JMaytr
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

The Fall of House Pancrazio Chapter Two

Post by JMaytr »

Letter to Ivanna Boritsi from Ivan Dilsnya

4th June, 758
My dearest cousin,

How are you my lovely? I do hope that you are enjoying the summer. Borca is so beautiful during this time of year and the wonderful plants that espouse the toxins I so love are abundant. I wish that we could live in perpetual summer.

I plan on throwing a large feast at my home at the end of the week. A lovely summer feast. I do hope you are able to attend. I will be forcing my neighbors the Pancrazio's and those scheming Enzo's to be here, and speaking of which that old crone Luisa Pancrazio is finally dead and her scions seem to be penniless. I'm considering annexing their lands though I'd never do so without your blessing my love. We'll see come tax time I suppose.

Until the next feast, your loving cousin Ivan.

Letter from Saverio Pancrazio to Roderigo Pancrazio

1st of June, 758

Nephew. I have arrived in Falkovnia and am making preperations for home. I have picked up some gifts for everyone and am very excited to sleep in my own bed again.

How is Phebe? I am worried that she may grow worse now that Luisa is dead. How is that tutor I hired from town working out? Harold comes highly referenced and knows much about some of the darker aspects of our area. He should come as a great help.

See you soon nephew.
Saverio.
"Seven Seals...Seven Rings...Seven Brides for the Scarlet King..."
JMaytr
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by JMaytr »

As the sun rises on the grounds of Pancrazio Manor the chirping of birds and the scent of the summer flowers seems to wash the horrors of the previous night.

Tristan is roused by the barking of the kennels dogs. A moment later there is pounding on the front door.

"Tristan! Tahl! It's Roderigo. I have a task for you. Awake!"
He continues to pound on the door.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Tristan rolls out of bed and pulls on his kneebritches. He goes to answer the door.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

Tahl comes out of his meditation at the sound of the pounding on the door . Then he readies his gear for the day ahead .
"Evil only endures when good people remain silent ."
Tony inspired by Thomas Jefferson .
JMaytr
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by JMaytr »

Opening the door, Tristan can see that Roderigo has obviously not slept.
"Ah good morning Tristan. I hope you got a little rest. I'll rouse Julian when we get back to the house. I want you all to travel to Luisa's tomb and see what happened there, what might of caused my mother to raise as that creature. Perhaps go to the church and get Calden Boiryer. When you get back I want to search the tunnel we found in the greenhouse."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Tristan nods vigorously in the affirmative.
''Right , then, I'll get ready staightaway. ''

After receiving his orders, Tristan first checks his guns, powder and shot, and his other gear. Once satisfied with those, he retrieves a bucket from outside his doorstep, one filled with rainwater collected overnight. He executes his ablutions quickly and efficiently; this is hardly the first time he's been ordered out on errands with short notice. Getting dressed is the work of a minute or two.

Once ready, Tristan turns to Tahl and says-

''Well, I expected something like this. Shall we head to the big house now?''
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

Griselda
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Griselda »

The twitter of the birds' morning chorus is the first thing to penetrate the thick fog of sleep around Agna, where she is curled in the rocking chair. She blinks and rubs her tired eyes, noting the morning glow in the windows. She has no idea what time it is, but the sun is rising, so surely she must be late.

She goes to the kitchen sink and gives her face a wake-up wash, then carefully combs out her hair and winds it up into a neat coil at the back of her head, securing the coil with a few pins. She's done it so often she needs no mirror to tell her how it looks, though she does make a quick check for the front by her reflection in one of the kettles. The cap she leaves on the chair for now; Gianna doesn't visit the kitchen if she can help it, Agna reflects, so she need not worry about it until later, when she must be out in the house. Clean, groomed, sleeves rolled up, she sets to work -- stoke the fire to get the upstairs' wash-water and the tea-kettle going, prepare tea for the downstairs, and wake Mariabella, who can't possibly be sleeping this late--

No, I don't need to. Last night... Agna leans against the great prep-table as memory runs through her. That thing in the door -- Maria in the larder... She shivers and covers her face with her hands. No! Can't cry now -- the work just doubled -- crying later, when there's time. She gives herself a shake and focuses on the task before her. She'll have to figure out the breakfast, possibly more (We're going to need another cook -- what are Emilio and Master Roderigo going to do?). She goes into the stillroom to start taking inventory of potential ingredients, then to the larder to get the black tea that's the usual morning drink for the household.
Irving the Meek
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Irving the Meek »

Anyone who walks past the back stairs might hear what sounds all for the world like a small carpenter busy sawing a hole in the floor, or possibly a troll groaning in agony devouring an under-ripe orchard.(1) Tuke is at rest, but the noises he's making are decidedly disturbing...

