Kartakass: Interlude in Martira Bay

Online roleplaying at the Café
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Van hasn't time to ask why William was there and what they went at Weathermay's house. Rizzin's new message put all his questions on hold. He just thanks the twins and says that he hopes to see them in another occasion.

The wizard has hard time following Lucius through Martira Bay's streets. Of course he can understand why his friend is so eager to go the Tin Tankard. Once there he smiles when he sees both his friends healthy.

"Glad to see you that you are goo too my friends!"

Van cannot manage to help his laugh when Garn says that they will drink with dwarves!

"Bring the best beer you have then Garn, I know that there is no better beer than the one made by dwarves!"
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

Greeting the others warmly enough the old sailor masks his feelings of letting the Weathermay's down. The only plausible conclusion was that he did nothing to hide his trail and mislead others as to where he was going. Lesson one failed.

Finding a seat, he leaves the Dwarvish ale sitting before himself as he slips into idle conversation, hoping the others don't bring up his previous whereabouts in such a public setting. He doesn't know how he would react to allowing his new mentors location to be compromised.

Waiving down a Dwarvish barmaid, William asks for a glass of water to which he receives a look wrought with such misunderstanding it is enough to turn ones hair curly. Fortunately for William, his already is.
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Martira Bay
Merchants Quarter

The dark elf took her time, walking through the streets. She kept her ears and eyes open. She moved closer towards the richer district, hoping to see if her father had any new information or knew the whereabouts of her new companions. Moving to a dark alley, she stops and frowns. That little sneak! I knew he was around. Father keeps him busy, that's for sure!

Looking up at the roof she grins. Keeping to the shadows, she removes a wand from her bag and activates it, disappearing from view. She knew that wouldn't deter Rizzen, as her father always took such precautions, the party pooper! She then climbs the wall with ease and stands on the roof, looking in the familiars direction. "All right, you. I know you're here and I need to find the others. I have a treat for you if you tell me where everyone is."

From her bag, she removes a package and waves it in the familiars direction. Rizzen flies forward, landing near Del. Though he was Jacob'd familiar, Del was his favorite person by far. Treat first, location after, mistress Delsenora.

She smiles and places the package on the rooftop, not straying from her position. "Come and get it, you silly dragon." The tiny dragin knew he would get the treat no matter what and moves to stand over the package.
Very well. They are at the Tin Tankard, mistress. Thank you for the treat. The tiny dragon grabs the package in its maw and flies off into the afternoon.

Delsenora accepts the information. She knew of the dwarvish place and had been there on more than one occasion. Garn was a very good source of information and a good friend as well. He was one of the few people in Martira Bay to know of her existence and her actual heritage. Most knew her as an elf, thanks in part to an item she'd acquired for services rendered.

Moving to the edge of the rooftop, she merely concentrates and levitates down to the ground in the dark alley. Soon she is on her way and within fifteen minutes is at the door of the Tin Tankard. Pushing through, she looks around. She recognizes a few dwarves and of course, sees her friend Garn tending to the party. This was a perfect place to talk discreetly. The last person to mess with these dwarves lived to regret it.

She move forward and slips begind the unknowing Garn, silent or so she thinks. "I hope ye enjoy the grub, tis a specialty me ma teached me. And as for you, ye sneakin thief, I got me a mind ta bend ye o'er me knee an spank ye fer trying ta skeer me, Del!" He turns around and grabs the drowess by the arms, hugging her. "Ye dolt, ye should come more often. Now, I be thinkin ye ain here at this time o day fer yer health. Let's walk."

Del waves to the others and stops Garn. "Well actually I know these people, Garn. That's why we're here, actually. We need to be in a safe place and be able to discuss freely with no worry of the wrong ears hearing us. Can we use the room downstairs?"

