Chibi Ravenloft!

Discussing all things Ravenloft
hidajiremi
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Chibi Ravenloft!

Post by hidajiremi »

A little while back, I was perusing an Exalted thread on another forum, and I came across a huge thread detailing the use of the Gaia Online Dream Maker avatar generator to create "chibi" character designs. It was so intriguing that I immediately applied the same idea to Ravenloft. I went through and found that once I started, it was like chips--you can't stop with just one--so I wound up making every Core darklord, plus a few more NPCs, with the darn thing.

Here, for your viewing pleasure, the chibi side of darkness! I'm not captioning them, so see if you can guess who's doomed... I mean, who's who. As a clue, some of them are placed right next to each other to indicate that they're linked in some way, usually as an alternate form or co-darklord. A couple are just alternate versions, though; there's a set of three that shows a darklord, her with her baby-daddy, and one with a different baby-daddy. (That's all the hints you get!)

Image ImageImage ImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImage Image Image Image
ImageImage Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image ImageImageImage ImageImage

Some of them I had to tinker with to add or remove things; this caused some of them to lose background transparency (which I have no idea how to restore). If you think you can do better, a link to the program that makes these is earlier in the post. Alternately, if you think I did a good job and want to see a particular darklord or NPC (or a PC!) in this style, just let me know! I'm always happy to help out. ^_^

Jeremy Puckett
"Children are innocent and love justice, while most adults are wicked and prefer mercy." G.K. Chesterton
Sorti
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Sorti »

They are great!!! Have cookies *cookies*
Coltiviamo per tutti un rancore
che ha l'odore del sangue rappreso
ciò che allora chiamammo dolore
è soltanto un discorso sospeso
MadStepDad
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by MadStepDad »

My guesses:

STRAHD
MORDENHEIM and ADAM
ALFRED TIMOTHY
…ANKHTEPOT?
AZALIN
DEATH
BARON KARKOV
(I’m not sure about the balding guy with red hair)
EBONBANE
GABRIELLE ADERRE (with MALLACHIO)
HARKON LUKAS
HAZLAN
INZA???
VAN RICHTEN
IVANA BORITSI?
LORD SOTH
GODFREY
(I don’t the Twilight-looking dude with golden shining eyes)
TRISTESSA
(and I don’t recognize the rest)

Great stuff though! Oddly enough, for lack of better word, I'd say they are... "awfully cute".

peace

MSD
Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bc4mBjj_yt4&feature=youtu.be

Conjunction
http://madstepdad.proboards.com/board/19/grand-conjunction

"BCCW" by MSD
http://madstepdad.proboards.com/board/33/broken-city-championship-wrestling-madstepdad
Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Isabella »

The balding guy with red hair is Dominic D'Honaire, I bet.

Lesee, the others... I can see Matton in the back of Gabby's picture. The pair at the grand ballroom are Ivan and Ivana. So that makes the one next to them... Jacky Renier? The winged guy next to Godefroy I'm not sure on - the Gentleman Caller, perhaps? Then Tristessa, I think that's Drakov on the next line, then I guess the Three Hags, and I'm not sure about the last two. Monette and Tristin Ap Blanc, maybe?

Edit: That's definitely Jacky Renier - I couldn't make out the rats swarming below her at first! Also, these are the cutest things ever.
"No, but evil is still being — Is having reason — Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
Brandi
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Brandi »

At RPG.net, speculation runs that the winged guy with golden eyes is Malocchio, and the final two are Tristan apBlanc by day and by night.
Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Isabella »

Doesn't Mallochio have brown wavy hair? (*forgets*)
"No, but evil is still being — Is having reason — Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
Matthew L. Martin
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Matthew L. Martin »

Isabella wrote:Doesn't Mallochio have brown wavy hair? (*forgets*)
"A wild mop of midnight black hair" (DoD, p. 54) Then again, he doesn't have wings, so it could be the Gentleman Caller.
Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Isabella »

Not to mention the gloves and the cane.
hidajiremi
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by hidajiremi »

Thanks for the compliments, all!

To settle it up, here's the list:
Strahd (with Tatyana)
Adam
Dr. Mordenheim
Alfred Timothy (as human)
Alfred Timothy (as werewolf)
Ankhtepot
Azalin
Death
Urik von Kharkov
Dominic d'Honaire
Ebonbane
Gabrielle Aderre (alone)
Gabrielle Aderre (with Gentleman Caller)
Gabrielle Aderre (with Matton)
Harkon Lukas
Hazlik
Inza
Ivan Dilisnya
Ivana Boritsi
Jacqueline Renier
Soth
Wilfred Godefroy
The Gentleman Caller
Tristessa (as dark elf)
Tristessa (as banshee)
Vlad Drakov
The Three Sisters
Tristen apBlanc (day)
Tristen apBlanc (night)

Good guesses all around! I'll be posting up a couple more batches of these over the next few days as requests happen (and there have already been a few), including one of the major heroes of the setting. In the meantime, though, have a goblyn and a red widow.

ImageImage

Also, to round out the darklords, since I realized after the first response that I didn't include them, here are Sir Tristen Hiregaard and Malken (with and without cat mask).

ImageImageImage

Jeremy Puckett
"Children are innocent and love justice, while most adults are wicked and prefer mercy." G.K. Chesterton
Manofevil
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Manofevil »

These are cool, cute, and hilarious all at the same time. There is only one flaw. YA CAN'T DO SOTH WITHOUT THE BUCKET HELMET, CLOAK, AND ROSE ON THE CHEST!!! Not if you still want Soth. This is just wrong. I've seen that combo Greek/viking helmet someplace before but never on Soth. Please fix this. It just doesn't work.
Do us a favor Luv, Stick yer 'ead in a bucket a kick it!

So, gentlemen, that's how it is. Until Grissome.... resurfaces, I'm the acting president, and I say starting with this... anniversary festival, we run this city into the ground! :D
Brandi
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Brandi »

Wot, no good guys?

ImageImageImageImage
Last edited by Brandi on Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hidajiremi
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by hidajiremi »

Oh man! I was going to get around to these tonight, but you beat me to it. Do you mind if I repost these on my thread on rpg.net (full credit to you, of course)?

Jeremy Puckett
Brandi
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Brandi »

The Gentleman Caller:
Last edited by Brandi on Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brandi
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Brandi »

hida_jiremi wrote:Oh man! I was going to get around to these tonight, but you beat me to it. Do you mind if I repost these on my thread on rpg.net (full credit to you, of course)?

Jeremy Puckett
Not at all. I may come up with others as I feel like it. Those silly little avatar programs are weirdly addictive!
hidajiremi
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by hidajiremi »

Manofevil wrote:These are cool, cute, and hilarious all at the same time. There is only one flaw. YA CAN'T DO SOTH WITHOUT THE BUCKET HELMET, CLOAK, AND ROSE ON THE CHEST!!! Not if you still want Soth. This is just wrong. I've seen that combo Greek/viking helmet someplace before but never on Soth. Please fix this. It just doesn't work.
How's this as an alternate?

Jeremy Puckett