The Journals' Cast -- Bios' Or No Bios'? Vote Now!

Fiction about Ravenloft or Gothic Earth

Should the Journals' cast be given bios' and avatars?

Poll ended at Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:35 pm

Yes
86%
No
14%

Total votes: 7

High Priest Mikhal
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

The Journals' Cast -- Bios' Or No Bios'? Vote Now!

Post by High Priest Mikhal »

At this point I'm just pitching this out to see if anyone is interested in the bios' and images of the various characters of the Gothic and Lost Journals. I'm close to drawing the Gothic Journals to a close and picking up the story in novella format, and as I re-read the compilations of both I realize there's a lot about each character that just never gets said thanks to it being first-person rather than third-person.

This is also a chance for all of you to submit questions--in this thread--that will be covered in said bios'.

This hinges on whether or not it gets enough votes!

So vote and we'll see how it ends on Walpurgis Night. :twisted:
"Money is the root of all evil...I think I need more money."
High Priest Mikhal
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

At this time the poll has...4 votes. Tsk, tsk. I guess not enough people are interested. It will take ten "yes" votes minimum for me to do this. There's still two weeks left! Go vote! Or are are you all lazy, apathetic Americans who don't appreciate democracy? Or been disillusioned by the fact that popular votes don't really count for squat in US elections? There's no Electoral College here that decides the actual outcome by itself; your vote actually counts here.
High Priest Mikhal
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Ten days left, folks. And we're only halfway there (plus one "No" vote; alright, who's the smart aleck!? :D). Plus no questions? Surely there are things that the readers want explained. Post them here and I'll be sure to address them--if the poll gets five more "Yes" votes.
Tykus
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Tykus »

Would voting multiple times help? :lol:

While you've given a lot of Alex's bio in bits 'n' pieces through both journals, I'm curious about Kyra's arrival onto GE. I know you covered it in a couple of posts, but I would like some more details.
Hindsight is, after all, caused by a lack of foresight.

Death rates exceeded 100% in some towns.

Charles V spent most of his reign aging.

This was beginning of Empire, when Europeans felt the need to reach out and smack someone
High Priest Mikhal
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Disappointing. :evil: I'd like to think my fan base is bigger than six people. My ego is more shriveled than a raisin on an Egyptian sidewalk and this is like taking a magnifying glass in full sunlight to it.

This was just supposed to be a test of how many people actually read my work and I find it discouraging to say the least. :cry: The bios' more or less have to happen anyway since I'll be ending the Gothic Journals fairly soon and switching to a third-person format in an all new thread. I don't want to spend needless time giving background when I'm trying to continue old plots and new stories.
Manofevil
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Manofevil »

But...... It's good stuff! :shock: :? :(
Do us a favor Luv, Stick yer 'ead in a bucket a kick it!

So, gentlemen, that's how it is. Until Grissome.... resurfaces, I'm the acting president, and I say starting with this... anniversary festival, we run this city into the ground! :D
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Post by Rotipher of the FoS »

Hey, don't take it personally that more people aren't voting, HPM! Some readers may think it should be your choice, to write whatever you feel is best.
"Who [u]cares[/u] what the Dark Powers are? They're [i]bastards![/i] That's all I need to know of them." -- Crow
High Priest Mikhal
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Point taken, Rotipher.
High Priest Mikhal
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Okay, I've started on the bios' and even chibi avatars. Each character has a pretty long story and I'm trying to keep it as short as possible without sacrificing important details. Plus the tektek generator isn't the greatest for my purposes so things aren't turning out (visually) the way I'd hoped.

Hopefully we'll see some new stories in the Journals. I picked up a copy of Hunter: The Vigil, a sub-setting of the World of Darkness, and I must say I like this one a lot better than Reckoning. I still long for some of the old Reckoning elements (edges were pretty cool; are they adapted into Endowments in other products already?) but the setting is much better and darker, and has re-inspired the basic ideas of Modern Gothic Earth. I'm still reading the thing (300+ pages, and I still need the WoD Core Book) so give me a day or two.