The dwarf nods even as his eyes narrow. "Ye got me word, none will hear yer words below. Lemme make sure ye ain disturbed." He walks back to the kitchen, and emerges with three dwarves. Two head to the front of the place and exit the pub. The third moves towards a door near the back. He opens it and beckons to everyone to pass through the door.

"It's ok" Delsenora tells everyone "It leads to a room we can talk freely, I assure. It is protected by magicks so noone can eavesdrop." She moves towards the doorway and descends the stairs.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Van nods to Del but at the same time frowns with all this secrecy. But decides to not say anything till go downstairs. The wizard feels that the drow has important things to tell them.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
A G Thing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Location: Currently the Frozen Wastes of Mount Pleasant Michigan

Post by A G Thing »

Watching for the others she is suprised but not wholely by Lucius worry and relief. She tried to rise but he got to her and the most she could do is lean in as he held her.

"Deari, my love, Rizzen said you were being followed, are you alright? Has anyone hurt you?"

"I am fine Lucius... Cornelius, Hobert, and I are all safe." She smiles comfortingly at him and is sure he is calming some as he is beginning to look around some.

It's then that he notices Cornelius and blushes.
"Oh, hello Cornelius. Sorry, I hope you understand my..."

Deari greets both Van and William getting up to smile at them and pat their shoulder as she asks if they are fine. She watches the others but mostly pays attention to Lucius as he speaks to the others and even comforts Hobert bringing a wag to his tail as he offers for her to take the him hunting. He would enjoy it a whole lot and she pets him as well brushing Lucius hand as she does...

He then sits by Deari and speaks to her alone
"I was worried about you. After you told me last night you had something important to tell me, I've been wondering for long what it might be. And when Rizzen spoke to me, I was anxious to know about you. Did you know of this already, or is it something else? Could it be that Hobert smelled someone spying on us last night, and not just an animal as we thought?"

The questions crowded in his mouth to get out, but he kept them for himself. He had asked plenty of them already, and looked at Deari beseechingly.

She leans to him some and looks in his eyes. "Lucius, what we have to speak of is not about this. I did perhaps have a suspicion of someone following us the other night, but I brushed it off... As for what I have to tell you, I think will now have to wait yet again, but perhaps when we are alone again. So for now let us handle this and I will tell you tonight I promise." Her look goes from a slight tenseness to smiling and she bends across the table and gives him a kiss. Once they part she stays close and with a slight glance to the others she motions that they should rejoin them as Delsenora has arrived and there seems to be something going on...
Ail
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ail »

Lucius is somewhat relieved with Deari's words, knowing that nothing bad has befallen her. But learning that what she has to tell him is something of another nature only means this whole business is yet a new problem they have to deal with.

"It's ok, I'll wait then." They rise to go with Del and the rest of the group to the safe room and while they enter he asks at Deari's ear

"So, how was it with my mother this morning? Did you two get along? You can tell me all the details later, though..."
Zumba d'Oxossi (A Stitch in Souragne)
Brother Eustace (The Devil's Dreams)
Robert de Moureaux (A New Barovia)
A G Thing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by A G Thing »

Deari walks over with Lucius, and Hobert smiles a little bit at the question... "We had a good if somewhat rushed time together, and I think we will have to do it again... If we can safely!"

She lessens the smile a little bit, but she continues with a happy if more focused tone in her voice... "For now just let me say that your mother truly is a remarkable person!"

She gives him a slight kiss on the cheek and turns to listen to what is going on with the others as she holds his hand.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Cornelius chuckles to see Lucius and Deari interacting as they are.

''Well, unless you two need to get a room, maybe we all ought to discuss matters of import, eh?''
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
Ail
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ail »

Lucius is at first surprised by Cornelius' comment, but as he looks at the dwarf he understands he said it in a teasing tone, and not in a gruff manner.
Sitting, he simply says

"No, Cornelius, we do not need a room. I am worried enough with even more things than you know of, and in no mood for dilly-dallying or pleasantries. I'm just happy to find everyone safe and sound here."

