Mists over the Musarde: The Second Interlude

Online roleplaying at the Café
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Jon puts his right knee to the floor and begins to bow his head...
then he rolls hard to the left, clearing the swordpoint, and hurtles towards the garden window-

CRASH!

Looking out the broken window, those inside may see Jon's back as he sprints across the lawn. The boy is fast- almost inhumanly so!
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Norzak looks from Cirdan to the broken window to Jon's fleeing form. "What the.....?" "We runnin after 'im or not? I's a spell might slow 'im down some. He was movin' really fast there.... almost too fast."

The dwarf is at the window and outside, preparing his spell. "He'll be out of range real quick, decide fellers!"
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

Cirdan puts his sword back into the sheath, scratches his head and laughs nervously.

"Ooooooh. Crap. - Well, friends, as you guessed, I was going to introduce boy into the lesser ranks of Darkonian chivalry, for all the bravery he showed, and to give him a moral compass for his actions."

The knight will take off one iron glove and reach for a glass of wine on the table.

"Well, surely he'll come back. Am I so frightening?"
Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

After hearing what Cirdan says he turn's to Cirdan :" You might of let one of us in on that, so we could reassure the boy of your intentions Sir . " and with that he's off to track down the boy, but not running . Just to find out were he lives in the city to meet him there . Shaking his head on his way out .
"Evil only endures when good people remain silent ."
Tony inspired by Thomas Jefferson .
Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

With the crash of broken glass a possibility strikes Dorgio, as quick and sharp as the shards. The rats, the beast that attacked Norzak, the boy's infection and subsequent behavior, and now the sheer speed of the boy. "Marha," he rasps, cursing his own stupidity.

He then dives through the window, covering his face with his arm to protect against the glass. As soon as he hits the ground, he will start chasing Jon.
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
JMaytr
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by JMaytr »

Jonathan runs as fast as his legs would carry him. His time training to run coming in handy. The boy knew it was a mistake to trust the adults. As soon as Dorgio's magic revealed that his knife was special they had tried to take it from him. He was sure of it. No wonder Sir Cirdan never gave him a cut of gold from Van Dieks chest. They were just greedy killers.

Jonathan cursed himself for a fool for thinking he could trust them.
And Norzak. The dwarf had been so kind, so much like the father he'd wished he had.

But that father had betrayed him too. Turned his back and left Jonathan alone in the world.

Jonathan's spine still shivered at the way the knight spoke. It was as if his very voice dripped blood.

Throwing a glance back he sees Dorgio in pursuit. He tries to run faster, his chest hurting with the effort.
"Seven Seals...Seven Rings...Seven Brides for the Scarlet King..."
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

Bennedict sighs, shooting the rest of his drink and going for a refill.

"Apologies, Herr Sancerre. I don't know what's gotten over my compatriots."
Le Noir Faineant

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

Cirdan, on the table, makes a gesture pretty much alike this one:

"How old is Jon, again? - By Hextor, all I wanted was to cheer the boy up!"
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Norzak looks at Cirdan. "Hey just lissen second, Cirdan. Ye talk all deep n funny with yer visor on an sometimes we almoss think we see yer eyes red. If'n I was someone with manners n stuff, I'd be insulted ye canna talk with visor off. It ain polite to these people. I dun care I's gots me own defaults. Is not that learned but know ye kinna have us worried bout how ye bin actin since ye came back.

As for knightin tha lad, well yeah ye could of told us, especially him. Now he's run off ascared of us all. Mebbe he htinks badly of us all, especially me. Since I metted Jon I bin tryin real hard to show him the ways of the world so he kin survive and I thinks it was werkin. "Es ne'er had no ma or da that I's sure of. I's really wanna be responsible fer the lad an now 'es run away!"

The dwarf slaps his fist into his palm. "Yeah I's sorry bout this too, Denys. Tis yer home. I's like to stay but Imma go find the lad. See you later." The dwarf leaves through the broken window and begins searching for the lad. If he can see Alain he'll follow him, if not he'll head for where he knows the lad has a place.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

inside the house-

Denys responds to Bennedict-

''No, it's alright. I imagine Alain will track him down and explain. Surely, Dorgio isn't going to catch him- the boy is too fast. ''

Denys sits down heavily, settling into his chair.

''Well, then. Once we are gathered together again, I intend to set out tomorrow morning to explore beneath the Grim Bastion. I'm assuming you will all be coming with me, yes? We really ought to have Jon for this, as the boy knows the undercity better than any of us. I hope he can be found and persuaded to come back. ''

He turns to Evangeline and comments-

''I have decided that you will stay elsewhere while I am gone. I have a Falkovnian colleague at whose home you will be welcome. Charlotte may accompany you. Now, go and tell her to pack your things.''
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

Bennedict's eyes darken at this last, his bank thankfully turned to his patron.

Sancerre is a client, he reminds himself, It's not our business who he deals with, even if they are tyrants.

His jaw grimly set, he pours some more amber liquid into his glass and returns to the dinner.
JMaytr
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by JMaytr »

Nearly out of breath Jonathan collapses on the pile of old coats that served as his bed in the squat he'd claimed. It was a safe squat, a story off the ground and only accessible from a small hole you had to climb through. The rats always found their way in however, sometimes when he was hungry that was a good thing.

Jonathan lay there breathing hard for a long time. The sounds of the rats were annoying, but he was slightly used to the critters. Another sound however caused him to quickly whip around, knife at the ready.

It was Alain. He'd found Jonathan.

Knowing that the masked man had powerful magic, and that his squat had only one way out, Jonathan lets out a sigh and resigned himself to being captured.

"Please don't kill me."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

at the Sancerre house-

Denys pours himself as glass of milk from a pitcher and comments,

''Yes, I'm sure Alain will find the boy. If Dorgio is with him..they'll no doubt be able to persuade him to return. ''

The merchant reaches for the tray of pastries and recovers a buttered roll.
He dips it into his milk and takes a bite. After chewing and swallowing the morsel, he goes on to say-

''Don't worry, Sir Cirdan. Jon was only reacting to what he thought was a dangerous situation- nothing to be ashamed of, really. The boy showed good sense-and legwork. He's fast! ''

Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

Alain puts up his hands and says : " I not here to kill you, just to talk to you about what Cirdan did , the rest of us were as surprised by his actions as you were . Well it turns out he wanted to Knight you . To give you a specific code to follow I think . If you know what that entails ? I guess you don't by your reaction ." Alain says in a soothing voice . After his speech he steps to the side so Jon can leave and gestures that he can if he wants . But if he doesn't leave or stays and listens Alain says :" We still need to get our cut from that gold that we got from Louie ."
"Evil only endures when good people remain silent ."
Tony inspired by Thomas Jefferson .
JMaytr
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by JMaytr »

"If he wanted to knight me, he had a funny way of going about it." Jonathan sheaths his knife. "I'll go back with you, but if this is a trick, I'll kill all of you." Jonathan watches the mage closely.