Back to Basics Chapter 1: Where are we ?

Rafael's and Skybolt's Online Campaign
Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

When Huln is walking to the village his foot hits something sticking out of the ground . It appears to be some kind of cylinder larger than a scroll case would be .
"Evil only endures when good people remain silent ."
Tony inspired by Thomas Jefferson .
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

As Sara is riding towards the village listens several women sobbing.

"I don't like that" Says to herself and rides even faster towards the village. In short distance from it spots a man with a walking cane. Sara doesn't want to scare the man so she puts her guns away asks:

"Hello, I think I'm lost. Mist get me here. Can you please tell me where I'm."

Noticing Huln's puzzled expression Sara says the same phrase in Vaasi.

Sara appears as a very young woman max 20 years, 5.8 height, dark brown hair combed as pony tail, green eyes. She has athletic body. She wears a leather armour, good quality black pants and a travelling black cloak. At her back is a scabbard of a rapier and at her belt has 2 guns.
Last edited by VAN on Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

Huln slowly lowers himself down to reach the object in the sand, his body aching as he does so, though not as much as it has in the past which alarms him for reasons unknown to him.
VAN wrote:"Hello, I think I'm lost. Mist get me here. Can you please tell me where I'm."
His face lights up a bit at being addressed. The young woman approaching him looks to be well armed and capable and though her dress would not be considered appropriate for any function in the Professors homeland, He is in dire need of answers. And home was a long way east of here as far as he was concerned.

"I apologize dear lady. I do not know the name of this village." He slowly raises his body up to a standing position.

"Could you do an old man a favor? I seem to have found what looks to be a case in the sand here. Could you pick it up for me? It may contain a clue as to where we are at present."

If the young woman approaches to lend a hand, Huln introduces himself as Professor Aumnoir and greets her in a warm and professional manner.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Sara dismounts deftly and introduces herself shaking the Professor's hand.

"Sara Kroft. I assume you have been lost as well, otherwise you wouldn't have asked for clues of where we are. From where the mists took you Professor? I was in Pont a Musu, in Richmulot."

Sara gets the item and looks at it closely, then hands it to Aumnoir.

"Here you are."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

The Professor smile warmly at Sara. "Thank you Ms. Croft. You assume correctly." A look of shame washes over his features momentarily before he continues. "It is with great shame that I must admit that I am currently at a loss whereto my present location is. I fear that I suffered quite a spell and do not remember how I arrived here." He smiles sadly. "The last instance I remember I was standing in the inn in which I had recently took in a temporary residence. That was in the city of Marsember. Surely it must not be far. Given my condition I simply cant get around as easily as I did in my youth.
"You say you are from the land of, pardon my pronunciation, Reeshmooloh? I am afraid that I do not know of this province, but I am from a land which greets the sun far to the east. Perhaps you have heard of Unther? Or perhaps Muhlran? The latter of which is where I hold office as an instructor." He gives an expression not entirely hopeful. It was not common to find westerners who knew of the great universities of his homeland.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"Suffered the effect of a spell you say? Weren't mists that got you Professor? You haven't noticed mists appear from nowhere, become thicker, surround you and then when cleared you find yourself here? Because this is what use to happen when someone find himself lost in a place without knowing how. I'm from Richmulot, not Resshmoloh. It's in Mainland. I have never heard Marsember or the other names you said despite I have studied geography a little. Are there in an island perhaps? I know more the Mainland's lands and only a few famous islands, as Paridon for example."
Last edited by VAN on Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
- W H A T ! ? !
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

The Professor's face screws up a little at the mention of the mists. "I do remember mists...I assumed those were a by-product of my condition, a hallucination. When I say spell, I was referring to a possible episodic occurrence brought on by my condition. Not a magical conjuring, I apologize for the confusion.
"So, these mists, you speak as if this is not an uncommon occurrence. I would like to learn more about them, but in due time.
"To answer your question, no, unfortunately my homeland is not that of an island.?"
Last edited by BigBadQDaddy on Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"Really strange you don't know the Mainland and you are not familiar with Mists. Not that I'm, but I have heard stories about them. They appear from nowhere as I told you and can transport you to another place. This thing happened to both of us. You were in an inn at your city where ever this is and I was on a street ready to fight a pack of wolves. In my case I was lucky because I have any chance with so many hungry wolves!"

Sara points him the item.

"So professor what is this?"
Last edited by VAN on Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:55 am, edited 3 times in total.
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Arnulf is really uncomfortable with Cob. He cringes when Lorna speaks with him and nearly jumps out of his pants when the bird speaks! When Cob does fly off, he speaks to Lorna "Lorna, that bird freaks me out, man! Whoever heard of a talking bird. And it is your friend? I think you need new friends to be honest. Holy crap, it's creepy to say the least. Wouldn't a dog be a better pet? Gives me the creeps. I almost unsheathed my blade and tried to skewer it for our supper. It really makes me uncomfortable. Keep that thing away from me."

Arnulf is telling this to Lorna as they walk along the trail.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Cob does not react well to this talk of skewering...

''Bad boy, bad boy!!! CAW-CAW!''

Dalorna frowns.

''You've hurt his feelings, Arnulf! Don't be mean to Cob. He's a very nice raven.''
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

"A nice raven? HE TALKS! What is normal about that! Whoever heard about a talking bird? That is so not normal! Keep it away from me!" Arnulf moves back from his sister, clearly afraid of the bird, breathing fast and hard.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

''Cob no like, Cob no like! Bad boy, bad boy! CAWW CAWWW!!!''

Cob is clearly agitated now, flapping his wings and making awful noises, half speaking and half croaking.

Dalorna, now very cross with her kid brother, loses her temper-

''Arnulf! Behave yourself! You are acting like such a little boy. What would Father think of you, afraid of a bird? ''
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

"HE IS NOT NORMAL. KEEP HIM AWAY FROM ME!" Arnulf now begins growling and stamping his feet, hands clutching and unclutching, moving to his scabbard and dagger. He spitts on the ground and seems to grow before his sister and her friend. Now he appears to be wild eyed and crazy!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Dalorna softens her tone-

''Arnulf, please calm down. You're getting angry because you are scared. There's no reason to be afraid of Cob, he won't hurt you. Would your friend, Master Threan, be afraid of a bird? I don't think so. Be like the gnome, Arnulf, be calm and keep your wits about you. I need you to just settle down, okay?''

Roofdrak
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Roofdrak »

Isidar is surprised by Arnulf's extreme reaction to the bird. She attempts to help Dalorna soothe the boy, "Truly, friend-Arnulf, the bird is quite helpful. He helped us quite a bit on our travels. See how he has pointed the way. Cob has saved us much time in sighting the village for us." Isidar walks to Dalorna's side, putting Dalorna between herself and Arnulf, so as to whisper in Dalorna's ear, "Is your brother well?"
RuthRogan, RuthRogan, she's as strong as a fightin' man!