Mists over the Musarde, Interlude Four

Online roleplaying at the Café
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Mists over the Musarde, Interlude Four

Post by ewancummins »

Wat's cabin, the morning after the last battle with Wolutha-

Wat, still limping from his near-death experince and injuries, fixes a breakfast of quail eggs, bacon, and greens.

He addresses his guests-

''Friends, will you be staying here with me, or returning to the Moot?''
Last edited by ewancummins on Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
JMaytr
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by JMaytr »

"I am very weak from our fight with the Witch. I'd like to rest a little more. Perhaps then my health will be better."
"Seven Seals...Seven Rings...Seven Brides for the Scarlet King..."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Wat replies-

''You are welcome to stay here as long as you like, Jon. Indeed, all of you are welcome to stay, friends.''

Wat then spends a moment staring at Cirdan, who has slept in his armor.

Amazing! Of course he is tired, but how can he sleep in that suit of metal? He must have sores forming on his backside. The smell....ugh.
Last edited by ewancummins on Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:02 am, edited 4 times in total.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

Bennedict looks up from the leatherbound tome discovered in the witch's castle.

"We'll need to be back to the moot house sometime soon. We promised to meet the Tinkers in about one more day's time. They..." he hesitates, his mouth turning in distaste, "...won't be happy we're showing up without Van Deicks. But, its better we arrive empty handed than not show up at all."
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

"I would have to agree with you on that Benn ." Alain puts in his two cent to the discussion what to do .
"Evil only endures when good people remain silent ."
Tony inspired by Thomas Jefferson .
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

Would somebody please be so friendly and help me out of the armor?

It's kinda... Hot.

JMaytr
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by JMaytr »

After Wat tells Jonathan that he is welcome to stay, the boy moves to a cot and removes his shirt. Terrible burns cover the boys body and there is a spot on his back that is black and blue, approximately the size of a buckler. Jonathan crawls into the cot making audible noises of pain and discomfort. With a succession of short, laborious breaths the boy closes his eyes.
"Seven Seals...Seven Rings...Seven Brides for the Scarlet King..."
Le Noir Faineant

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

"No, seriously. Anyone help? - It seems that the joints of my armor have melted, and I can't move an inch."
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

Bennedict stands, aiding Cirdan in removing his armor piece by melted piece.
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Norzak, seeing as Cirdan is okay with Benn, goes over to Jon. "Ye be okay, laddie? Yer body looks real bad. Mebbe Dorgio kin help ye some more or Benn," the dwarf says with some concern.

Looking over in Dorgio's direction, he calls out. "Ay Dorgio, kin ye help with the lads bruises and burns? Or ye all outta spells?"
Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

Dorgio attends to Jon, Cirdan, Wat, and whomever else needs healing with what divine power remains in him.

"I too am agreeing with Benn. And Van Diecks, if he is still alive, may be striking at the Moot House again."
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

"As for you, Wat, I would rest easier if you came with us. I don't like the idea of leaving you alone while that murderer is unaccounted for."

He gestures towards the book.

"I can't make heads or tails of that book. I believe it may have been Wolutha's book of spells, and if so it's of no use to me or anyone not trained as a wizard. Norzak, I've yet to see you use a spell-book. Will it do you any good? Or should I just hold onto it and we can look for a buyer once we reach Pont-Au-Museau?"
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

"Hmm I dunno, Benn. I jess get me spells in tha mornin. I never did read
no spellbook. Maybe I could read this one? Lemme have a looksee." Norzak moves over to where Benn is and holds the old book, then opens it, trying to make heads or tails of it.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Wat says-

''I would like to come with you, but I want to rest for one more night. I nearly died at the Keep. And the boy not yet fully recovered. Besides, even if we left now, we would not make it to the Moot ground until tomorrow night. The Tinkers, they come and go sometimes, but I expect that they will be at the Moot for the final night's celebration, which is in five days' time. They always show up for that- it is the height of the Moot. While we rest, some of us can search for Van Diecks. If we catch him, won't that be better than showing up empty handed? I suspect he might be lurking nearby, watching us. You fellows took his knife and his ...ummm...what are those things called, Alain? ''

Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

"Their called pistols . And they dangerous to use by those untrained in them . " Alain answering Wat's question ."Yes I had just got a good pair them and not really used them when I was blinded by the bitch . "Alain muttering to himself .
"Evil only endures when good people remain silent ."
Tony inspired by Thomas Jefferson .