The Fall of House Pancrazio Chapter Two

Online roleplaying at the Café
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

"Keep those ropes handy, do," Harold mutters as he enters the shed behind the two younger men. "If we do not find traces of the body ... animating ... we might be able to suffice with tying it with enough rope to restrain a wild bull. Then all we need to do is have a priest look at it. I ..."

Harold blinks and coughs. "It is probably best if Emilio is not allowed to see the body again before it has been prepared for burial," he states gruffly.
PathOfDreams
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by PathOfDreams »

Goran continues looking at the body while speaking, "Harold, you tell us exactly what needs to be done with the corpse and we will make it happen, " He clears his throat of the congesting aura of the shed then continues, "Tristan, are you fine with that?"
The Fall of House Pancrazio
Goran Pancrazio - http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.p ... tid=165152
Ghosts of Gauntcliff
Petrie MacLugash - http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.p ... tid=339286
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Tristan replies-

'' Yes, I'll do whatever I must.''
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

"I also will do what ever is needed ." Tahl says in an aside after giving the corpse quick look .
"Evil only endures when good people remain silent ."
Tony inspired by Thomas Jefferson .
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

"Stand ready to act if this goes wrong," Harold cautions, as he lifts his quarterstaff. "I will ... poke the body. If it moves, strike off the head as swiftly as you can. If it does not, hold the axe ready anyway while we tie it down as tightly as we can. If you are both ready ..."

Standing as far from the body as he can, Harold holds out his staff and prods the poor body.
Griselda
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Griselda »

With no answer apparently forthcoming from Roderigo, Agna takes a shaky-sounding breath and replies in a low voice, "They're out at the woodshed. Harold was... concerned about Mariabella, after last night." She doesn't want to say more; it's bad enough remembering Harold's announcement.

Though the old tutor's suggestion of tea and a few moments sounded wonderful, Agna knows there is simply no time. Miss Phebe will be needing help dressing and want breakfast, there are the bedrooms to clean, she must think about the noon meal. If a new cook will be coming in, the kitchen environs should be without reproach -- Mariabella would never want a stranger to think her kitchen was not up to snuff, even if she had just been murdered there. Besides, if I sit down for more than a moment, I'll fall asleep.

"Is there anything else you're needing, sir?"
Agna asks Roderigo, hoping it will not lead to a long diatribe about current events. Tea, I can manage -- getting the beds made and polishing the silver, without a doubt -- your daughter's likely whereabouts or a hundred gold pieces, not as much.
JMaytr
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by JMaytr »

"No Agna, you may excuse yourself to your other duties." Roderigo says with a wave of his hand.
"Seven Seals...Seven Rings...Seven Brides for the Scarlet King..."
Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

Tahl on seeing the corpse is moving says "It's moving !!" Pointing out this with his readied Court Blade to chop the thing up if needed .
"Evil only endures when good people remain silent ."
Tony inspired by Thomas Jefferson .
RocEter
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by RocEter »

Griselda wrote:With no answer apparently forthcoming from Roderigo, Agna takes a shaky-sounding breath and replies in a low voice, "They're out at the woodshed. Harold was... concerned about Mariabella, after last night." She doesn't want to say more; it's bad enough remembering Harold's announcement.

Though the old tutor's suggestion of tea and a few moments sounded wonderful, Agna knows there is simply no time. Miss Phebe will be needing help dressing and want breakfast, there are the bedrooms to clean, she must think about the noon meal. If a new cook will be coming in, the kitchen environs should be without reproach -- Mariabella would never want a stranger to think her kitchen was not up to snuff, even if she had just been murdered there. Besides, if I sit down for more than a moment, I'll fall asleep.

"Is there anything else you're needing, sir?"
Agna asks Roderigo, hoping it will not lead to a long diatribe about current events. Tea, I can manage -- getting the beds made and polishing the silver, without a doubt -- your daughter's likely whereabouts or a hundred gold pieces, not as much.
Julian looks at Agna with a puzzled look on his face.

"Concerned how?" he ask her before she can leave the kitchen.
History prefers legends to men. It prefers nobility to brutality, soaring speeches to quiet deeds. History remembers the battle and forgets the blood. What ever history remembers of me if it remembers me at all, it shall only be the fraction of the truth.
PathOfDreams
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by PathOfDreams »

Goran was sure he saw no movement in the body. "What are you saying Tahl, I saw nothing. I hate to do this to her, to not give the respect she deserves, but I think it is time to secure her with the rope as Harold has mentioned. After, we should hide her body in the greenhouse so no one will "happen" upon her.... she can stay there until we can be sure she won't turn."

Goran pauses to gaze upon the portly body in front of him, his expressionless look evolves to sadness, "This party for Lord Dilysnia could not have come at a worse time for my father, we must make haste to enter and clear the tunnel. Tristan I need you to help me wrap her up, Tahl stand ready."
Goran sheaths his hatchet, finds his cloak in his backpack and goes to retrieve the hemp rope from the grass. When the huntsman is ready they will begin to wrap her in the cloak and tie her securely.

OOC: let me know how much of the 50' of rope is used on Mariabella
Ghosts of Gauntcliff
Griselda
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Griselda »

Agna bites her lips and seems to be searching for the words she wants. After a few moments, she replies in a careful sort of way, "Harold seemed to think that... whatever attacked Mariabella and I may have... infected her."
PathOfDreams
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by PathOfDreams »

With help, Goran is able to bind the body of Mariabella. He coils the remaining half of the rope and goes to stuff it securely into his backpack. Donning his pack, he walks back into the shed and squats by the head of the bound lump.

He speaks generally and in a solid but hushed tone, "Lets go, the more hands we get on her the faster we can transport her. She is more than large so lets do it right the first time. "

Goran preemptively grasps the rope around her shoulders and upper back. He waits with his head hung in his chest.

He exhales with a long sigh. "I hope that where we go there is only a small wine cellar to inspect."
Ghosts of Gauntcliff
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

''Ah....alright, let's do it.''

The youthful Arkandaler tucks his hatchet into his belt and moves to assist Goran with the body.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

"Let us move swiftly," Harold mutters, lending his meager strength to the effort.
JMaytr
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by JMaytr »

The group has no problem binding the corpse of their former friend.
"Seven Seals...Seven Rings...Seven Brides for the Scarlet King..."