The Fall of House Pancrazio Chapter Three

Online roleplaying at the Café
Griselda
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Griselda »

Goran is right -- wherever he's been left him in need of a clean-up, but his smile seems pleasant. How long has it been since a man remotely her own age was kind to her? Her answering smile appears shyly, but sweet. His remark, however intended, reminds her that he is very far out of her star, and she drops her gaze from his, her smile fading some. Still she lets Goran's hand close over hers and steps down.

Aware of how things might look to Roderigo and Gianna (or Emilio, for that matter) if she and Goran are seen standing by the carriage hand in hand, whatever the reason, Agna tries to figure out a way to gracefully extricate her hand from his. He doesn't seem ready to give it back, though. "Sir, please, I should...." and tries to exert a little withdrawal pressure with her hand and a meaningful glance.
PathOfDreams
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by PathOfDreams »

The slight withdrawl of Agna's hand is met with a firm hold to the back of it; a sense of urgency is shown in his gaze.

The woodsman places the tusk dagger in the palm of her hand, folding her fingers around it's short wooden handle. The smooth feel of the wood is a result of years of continual use.

His tone drops to a whisper that may barely be heard, "Tomorrow night is the dinner party for the lord of this land, and other than cooking and cleaning I am not sure what else you may be called upon to do. I want you to keep this on you for the time being. Next time you are happened upon it may not be the dirty face of a friend. It is meant only for stabbing and is small enough for you to conceal and wield easily. Just in case, do you understand?"
The Fall of House Pancrazio
Goran Pancrazio - http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.p ... tid=165152
Ghosts of Gauntcliff
Petrie MacLugash - http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.p ... tid=339286
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Tristan's room

Tristan nods as Tahl describes his own readiness to defend the house- and maybe stomp some goons.

'' I think that we ought to coordinate with Goran about security. Seems to me that he'd listen to us, and probably have some good ideas of his own. ''
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

"Yes I agree . He seems like some one who would understand are concerns about securing the household from intruders of types . "Tahl answers Tristan then eats chews on some more of the dried fruit .
"Evil only endures when good people remain silent ."
Tony inspired by Thomas Jefferson .
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Tristan pulls on his boots.
He retrieves a sausage link from his haversack and feeds it to Elsie.

''Good girl, good girl.''

Looking back to Tahl, he says-

''Well, let's go find Goran and bring him in on the planning. We can all eat a little sit-down meal, too. ''
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

"Yes I think that would be a good idea . " And with that Tahl goes along with Tristan to find Goran .
JMaytr
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by JMaytr »

OUTSIDE PANCRAZIO MANOR-

Tahl goes out into the night to find Goran and bring the ranger in on he and the hounds mans plans. Walking up to the manor the elf sees the family carriage and Emilio, Agna, and Goran. The pair are whispering closely to each other and they appear to be holding hands.

Going up to the pair, Tahl is struck by the sudden noise of what sounds like a scream mixed with a musical note. The sound is faint but it appears to be coming from the direction of the library and Tahl is sure of hearing it.
"Seven Seals...Seven Rings...Seven Brides for the Scarlet King..."
Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

"Hey, I heard something from the library that sounded like a scream . Who is going with me to see what's it is ?" Tahl blurts out to Goran, Tristan and Agna .
PathOfDreams
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by PathOfDreams »

"I'm right behind you Tahl." Goran promptly answers the elf's inquiry as he lets go of Agna's hand. He reaches to her chin and gently raises her head so she may look Goran in the eyes.

Again in a gentler voice he addresses Agna "Do you see what I mean. There are obviously things going on which we do not fully understand. Keep that tusk close to you as I have said." He swings away from the house girl and qickly follows Tahl into the Manor.
The Fall of House Pancrazio
Goran Pancrazio - http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.p ... tid=165152
Ghosts of Gauntcliff
Petrie MacLugash - http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.p ... tid=339286
Griselda
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Griselda »

Agna's eyes widen as Goran slips the tusk-dagger into her hand and closes her fingers around it. As he instructs her in its use, she cannot help thinking, What comfort will that be when I'm whipped or hanged for not playing nicely, especially with Lord Dilisnya? That Goran, the only person Magenta didn't threaten her about, is worried for her is somewhat reassuring in its own way, though. Tuke had taught her much about concealing and using a dagger not long after his arrival, with much the same reasoning in mind. She nods in answer to Goran's question, her expression serious.

Just then, she hears Tahl's voice -- something about a scream in the library?! Before she can speak, Goran gently tips her chin up so that she may meet his eyes. For the most fleeting moment, Agna wonders what he sees when he looks at her. "I will," she answers, and she means every word.

Agna quickly folds her hand and the dagger close to her body, concealing everything with parcels, and starts walking briskly toward the house.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Tristan doesn't waste breath on words, but hustles into the house behind Tahl.

Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

Tahl leads the others to where he heard the scream come from(the library) .
JMaytr
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by JMaytr »

UPSTAIRS IN PANCRAZIO MANOR-

Roderigo stares hard at Harold as the older man delivers his grim news.

"An army of the undead? How is such a thing possible? The gems made the things you say? Well, any remaining gems should be brought to me at once. They were found in the manor so they are Pancrazio property."

Roderigo has visibly paled by the news. He takes his seat and is obviously trembling.

IN THE LIBRARY-

Tristan, Tahl, Goran and Agna rush towards the sounds of the screams. Entering the library the group finds the many shelved room eerily silent. Quickly looking about the unmolested room Tahl notices something before the others; Sebastian has collapsed to the floor beneath a large desk. Many books detailing the history and Nobility of Borca lye about the desk with cramped notes in their margins.

As Tahl checks on the cleric he finds the Pancrazio man barely breathing with blood pooled and sticky around Sebastian's ears.

END OF CHAPTER
"Seven Seals...Seven Rings...Seven Brides for the Scarlet King..."