Holding Deari's hand under the table, he waits until everybody is seated and then says

"So, who will begin the meeting? Looks like we are not as safe nor should be as careless as we thought at first, here in Martira Bay..."

(edited: at first, I thought Cornelius had made a really harsh remark and Lucius's answer was equally cold. Then I noticed that 'chuckle' has quite a different meaning and had to edit accordingly... I'm beginning to use the dictionary more and more as this game goes on! :P )
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

Williams brow tightens when Lucius makes his statement.

"What is the reason? Did someone follow us from Kartakass?"
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Delsenora looks at Lucius. "I guess I'll start, since I have the most information." She says this with a straight face, sure of herself, not insulting in any way to any of you all.

"Okay as for William's question, the answer is no. There are two groups I know of that are interested in you. One has followed you from Barovia. Their leader is a woman who has an affinity with scarves. They were hired by some very important person there.

The other group is called the Kargat. They are rumored to be King Azalin's secret police, though it isn't much of a rumor if you ask me. I've had a few runins with them if only because they like to show themselves more important than they are. The thing I don't like about them is many are either Vampires or Lycanthropes."

She stops a moment. This gives time to you all to assimilate the information, then adds. "And this woman was very interested in a book about some Dilisnya family? I have no idea who they are but if she is interested in that as much as you, she might have a hidden agenda from her actual employer. That's what I've learned thus far. I suggest we do not move around unless we are accompanied."

She moves to sit next to Cornelius. Looking at him she says "I'll stick with Cornelius" and winks before turning her attention to the others.
A G Thing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by A G Thing »

After hearing what Delsenora says about the Kargat, and the inclusion of vampires so casually into their ranks, Deari takes the lead to speak to them...

"Me and Cornelius were able to find something quite disturbing, when we went to gather my equipment. It seems that they have been watching Lucius's parents home where we are staying, and Hobert found an unnatural scent, and to which he described that it frightened him. It led all the way back to the graveyard. There were several heavy foot prints, but the unnatural ones were lighter that the others. Does any of this tell any of you anything? I don't know much about the undead, but rumor and folktales... The idea of such a thing as a Vampire watching family and friends is very troubling to me..."

She grasps Lucius hand and wonders to herself if they might have to leave his home to protect his parents. Still she waits to see if the others have any suggestions...
Ail
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ail »

Lucius looks down as Del speaks. The idea of leaving his parents' home had crossed his mind before, but now that it apparently was under surveillance of foul beings the matter became more urgent. He still wouldn't want to tell them the true reason, of course.

But the worst part was all the rest. Kargat! An ominous name, to be sure. And some group from Barovia... again Barovia!

"I am surprised that these groups are after us, especially that one from Barovia. Looking for a book, you say? The only 'important' book we have does not concern a Dilisnya family. This is all very strange.

Have you any idea how long have we been followed? Since we arrived to Martira Bay, or even before? Can any of your contacts, Del, find what their interest in us is?"

Then addressing everyone

"This is all very disturbing, but I have things to do before we are contacted from the Order again. I do not intend to sit in hiding until it is time to go. What about you? Should we try to lodge all together? Should we establish regular meetings of the whole group?"
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Van frowns at the news.

"Well, at tthe graveyard can be Zombies, Skeletons, Ghouls, Wights, that kind of thing. As about the Family Dilisnya is originally from Barovia but some are now elesewhere in the core. Officially there are no remaining family in Barovia. So there must be another reason for this woman wanting that book. Any thoughts?"
- W H A T ! ? !
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Cornelius responds-

'Yes- I think we need to leave good old Darkon for a spell. Travelling down to Barovia, as dengerous as it may be for us, may be the best option. If that relic remains in Krezk, we may be able to cure Lucius' condition. With luck, the move may even frustrate those trailing us, although I don't hold my breath for such a happening. ''
Last edited by ewancummins on Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)