(1) Listen check DC 10 to hear Tuke's snoring.
PathOfDreams
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by PathOfDreams »

Goran's eyes open alert to the sight and sounds of daybreak. He clammers out of the stables in just his trousers and undershirt. Enjoying the sun he stretches away the tightness in his limbs from an evening with little sleep and a terrible homecoming.

After stretching for a moment, he returns to prepare for the day. It will no doubt carry with it the labors of investigation. While he prepares he runs through the events of the previous night in his memory to attempt to draw any conclusions. A quick goodbye to the steeds and gathering of his longblades and he begins towards the house. The kitchen is his first intended destination as the thought of warm tea becomes more and more appealing.
The Fall of House Pancrazio
Goran Pancrazio - http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.p ... tid=165152
Ghosts of Gauntcliff
Petrie MacLugash - http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.p ... tid=339286
Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

Tahl after making himself somewhat more presentable he replies to Tristan :"Yes it would be good to see if their is any sign of a break in at the tomb ."
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

In Vor Ziyden

The neighbour's rooster has only just crowed when Harold is already getting ready to depart his house. A quick breakfast of bread and cheese, a cup of milk, a cup of tea, and the scholar is off. First to the stable, where waits a horse on loan to him from the Pancrazios. On loan so that he might get to the estate bright and early to commence his duties, that is ...

Moving along the road at a trot, Harold's thoughts wander a little. 'I wonder how everything went last night,' he muses. 'That horrible apparition in miss Phebe's room ... I do hope nothing worse happened. But ...'

Slightly annoyed, the ageing scholar draws the folds of a sturdy, brown leather cloak tighter around himself and clicks his tongue at the horse. "Faster, you spavined nag," he chides the plump, amicable animal, which takes this slur in its stride. 'Alas, if only it'd take this road in a quicker stride,' Harold sighs to himself. He barely notices the barn owl launching itself off his roof and landing on his shoulder. Harold's companion appears intent on joining him at work today ...
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

''Right. Well, Tahl, I'm heading up to the house to look for Julian. ''

Tristan heads out the door of the little cabin, and walks across the damp lawn towards the big house. On the way, he spots Goran Pancrazio also headed up to the house.

Tristan strides over to the other and announces himself:

''Good morning to you, Mister Pancrazio.''

RocEter
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by RocEter »

Jullian already awake before the morning the light, kneels facing the rising the sun, his sword out before him in his hands.

Jullian recites the morning prayers taught to him by his father when he was young.
History prefers legends to men. It prefers nobility to brutality, soaring speeches to quiet deeds. History remembers the battle and forgets the blood. What ever history remembers of me if it remembers me at all, it shall only be the fraction of the truth.
PathOfDreams
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by PathOfDreams »

Upon notice of Tristan, Goran raises an open hand skyward in salute of his fellow, "By Ezra may it be just that and nothing like our night last."He pauses slightly then utters a finish, "It is Tristan if i'm not mistaken, please let this be a true meeting of brothers, and call me Goran, as it is much appreciated, you need not be so formal friend."

Goran produces his bare hand to welcome Tristan. The night before only afforded but a brief moment for pleasantries.

"Come, shall we see if the hot pot boils? I know I could use a bit of Agna's morning herbals"

Goran allows Tristan to lead the way to the kitchen entry follow short behind.
The Fall of House Pancrazio
Goran Pancrazio - http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.p ... tid=165152
Ghosts of Gauntcliff
Petrie MacLugash - http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.p ... tid=339286
Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

Tahl heads to the stable to ready their horse's for the trip to the tomb .