Mists over the Musarde, Chapter Five

Online roleplaying at the Café
Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

Dorgio shakes his head. "No vomit, no foaming. That is good, I am thinking. But beyond that, I am not knowing what is wrong. Something has taken hold of him, made him spasm, that much is clear. Let us keep an eye on him, make sure he doesn't choke."
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Ottokar, kneeling on the ground beside Jon, says-

''After this fit passes- shall I take him inside the Moot-Hall? It may be that the wise-women or cunning-men have herbs that can help him.''
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Norzak actually looks worried for once. "Dorgio mebbe it be best if we git 'im into tha house? Can we move him?"
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Wat describes events to Alain-

''Alain, Dorgio says that Cirdan is dead! Ah, and Jon is sick, I think!''
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

"Cirdan's dead? Ah shit! I know we didn't get along but I guess he did what he did for his own reasons. Can't fault him for that I s'pose." He looks over at the dead half elf and sighs.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Ottokar says-

''Well, I am sorry to see him dead- but what choice did you have? A madman armed like that, and skilled in combat....he might have killed not just the boy, but other innocents as well.''

JMaytr
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by JMaytr »

"I just need to lay down. Please! get me to a bed."
"Seven Seals...Seven Rings...Seven Brides for the Scarlet King..."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

JMaytr wrote:"I just need to lay down. Please! get me to a bed."

Ottokar helps Jon to his feet.

''It is not your fault, boy. Do not feel bad- you only did what you had to do.''

steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

"Here let me help ye," Norzak offers, moving to Jon's other side and sliding his arm around the boys waist. Whether or not Ottokar is moving int he direction of the Moot House is pointless for Norzak. He begins heading that way with Jon. "Dun worry lad, we'll get yer all feelin better soon enough."
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

Bennedict comes walking out of the moothouse entrance, his pack slung onto a shoulder, with his gear stowed away. He barely offers Jon a glance as he walks past him, moving towards Dorgio and Cirdan's still form.

He pauses, dropping his pack near the half-elf's body. "He's dead then?" Benn asks, turning towards Dorgio. "I don't know what madness took him, or why that dreadful boy needed to egg him on into this violence, but he deserved better than this."

He looks up at the people of the moot. "I hope you are happy. This man risked his life and, it appears, lost his soul to rid you of the witch, Wolutha. Your thanks to him was to strike him down like a mad dog. You should be ashamed of yourselves."

He turns towards the woods. "Someone help me chop some wood for a pyre. I'll not have the Incabulites bringing Cirdan back as some undead horror to plague us along with everything else."
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Adam wrote:Bennedict comes walking out of the moothouse entrance, his pack slung onto a shoulder, with his gear stowed away. He barely offers Jon a glance as he walks past him, moving towards Dorgio and Cirdan's still form.

He pauses, dropping his pack near the half-elf's body. "He's dead then?" Benn asks, turning towards Dorgio. "I don't know what madness took him, or why that dreadful boy needed to egg him on into this violence, but he deserved better than this."

He looks up at the people of the moot. "I hope you are happy. This man risked his life and, it appears, lost his soul to rid you of the witch, Wolutha. Your thanks to him was to strike him down like a mad dog. You should be ashamed of yourselves."

He turns towards the woods. "Someone help me chop some wood for a pyre. I'll not have the Incabulites bringing Cirdan back as some undead horror to plague us along with everything else."
One of the men shouts at Benn-

''Strike him down? It was your friends that killed him. We only wanted him to go away! He was frightening us with his demon-voice and his mad acts. Do not dare blame us for his death, outlander!''

Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

Bennedict doesn't bother responding. He's had more than enough of these ignorant bumpkins already.

He stalks off towards the woods to gather lumber.
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

inside the hall
Once inside the Moot-house, the locals cluster around Jon. Someone finds the boy a cot and a blanket. A woman brings him a clay mug of berry-wine. A girl presses a damp cloth to Jon's brow. His pain subsides a little, but he's still very uncomfortable.

One of the local elders asks-

''Jon- why is the Boke-Man angry with us? We do not understand. Did he not see, did he not hear? We did not seek to slay the warrior- we only wished him to leave. He was demon-touched. He said so himself. His eyes, that awful voice! Will the Boke-Man curse us all, now?''

Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

"What else could we have done . He said he was going to kill the boy . I heard him with my own ears as he said it softly to the boy for only Jon to hear but I heard him . I was going do every thing in my power to stop a raving lunatic like him from killing the boy with out any proof of wrong doing on Jon's part . " Alain says to Wat in an side on hearing that Cirdan has been put down for good and is dead .
"Evil only endures when good people remain silent ."
Tony inspired by Thomas Jefferson .
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

outside

Wat replies to Alain-

''It is still very sad. Cirdan was our friend, before the evil spirits took his mind from him. Benn means to build him a pyre. I want to help, but first I will take you into the Moot-house to be with Jon and Norzak. Norzak is good- he will help you while I am gone.''