Realms of Dread OOC

Online roleplaying at the Café
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Yes, good ole Malar. I rather like him, actually.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Is Rardi in the same place as Archedius?
Archedius
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Archedius »

I'm just now heading to sign up at the warehouse. Slow and old 8)
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Okay ewan, by Rardi asking Inovidil about pals I am giving her the chance to mention the party basically ;)
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

Hey all, just wanted to check when it would be appropriate to toss Alain into the mix.
Since I missed quite a bit of what has happened since the party was first heading to Cormyr, I was thinking that maybe Alain had started working on a new book. One that compared the likenesses of the current world and the one the RL natives came from. It would kind of give a logical reason for him to have been separated from the group for as long as he was and a good reason for him to run into them again as he is traveling around the realms looking for similarities between the two worlds.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

tarlyn wrote:Okay ewan, by Rardi asking Inovidil about pals I am giving her the chance to mention the party basically ;)
Sure. I caught that. Makes sense.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

BigBadQDaddy wrote:Hey all, just wanted to check when it would be appropriate to toss Alain into the mix.
Since I missed quite a bit of what has happened since the party was first heading to Cormyr, I was thinking that maybe Alain had started working on a new book. One that compared the likenesses of the current world and the one the RL natives came from. It would kind of give a logical reason for him to have been separated from the group for as long as he was and a good reason for him to run into them again as he is traveling around the realms looking for similarities between the two worlds.
Sounds good. Let's say he's heard vague rumours of a recent attack on Marsember, and also rumours about his old companions working for some foreign nobleman in the city. He may not know the details, and news travels slowly and gets distorted by passing from one person to the next, of course.

He can be whenever you like him to be inside the city. It's reasonable to assume he's used his skill at gathering information to track down one of his old friends.

EDIT- IF you like, assume Alain has already contacted members of his old party. Perhaps he's spoken with Ino, or maybe he found Jonathon. I leave this up to you guys, the players. Just post it. 8)

BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

Awesome, Thanks Ewan. Now, where to put Alain....
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

BigBadQDaddy wrote:Awesome, Thanks Ewan. Now, where to put Alain....
One suggestion I have is to place him at Ino's inn with Jonathon, who is waiting there for Ino to return.

BTW, it is late afternoon now, and will be dusk within the hour.

BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

Sounds good, lets go with that.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

BigBadQDaddy wrote:Sounds good, lets go with that.
Okay. Wait just a few minutes..I'm checking my notes.

steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

*Burns ewans notes* :P
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

Tarlyn strikes again!
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

*Struts* Yes I'm everywhere!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

tarlyn wrote:*Burns ewans notes* :P
Haha- nope, they made their item save.