Back to Basics Chapter 1: Where are we ?

Rafael's and Skybolt's Online Campaign
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Alia stops, her mouth sagging a little as she gazes around at the scene around her. Stunned, she turns and looks over her shoulder, as if looking for Marsember, then stares back at the village again.

"Wh... what? wheres... wheres the city gone? I..."

She sits suddenly down on the sand, and stares at the scene in front of her as if dazed
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

"Hey! Where's the city? How'd we get here?" Arnulf looks around, a little unnerved by what is going on.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Sara sighs, she wanted an adventure way from home and seems she got one! Spotting the small village decides to go there, hoping to find someone to tell her where she is.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Dalorna and Arnulf- presumably out of sight and hearing of the others, maybe far away

tarlyn wrote:"Hey! Where's the city? How'd we get here?" Arnulf looks around, a little unnerved by what is going on.
''I'm not sure. This is amazing! Somehow, we've been...umm..well, teleported, I suppose. I don't know how. Maybe it was some archmage's spell gone wrong? I don't see my friend Isidar nearby; I wonder if she was caught up in whatever-that-was?''

Dalorna chews her lip until she realizes that she's doing it, then tries to get her 'brave face' screwed on tight.

''Alright- the important thing is to just try to keep calm and use our heads. Let's go down that trail- it must lead someplace, after all. First, we should mark this spot. Let's write our names in the sand, well above the tidewash. We can maybe pile some rocks or sticks, too. ''
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

"Good idea sis!" He goes about gathering rocks and firewood in case they need to make a fire later if they come back. He places them in the sand where Lorna indicated. "Okay let's go then."

As an afterthought, Arnulf looks at Lorna than at the package with a strange expression. "What about the package? They're not gonna get it now."
Last edited by steveflam on Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

Professor Huln Aumnoir stands in stunned silence. Boiling over with an urgent sense of panic, his hand shakes upon the silvered handle of his black walking cane. His mind races at the possibilities of what just occurred. Could some malevolent spell caster whisked him away to parts unknown? Did he suffer from a momentary lapse in memory and come to in a part pf the world he did not recognize? Given his state, the later seemed likely.
Mere moments ago he had been standing in the inn in which he had taken temporary residence while he sought out appointments with people whom he had come to discover where no longer among the living. One fellow by the name of Master Delthrin had found himself murdered by ambitious watchmen. The other, worshipers of the dark god of death Myrkul, where many and now lay in heaps of ash and scattered bodies outside of their temple in the desolate marsh district of a city he apparently was no longer within the confines of.
It wasn't good to let ones heart race when you suffered as much as Huln. He had contracted a debilitating sickness some twenty years ago, and though he had learned to live with it, he still suffered it's effects at a much more prolonged and gradual rate. But what good was adaptation when one allowed themselves to suffer such shock and disorientation. As odd as it was, surprise was a luxury Professor Aumnoir could not afford.
The old man took a considerable amount of time to steel himself and regain control over his pulse and bring about his breathing to a much more reasoned and manageable state. Once his nerves had settled a bit, he attempted to orientate himself in the direction he had heard that horrible scream. He knew he would not be much use if a fight where occurring, but his knowledge in healing would serve greatly to those suffering from injuries...that is to say if those suffering where not already dead.
He shifts his weight onto his cane and sets out in the direction in which he heard such a suffering cry, hoping he could at least provide some level of aid.
Roofdrak
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Roofdrak »

Isidar calls out, "Dalorna! Stay there!". She pulls Ovina along and looks around at her new surroundings as she trudges through the sand to where Dalorna and the strange boy are talking. When she finally reaches them she asks, "What strange magic is this, that has brought us to this new place? At least you are safe. Who is this man-child?"
RuthRogan, RuthRogan, she's as strong as a fightin' man!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

''Oh! Good, I was worried we'd been far seperated, Isidar. This is my brother Arnulf. ''

Turning to face her little brother-

''Arnulf, this is my friend Isidar. ''

Picking up a long, skinny stick , Dalorna scratches her name in the sand. She adds Arnulf's name and also Isidar's.

'' I hope that, between the names and the marker Arnulf has made, we've left behind a clue for any friends of ours that may come this way. To tell the truth, I really don't know what's happened- but my guess is that we've somehow been teleported out of the city. Maybe we are a mile or two down the coastline? It must be magic. In any event, there's a trail there-''

She indicates the trail along the beach-

''and I think that we ought to see where it leads. ''

[Dalorna will write ''we went down the trail'' and add an arrow in the sand if the other two agree to go and do not object to her plan of action]
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

"Ah, er hello Isidar. Hey, you're a dwarf. Neat! I met a dwarf once, I think. Well, let me take the lead up the path. Sis, I'm fine with your plan, let's check out the trail."

And to himself, as he begins walking up the trail when the others are following I'll protect you, Lorna. One day I'll be big and strong like that crazy barbarian. His hands never stray far from his scabbard and dagger at his belt.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

on the beach with Dalorna,Arnulf, Isidar

Dalorna now briefly turns her attention to her pet raven.

''Cob, won't you fly up and take a quick look around? Don't go out of sight of us- just go up and look, then come back down and tell me what you see.''

The raven speaks in a scratchy and thin, but perfectly intelligible voice-

''Cob fly...look...come back..''

kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

A nudge on the shoulder breaks Alia out of her stunned surprise, and she looks up at the mule next to her. With a gasp of dismay she leaps up, takes the lead rope and looks around for signs of life. If she sees none, she will head for the vilage as fast as she can
Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

After Cob fly's up a ways he comes down and speak into her ear(1).

1.Ewan see incoming PM .
Last edited by Lord Skybolt on Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Evil only endures when good people remain silent ."
Tony inspired by Thomas Jefferson .
Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

Huln sets off down the dirt track and eventual comes within site of a village(1) that sits on a beach . As he gets closer he notices that two other travelers(women) are coming into the village from different directions but don't seem to see each other as yet .

1.Possibly a fishing village by the look of a few boats moored to a makeshift peer that goes out into the water behind the village .
"Evil only endures when good people remain silent ."
Tony inspired by Thomas Jefferson .
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

''Cob tells me that there is a village north along this beach. Off the beach, farther inland there's a dirt trail leading to town. The village isn't far away- from what he tells me, I'm guessing just a couple of miles.''

Dalorna moves out along with her companions- headed for the village reported by Cob.

BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

Huln continues toward the village. He assumes the two women are either travelers and know where they are going, or residents of the village. Either way it looked promising that he would receive some answers as to where he ended up.

To any who may notice him, the Professor looks to stand just under average height due to his slouched posture. He is rail thin and could very well blow away in the next gust of sea breeze by the looks of it. He has short black hair and coffee colored eyes. His black scholarly robes billow about him as if his body didn't exist underneath, the illusion of which is dissolved when his slight frame can be interpreted occasionally. His skin is loose in places, especially about the neck and face. His eyes are set deep in a well of dark circles and his skin is dark and blotchy in places. As he walks he heavily favors a silver handled black walking cane. Despite his obvious infirmity, his face is kind and rather friendly.