Realms of Dread Chapter Two

Rafael's and Skybolt's Online Campaign
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

As walking Inovidil suddenly stops and looks back.

"Threen, where is he? He said that he wanted to a do a scouting but he never returned. We cannot leave him behind. I say go and find him."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Blackpillars-

Ironheart nods his assent and falls in beside Ino without a word.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Rardi soon realises that noone is coming out and heads back in. She soon discovers that they are looking for Threan. "Let's make it snappy. Wanna git us outta 'ere afore we git inta more shenanigans. So, he's lookin aroun the bastard's home? Threan seems to know more aboot them Illithids then we all do, and was really glad to make a point of it earlier. So I dun know bout no land octopus with two legs n two arms. We did what we thought was right, an noone gonna make me say different.

Now, can we trust this Threan to not say anything? Otherwise it might cause us problems. Ideas a fore we go look fer 'im? Cause a Mr Know it all ain very high up in me book.""
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"Personally I trust him, he has joined and helped us when he could very well leave...Lets check the house and find him."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Blackpillars

Ironheart enters the house and begins looking about for some sign of Threan. He is joined in this effort by Inovidil.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

BigBadQDaddy wrote:the Old Shell-

Alain smiles and wishes Jamethon a good evening, saying that he plans on waiting up for the others and being far too excited over the prospects of Lantan to sleep just yet.

He orders another mulled wine, casting his eyes about the inn's common area occasionally looking to the door in anticipation.

Feeling the mild euphoria that comes with drinking, he smiles and idly passes time by shooting random questions at the person handling the bar.
The young man tending bar is Alain's only company, as it is well into the wee hours of the morning. The bartender keeps his voice low, so as not to disturb the handful of guests sleeping on wooden benches in the rear of the common room.

''Waiting on someone, good sir?''

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Blackpillars-

While searching the first floor of Blackpillars, Rardi finds an open window in one of the side rooms to the left of the main hall. The window opens onto a modest sized truck garden surrounded by a low stone wall. Looking out it, she can see that the small iron gate of the garden wall is open, swinging in the breeze.

kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Shana follows Rardi, looking around for the Gnome, but the reaction from the nights events is setting in, and she seems slightly dazed

[Yes, we won't be bothering to post that Search check. lets just say I think I found the house...]
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Inovidil follows as well the 2 women.
- W H A T ! ? !
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

ewancummins wrote: The young man tending bar is Alain's only company, as it is well into the wee hours of the morning. The bartender keeps his voice low, so as not to disturb the handful of guests sleeping on wooden benches in the rear of the common room.

''Waiting on someone, good sir?''
"Yes. Yes I am. A few people actually. If it wasn't for the blasted fog, I would probably have gone looking for them by now."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

The Old Shell
BigBadQDaddy wrote:
"Yes. Yes I am. A few people actually. If it wasn't for the blasted fog, I would probably have gone looking for them by now."

The youthful bartender nods in agreement. He goes on to say-

''It is probably for the best that you aren't wandering the streets at this hour, friend. There are strange things going on in town, ever since those child-demons attacked. People have been disappearing- more people than usual, I mean. The Watch hasn't said much, but they are busy questioning folks, making arrests at night, stuff like that. I think that something big is going on, hidden from the public. I dunno..maybe thay are just getting ready for the Regent's visit next week. ''

Ken of Ghastria
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by Ken of Ghastria »

VAN wrote:Inovidil follows as well the 2 women.
Blaise follows as well, muttering, "Why does it have to be a gnome who goes missing? Why not someone tall, like Ironheart ... easier to spot over the bushes..."
"There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."
--W. Somerset Maugham
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Ken of Ghastria wrote:
VAN wrote:Inovidil follows as well the 2 women.
Blaise follows as well, muttering, "Why does it have to be a gnome who goes missing? Why not someone tall, like Ironheart ... easier to spot over the bushes..."
As Blaise trails along behind the women, he becomes aware of a scratching noise coming from someplace near to himself [inside the house, in the hall leading to the room with the open window]. It's coming from a section of wall that's covered with a rectangular section of fading, peeling wallpaper, which measures about two feet by four feet. The paper is dirty white, and so doesn't match the dark green covering over most of the rest of the interior walls.

Ken of Ghastria
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by Ken of Ghastria »

"Wait a moment," Blaise says, looking at the wall. "I heard something behind this wall...." He pulls out his dagger and repeatedly hits the pommel against the section of the wall that looks different, trying to determine whether there are any hollow spots.
"There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."
--W. Somerset Maugham
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

ewancummins wrote:The Old Shell

''It is probably for the best that you aren't wandering the streets at this hour, friend. There are strange things going on in town, ever since those child-demons attacked. People have been disappearing- more people than usual, I mean. The Watch hasn't said much, but they are busy questioning folks, making arrests at night, stuff like that. I think that something big is going on, hidden from the public. I dunno..maybe thay are just getting ready for the Regent's visit next week. ''
"Child-Demons?" Alain says in a questioning reply. "What of theses creatures can you tell me?"