Portuguese netbooks at www.ravenloft.com.br

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Strahdsbuddy wrote:It's already there.
It's actually a link to an older address of that site. I'll update it when I get a chance.
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Ail
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ail »

A G Thing wrote:Wow! :shock:

Is there any way to confirm this? I mean I guess it could be true, but as I was not the one to hear Steve Miller on the subject I can only hope that it is.

It would be great to have such possibilities on the GC at ones fingertips.

If it is true then good job www.ravenloft.com.br and thank you Steve Miller for some of the disclosure! Also if true I at least nominate that we see if we can link this site to the Boat House!

Anyone got the time and or connections to confirm this?
Steve Miller is himself a registered user and poster in this site. We just have to hope he reads this an answers ;-)
Zumba d'Oxossi (A Stitch in Souragne)
Brother Eustace (The Devil's Dreams)
Robert de Moureaux (A New Barovia)
Alanik Ray
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Alanik Ray »

Hey, guys... I know Lucifer (I'm also from Brazil) and have already informed him of your sudden interest in his work. :lol:

In the meantime, I think I can help you since portuguese is my first language. Steve Miller agreed to come up with some possibilities of what the Gentlemen Caller's plan could be, but they're not something that he had planned all those years ago, they're more "dread possibilities, if you will, than anything else. They were just some ideas he came up with "on the spot" for the sake of the project.

Hope my english isn't too bad... it's been a while.

P.S: I'm pretty sure Lucifer will be here soon to answer all of your questions, so just hold on for a little longer.
Ascidhiz Abaddon
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Ascidhiz Abaddon »

Hello! I´m one of the members of Raveloft Brasil, and Lucifer Abaddon´s fiancée.

Indeed Steve Miller was very kind to provide us some ideas concerning the GC´s plan. They may or may not be the ideas he was going to use for the character, this was left vague. The last idea presented in the netbook was Lucifer Abaddon´s personal view of the master plan of the incubus.

We also had produced some "Gazetteer" like netbooks, telling our non canon version of S journey through some of the missing domains, and presenting theories about Azalin´s plan, as a mean to rovide information and adventure ideas to the brazilian fans of the setting.

Steve also posted some interesting info bout the GC in his boards

http://stevemillersband.yuku.com/topic/ ... aller.html

Ail
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ail »

Hello Ascidhiz. Indeed, I recognized your nickname from the netbooks I was reading. I think it might be perhaps useful to translate your document on GC's plan to English and publish it here, if you'd allow such translation to be made. I think I could do it since it is relatively short, although I don't commit to a given deadline. Nor would I keep format :/

Would you give permission to do that?

P.S.: I don't have the time to do the same for the other netbooks you host, by the way :(
The Giamarga
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Giamarga »

Ail wrote:- Come 3E, the idea was to release the whole plan through the Gazs, but apparently the Kargatane had different opinions from Steve. Among these were the idea that the GC had several children half-vistani.
- Then, they write this (translation): "However, the setting was cancelled once more and the plan was never revealed. Until now" (emphasis mine, this is was what motivated my previous remark).
- And then they follow with:

This document holds possibilities and comments by Steve Miller on the GC, so that Ravenloft DMs may have ideas referring to the character in their campaigns. After next page, comments by Steve Miller are written in black, and our own in red for a better understanding of the material."
Very interesting. So what are Steve's comments there?
Ascidhiz Abaddon
Conspirator
Conspirator

Ail wrote:Hello Ascidhiz. Indeed, I recognized your nickname from the netbooks I was reading. I think it might be perhaps useful to translate your document on GC's plan to English and publish it here, if you'd allow such translation to be made. I think I could do it since it is relatively short, although I don't commit to a given deadline. Nor would I keep format :/

Would you give permission to do that?

P.S.: I don't have the time to do the same for the other netbooks you host, by the way :(
Hello. Sure, feel free to translate.

By the way, I have the originals in english that Steve sent us years ago, if you wish I can send it to you by e-mail, so it you spare you from some work.

Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

Since it's already in English, can you post it here?

Joël
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
Ascidhiz Abaddon
Conspirator
Conspirator

Steve´s possibilities are in english, but the other parts of the netbook exist only in portuguese. Anyway I can post the english parts here.
Ail
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ail »

Go ahead then, and I'll try to sort out what is new material. Having less to translate is great :)
Ascidhiz Abaddon
Conspirator
Conspirator

As promissed:
Postado em 26/8/2005 21:23:00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I promised to make some posts about everyone's favorite wandering incubus here. I'll be posting possibitiies and suggestions. Feel free to offer your own, or to comment. (I'll be doing what I have time for, so sometimes a day or two may go by, and what I post will probably be unimpressive in the extreme.)

