps from the work of the Mordent Carto - DM map, DM map with non canon and players map (without domain border - whay would they know it without experiencing it).

The definition is perfect, but these are 20 megs each. Do you have a way for me to send them your way?
If only there was a Ravenloft fan website somewhere to host such things.... and wouldn't it be nice if such a website had permission to archive the Gryphon Hill maps...
:P

Joel, send them my way and I'll put them up. (send to my gmail, but alert me at hotmail that you've done it).
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

I can't send 20 megs files from my email account, will PM you for the main upload way.

Joël
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
Scipion_Emilien
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Scipion_Emilien »

You guys like to mess with us...

PUT THOSE MAP ON ASAP!
brass
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by brass »

Joël of the FoS wrote:
brass wrote:Does anyone have High quality versions of the Gryphon Hill core maps? The ones on the website are great.I have access to a plotter in work and would like to do a large print of the core and the resolution on the current maps is not great on a large print.
A while back did, I did with the CC2 software 3 high definition core maps from the work of the Mordent Carto - DM map, DM map with non canon and players map (without domain border - whay would they know it without experiencing it).

Joël

Thanks Joël, I'll PM you about it.