odd terror tracks?

Discussing all things Ravenloft
jules
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

odd terror tracks?

Post by jules »

what is the weirdest terror track you have ever made & how did it go?
Deewun
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Deewun »

I had one (a gnome abjurer) who was slowly ceasing to exist. It started with him being able to cast invisibility, silence, and passwall on himself once per day per int mod (3 different failures). Then it flipped, and he was always invisible, silent, and phased out unless he chose to use his "spell like ability." That's as far as he got, though if he had gone farther everyone would have forgotten him after a few minutes, and then he would be a ghost and everything he had accomplished would be reworked in the minds of everyone he ever met to have happened some other way, and he would have ceased to be. Except he was still there, just unable to interact with anything and everything.
Ail
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ail »

sonofaspectre wrote:I had one (a gnome abjurer) who was slowly ceasing to exist. It started with him being able to cast invisibility, silence, and passwall on himself once per day per int mod (3 different failures). Then it flipped, and he was always invisible, silent, and phased out unless he chose to use his "spell like ability." That's as far as he got, though if he had gone farther everyone would have forgotten him after a few minutes, and then he would be a ghost and everything he had accomplished would be reworked in the minds of everyone he ever met to have happened some other way, and he would have ceased to be. Except he was still there, just unable to interact with anything and everything.
Cruel, but oh so cool.
Zumba d'Oxossi (A Stitch in Souragne)
Brother Eustace (The Devil's Dreams)
Robert de Moureaux (A New Barovia)
Paladyn
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Paladyn »

During AD&D days player of mine overused Wraithform spell, and with it he accomplished few... shameful tasks. So at first he was cold at all times, then air around his hero turned out to be much colder than usual. Later he was able to put out fire by merely closing to it. Last two stages weren't introduced to game thank to Total Party Kill accident but I planed to allow him drain levels with touch, and than transform him into uncorporeal being.
I love shorcuts!:
"IMHO a SH HH should be a better RL DL"
- Kargatane mailing list member
------
My campaign's journal: [url]http://forgotten-epic.blogspot.com[/url]
jules
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by jules »

Paladyn wrote:During AD&D days player of mine overused Wraithform spell, and with it he accomplished few... shameful tasks. So at first he was cold at all times, then air around his hero turned out to be much colder than usual. Later he was able to put out fire by merely closing to it. Last two stages weren't introduced to game thank to Total Party Kill accident but I planed to allow him drain levels with touch, and than transform him into uncorporeal being.
weird,nice but weird
Brandi
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Brandi »

I suggested one to MadStepDad (is he still around here?) when he had a PC who was dealing drugs, based on Quinn the Eskimo from the Wild Cards series.

Basically, the guy could inject any drug he liked (or a combo!) into people directly through claws in his fingers-- but since these drugs were formed/forming in his own blood, he was perpetually rocketing through highs, lows, and hallucinations...
DeepShadow of FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by DeepShadow of FoS »

In an old game, one PC was from a spellcasting class that had to make powers checks on leveling up, due to delving into forbidden lore. The PC failed one, but what was the crime? I decided the PC learned a bit of forbidden lore that granted the ability to use blood magic: he could substitute his own blood for spell components, at a cost of 1hp per level.

Funny incident: PC had a pistol that backfired in his hand, doing damage. He made lemonade out of it by shaking the blood from the wound all around him, to cast protection from evil.
The Avariel has borrowed wings,
The Puppeteer must cut the strings
The Orphan Queen must take the throne
The Queen of Orphans calls them home
Manofevil
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Manofevil »

THAT'S clever! :shock:
Do us a favor Luv, Stick yer 'ead in a bucket a kick it!

So, gentlemen, that's how it is. Until Grissome.... resurfaces, I'm the acting president, and I say starting with this... anniversary festival, we run this city into the ground! :D
jules
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: odd terror tracks?

Post by jules »

any more weird terror tracks out there?
Loethadai the Lurker
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Loethadai the Lurker »

Many years ago, I was running a game of Red Death, and put an Adept(Mage), through a quite grizzly experience. The characters had chased down an evil necromancer, and found themselves in his laboratory. The necromancer had made his escape through a magical portal, and the characters were trying to find a way to follow him. The Adept stumbled upon an old tome of necromancy, and with some difficulty the Adept was able to decipher a spell that would open the portal for he, an his companions. Unfortunately, the process by which you cast this spell was...well....disturbing at best. In order for this spell to be successful, the caster had to gut a live pig, and use it's blood, and entrails as material components for the spell. The caster was required to use the intestines as means of creating a necromantic symbol on the floor, and the travelers had to drink the still warm pig blood immediately after the incantation was read. LOL! I know... disturbing. Needless to say, many fear, and horror checks needed to be made, and the poor adept who cast this spell, needed to make a powers check, more than once. Suffice it to say, the adept grew an insatiable hunger for raw meats, the bloodier the better, and along with this, he developed an obsession with necromantic arts. This was the start of a downward spiral for the Adept, and over the course of time, and other nefarious deeds, he eventually attempted a necromantic spell that was far beyond his capability, and disappeared without a trace.
The Giamarga
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Giamarga »

Well it's not terribly creative, but I had once planned a Terrror Track of the were-weasel for a certain weasely halfling fighter/thief.
jules
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by jules »

The Giamarga wrote:Well it's not terribly creative, but I had once planned a Terrror Track of the were-weasel for a certain weasely halfling fighter/thief.
weird,nice but weird
jules
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by jules »

any terror tracks based upon mental conditions(I.E. aspergurgers syndrome,autism or turrets)?
cure
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by cure »

For the Teeny, Tiny Tales I worked up a skin thief terror tract for a vain medical student who was embarrassed by, and constantly seeking to hide, her half Vistani heritage.
The cure for what ails you
Sareau
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Sareau »

Floating around the forums is the Terror Track that turns the poor victim into a muppet...