The Unsettled House: OOC Thread

Online roleplaying at the Café
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

The Unsettled House: OOC Thread

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

Please place all -- or at least the most of the -- OOC comments here. ^^ If you want to make OOC comments to describe your IC actions, feel free to do so in the IC thread. But please :
1) Mark them clearly as being OOC,
2) Put them at the end of your post, and
3) Colour them red for distinction!

The management thanks you for your cooperation! ^^
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Our cast of PCs:

Baron Zamedi -- Paul Bentley -- Monk 2 -- character sheet completed: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.p ... tid=124137

The Giamarga -- Francois Dulapont -- Aristocrat 1/Swashbuckler 1 -- character sheet completed: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.p ... tid=125288

Marcon -- Samuel Pontbriand -- Bard 2 -- character sheet completed: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.p ... tid=125183

InVinoVeritas -- 'the great swami Ranjan' -- Spellthief 1/Wu Jen 1 -- character sheet completed: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.p ... tid=124460

Igor the Henchman -- Brida Schreivogel -- Fighter 2 -- character sheet completed: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.p ... tid=125301
The Giamarga
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Giamarga »

My charsheet is not quite complete. Amazinlgy I still have some left over gold to play with. Go Aristocrat level :-) :lucas:
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

'Look for
the silver lining
whenever skies
are grey ...'
;)
InVinoVeritas
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by InVinoVeritas »

Spell List:

Night Haunt: Prestidigitation, Dancing Lights, Unseen Servant
Level 0: Ray of Frost, Ghost Sound, Flare
Level 1: Ghost Light, Fiery Eyes
The Giamarga
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Giamarga »

So about Francois' relation to the Dulaponts. How old are the two cousins approximately anyways? Being a cousin once removed would mean that Francois is either a generation older or younger than his cousins. He's 18, so does that work? Who is the common ancestor ? In the bio I wrote he's a second cousin but he should probably be a first cousin. Having the same last name also means that they trace their line through a (great or great-great) uncle iiur, which then would have been the husband of "The Old Mistress". She would then be Francois' great aunt, right? And of the same generation as Francois' late grandfather whom he inherited the rapier from. What's the name of the Old Mistress again? And the name of her late husband ? How did he die ? (I rolled a few skill checks in the IC thread, but if you require more checks let me know.)

BTW i assume Francois' mother, who is a rumormonger par excellence, did not yet hear of the Dulaponts hiring ghostbusters., but that she heard of the general decline and also wanted to get rid of her son for a few days. Or perhaps she did know?
The Giamarga
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Giamarga »

Thanks for the ansers in the pm, Rock. I made some adjustments to my sheet. (Francois is 19 now.)

@Rock: Do you allow the Unearthed Arcana variants available on d20srd.org allowed? I.e. traits, flaws, variant classes ?

@Zamedi: As we play 3.5 Weapon Finesse applies to all light weapons. You don't have to list unarmed specifically. Also do you know Bartitsu, the Gentlemanly Art of Self Defence ? Here's a documentary movie about it. And be sure to check out the essays by Barton Wright linked on the wikipedia article), if only for the fotos of fine english gentlemen practicing effectively jujitsu. I always found it a great inspiration for envisioning/fleshing out the Paridonian Divinity of Mankind. BTW what does Paul wear when he doesn't wear his "uniform"? How does a celebrants uniform look like anyways?

@Marcand: Samuel just screams Bardic Sage to me. Did you think about using that variant class? Also what does he look like? What does he wear ? (Incidentally you forgot to buy/list an outfit on the sheet)
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Sorry, guys: no Unearthed Arcana variant classes.

Also, Giamarga? The Lock & Key's true nature is a very carefully guarded secret. I don't think anyone outside the group knows, or their reputation would be shot, and they'd either be run out of town or forced to accept human 'liaisons' (read: 'taskmasters').
Marcon
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Marcon »

The Giamarga wrote: @Marcand: Samuel just screams Bardic Sage to me. Did you think about using that variant class? Also what does he look like? What does he wear ? (Incidentally you forgot to buy/list an outfit on the sheet)
I didn't see Unearthed Arcana in the list of allowed books and seeing that I had already tried my luck with the Pathfinder Bard, I didn't push it with Rock. :wink:

My outfit is just plain Standard Richemuloise stuff, my character being a native and not in any weird organization. No physical trait worthy of mention, apart from being handsome of course. :wink:

-Marcon
The Giamarga
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Giamarga »

Rock wrote:Sorry, guys: no Unearthed Arcana variant classes.
Allright.
Also, Giamarga? The Lock & Key's true nature is a very carefully guarded secret. I don't think anyone outside the group knows, or their reputation would be shot, and they'd either be run out of town or forced to accept human 'liaisons' (read: 'taskmasters').
Really ? Then i misremembered the sidebar in Gaz3. I thought they were completely open about it. I'll edit the post accordingly. Sorry about that.
Last edited by The Giamarga on Mon May 18, 2009 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Baron Zamedi
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Baron Zamedi »

As we play 3.5 Weapon Finesse applies to all light weapons. You don't have to list unarmed specifically.
Oops, my bad, I'll fix that right away. :oops:
Also do you know Bartitsu, the Gentlemanly Art of Self Defence ? Here's a documentary movie about it. And be sure to check out the essays by Barton Wright linked on the wikipedia article), if only for the fotos of fine english gentlemen practicing effectively jujitsu. I always found it a great inspiration for envisioning/fleshing out the Paridonian Divinity of Mankind.
Yeah, Im well aware about Bartitsu and I too find it very inspirational for the DoM monks, in fact I think I'll describe Paul's fighting style as a mix of bartitsu and box/kickboxing.
BTW what does Paul wear when he doesn't wear his "uniform"? How does a celebrants uniform look like anyways?
Because of crappy monk's starting cash he doesn't really weare enything else. :P But I imagine something along the lines of a white high collar shirt with black pants and a black waistcoat, you know, very classy. 8)
About the celebrants "uniform" it's just like I described it in that post according to the "Fraternity's Survey of the Zherisian Expedition" netbook.
I didn't see Unearthed Arcana in the list of allowed books and seeing that I had already tried my luck with the Pathfinder Bard, I didn't push it with Rock.
Hehe... Hey Rock, I don't mean to push it either, but... Can I use the Pathfinder's monk too? :P
"Man is born free, but everywhere he is in chains."
Marcon
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Marcon »

Hehe... Hey Rock, I don't mean to push it either, but... Can I use the Pathfinder's monk too? :P
For the record, Rock disallowed the use of Pathfinder... Like a good referee behind the plate in baseball, I gotta admit he's pretty consistent. :wink:

-Marcon
Baron Zamedi
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Baron Zamedi »

For the record, Rock disallowed the use of Pathfinder... Like a good referee behind the plate in baseball, I gotta admit he's pretty consistent.
Ohh, I see, nevermind then consistency is rather important after all. I just thought I would try my luck. :roll:
"Man is born free, but everywhere he is in chains."
The Giamarga
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Giamarga »

I just found a great link for free clipart: http://etc.usf.edu/clipart/index.htm

It's a great source for pics but you'll have to dig around a bit.

Old Chalmers perhaps?

Francois in full dress at court with his wig on.

A Paridoner.
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Nice find! ^^