BTW, these ideas may or may not have any relation to something that was being planned for the Ravenloft line. I could be making them up as I am typing.

Plan Possibilities...

Possiblity #1
He has no plan. He is really just running around, doing his typical evil deeds while trying to stay one step ahead of a certain Angel of Vengeance that's hot on his trail.

Possibility #2
GC's entry into Ravenloft is part of a careflly devised, long-term plan. It was formulated by the Lords of the Netherworld [not a hard rock band, although they are probably worshipped by a few].

The GC's first role in the plan was to seduce an Eladrin (or whatever the angel type that Isolde is... the Angel of Vengeance type] by making her think he was not only sexy but also redeemable. He was then to betray her and/or piss her off so completely that she'd go anywhere and do anything to nail him to a wall. Isolde, his long-time foe, with whom he had an almost playful relationship, became his target since she was already a bit odd for an angel. (See "Carnvial" for Isolde's backstory.]

Having ticked off Isolde, the GC flees into Ravenloft, because it's the only safe place he can hide from a headhunting angel... and, as expected, Isolde violates the commandments of higher powers and persues him in.

The ongoing chase across the domains of Ravenloft is the GC and his demonic master's own version of Azalin's research project. They are testing the sturdiness of the demiplane when it comes to incursions from powerful extra-planar beings. At the same time, the GC is having children with carefully selected humans.

These half-demons serve two purposes. They are the spawn of humans that the Dark Powers had an interest in, and they are likely to take an interest in the children as well, since the Dark Powers seem to take notice of family lines (according to the theories of the Lords of the Netherworld); the Gentleman Caller is a highly capable Diviner, and the hope is that he will discover a way to monitor when the Dark Powers are paying attention to someone. The second purpose is that when the time is right, the Lords of the Netherworld will take the places of the half-demons through forced "transposition," something that each of the GC's offspring have been made ready for since the moment of conception... not that the "kids" are aware of this.

Ultimately, the Lords hope to hijack Ravenloft from its current masters, the Dark Powers. They hope to use it to imprison the power powerful of the angels... and maybe even a god or two. Isolde is the first test case. If they can keep her cages within the Mists, they're going to start using what the Dark Powers have constructed to snatch powerful good beings from all over the planes of existence.

Steve Miller, Writer of Stuff
and
Postado em 30/8/2005 18:13:00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mensagem original postada por Azalin Rex Steve, is this in any way related to the ToUD?

Could be.

The Gentleman Caller's efforts could be him building the circumstances that will bring about the Time of Ultimate Darkness. The forces that were active in the Bleak House domain (other than Radanavich] could be laying the foundation to oppose him.

Steve Miller, Writer of Stuff
Ail
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ail »

Ok, since there are still a few other possibilities, apparently, I'll get to it as soon as I can.
brothersale
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Portuguese netbooks at www.ravenloft.com.br

Post by brothersale »

Darn, it appears the website has now disappeared into the mists. Does anyone have copies of their netbooks, as most don't appear to have been archived.
All great movements require a few martyrs... -Moebius (soulreaver 2)
The Giamarga
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Giamarga »

Anybody have the PDFs of know how to contact the authors/website owners?
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

Here's what I have on file:

\Documents\Ravenloft\sites web RL\Ravenloft Brésil\

Atlas da Perdição (aka The Lost Atlas) (they continued the Gaz project, after Gaz 5) :

VI - nocturnal sea, nightmare land.PDF 10.32 mg
VI - WE - we nocturnal sea.PDF 0.21
VII - sea of sorrows.PDF 20.65
VII – web enhancement SoS.PDF 0.77
VIII-Saragoss.PDF 7.53
VIII-Souragne.PDF 12.54
IX - Har´Akir.pdf 12.96
XIII – prolog of the report.pdf 0.49

Other :

Compêndio Das Obscuras Revelações (stories and NPCs).pdf 0.22
Cisne Azul- A última parada - adventure.pdf 0.36
Compêndio Do Sofrimento - netbook with various articles.pdf 1.26
Compêndio Do Sofrimento - we (map).PDF 0.13
Pergaminho Amaldiçoado #1 – introduction to Ravenloft.pdf 3.71
O plano Do Cavalheiro Visitante - plans of the Gentleman caller by Steve miller.PDF 1.12
Interview of William W Connors et JW Mangrum.doc 0.05
Testealt (optional rules).pdf 0.21
Trilhas do Terror (path of terror).pdf 0.03

Indeed, it would be great if we had the permission to host these here!

I wrote Lucifer Abbadon but his email adress (abaddon_lucifer_rl@yahoo.com.br) is no longer valid. I also wrote ascidhiz_abaddon@hotmail.com, we'll see :)

Joël
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)