Realms of Dread, Chapter Four

Rafael's and Skybolt's Online Campaign
Ken of Ghastria
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by Ken of Ghastria »

Blaise can't hide the look of disdain on his face when he sees Threan enter. With a wry grin, he says offhandedly, "Debris blown in by winds astray / what do my wand'ring eyes betray?"

He looks at Rask. "We're heading over to the orphanage, Captain."
"There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."
--W. Somerset Maugham
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Jamethon heads out the door.

Rask says-

''Good luck, men.''
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Looking up at her tutor, the elf says "Yes. I would actually like to get some han's on experience, if'n ye get me meanin', sir. Ye be knowin' well that practice makes perfect. An that speech tutor is helpin some, but hard habits is hard to break, it seems."
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

"At once!"

Shana will head briskly for the Militia building, despite her private reservations aas to whether they can do any good. On the way, she glances at the senior of the three priests

"Have you had a priestess leave you lately?"
Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

"I'm wondering if you had heard that Ino has payed her fine and has her stuff back . I came by to inform you of that and I was curious as to were they are about to go off to as a concerned citizen of this fine city . And could you use me or my brother's assistance in such matter as it were . Ino is helping us by working in shop on some magic items since we just got a commission on some to be done . But I'm sure that I could help if it is with in my area of expertize . " Threan Says in reply to Rask question .
"Evil only endures when good people remain silent ."
Tony inspired by Thomas Jefferson .
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

kintire wrote:"At once!"

Shana will head briskly for the Militia building, despite her private reservations aas to whether they can do any good. On the way, she glances at the senior of the three priests

"Have you had a priestess leave you lately?"
Then senior cleric confers with his two comrades for a few minutes, discussing recent comings and goings, then offers-

''I'm not aware of anyone leaving, no. Although....
There is a foreign elf-woman who showed up recently. She presented herself as a cleric of Lathander, and seemed to know our rituals and ways very well. None of us saw her at the dawn ceremony, or at any other time since yesterday. I don't know anything else about her, really.''
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Lord Skybolt wrote:"I'm wondering if you had heard that Ino has payed her fine and has her stuff back . I came by to inform you of that and I was curious as to were they are about to go off to as a concerned citizen of this fine city . And could you use me or my brother's assistance in such matter as it were . Ino is helping us by working in shop on some magic items since we just got a commission on some to be done . But I'm sure that I could help if it is with in my area of expertize . " Threan Says in reply to Rask question .
''You have to take that up with Lieutenant Guischard.''

kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Shana frowns

"Scouting out the temple? has to be a prime suspect. If you have anyone who saw her I'm sure a description would help the militia"

Shana continues heading to Militia HQ to report.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

kintire wrote:Shana frowns

"Scouting out the temple? has to be a prime suspect. If you have anyone who saw her I'm sure a description would help the militia"

Shana continues heading to Militia HQ to report.
The senior cleric again confers with his helpers.

''Shana, I'm sending Dawnbringer Authum back to get the elf woman's name from the temple's guest-book. He will also round up anyone who was in close contact with her, in order to get the best possible description of her. He'll meet us at the militia-house.''

Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

"Where did he go so I can inform him of the news my self then ?" Threan asks .
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Lord Skybolt wrote:"Where did he go so I can inform him of the news my self then ?" Threan asks .
''You just missed him; he walked out with Sergeant Moorkroft and Blaise Redman.''

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

in a certain building, somewhere in the city....

Vakros hands Narisa a sack. Inside, Narisa finds dozens of shiny black onyxes.

''I am well pleased with your performance. Now we shall see your new powers at work. Tonight, my pupil, you will create your first undead. These will be your slaves, to do with as you like.''

Vakros takes Narisa into a large, dimly lit brick chamber. The air reeks of smoke and decay. The room contains numerous dead bodies: men, women, children- all in various stages of decay. Many are partially burned.

''The leavings of the Great Fire, and some more recent material. Take your pick. The animation will take place not here, but in our inner shrine- where you will perform a ritual to charge the room with negative energy. Your creations will be more powerful- and more numerous, that way. ''

Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

"I will go and catch up to them then . Were did you say they were headed any way ?" Threan takes his leave after getting an a answer .
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Shana arrives at Militia headquarters looking grave, and asks for Captain Rask as a matter of urgency
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Rask's office, before Shana arrives
Lord Skybolt wrote:
"I will go and catch up to them then . Were did you say they were headed any way ?" Threan takes his leave after getting an a answer .

Rask said only-

''They are working. It's not the smuggling case, so you don't have to feel obligated to help, Master Threan. If you want details on this case...you'd better use that fabled speed of yours and catch the team in the street. I am leaving any information sharing with you entirely up to LT Alain Guischard, at least for now. Excuse me, but I am very busy. Good day to you, sir.''

Rask's office , thirty minutes after Threan leaves

''Ah, a pleasure to see you again, Shana. What's wrong- you look upset?''