Mists over the Musarde: The Second Interlude

Online roleplaying at the Café
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Mists over the Musarde: The Second Interlude

Post by ewancummins »

The party has a rendezvous scheduled today at the Sancerre house.
Guests arriving by the front door are greeted by a drab-looking serving-man heretofore unknown to them. His appearance is mostly unremarkable , except for the odd scar on his brow- it is in the shape of a bird of prey. He walks with a slight limp in his left leg.
The man is unfailingly polite to guests.

''Masters, if it pleases you, the parlor stands ready for your use.''

in the parlor, adjacent to the dining room

Evangeline sits with Charlotte, chatting over cups of tea.

''Don't you think Sir Cirdan was simply marvellous? He is so dashing! Did you see him unhorse that villain with one blow of his sword? What a man!''

Charlotte giggles.

''Heehee..yes, he's quite impressive. Not to change the subject..but, what have you heard about Bennedict? I'm worried because I heard that he was in some sort of trouble at the Cathedral. I hope he's alright!''

Evangeline responds-

''Bennedict? I haven't heard anything, no. What sort of trouble was it?''

In the dining room-

Ambrose, the young manservant of the family, has just finished setting the table with help from Hannah. Now he stands to one side of the table and talks to the old woman, who is having a glass of milk before the luncheon starts.

''I'm telling you, Hannah, it was probably just a coincidence. There are plenty of bad men in the country these days. I don't see why you think it was part of some grand design. You've been hanging around these 'practicals' so long you're starting to think like them- mad as a march hare. All this talk of conspiracies and cults- bah! It's a lot of nonsense and you know it. Those were just ordinary bandits, that's all.''

Hannah scowls.

''No, you foolish young pup, I'm telling you- it was our enemies that had lain in wait for us. They knew we were coming, somehow. Sir Cirdan and his crew will settle the lot of them, I'll wager.''
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Norzak says nothing as he walks into the parlor. He eyes both Evangeline and Charlotte and nods, sitting. He did overhear their little conversation. Ow come I din' 'ear nuthin bout Benn, but Charlotte did?

"G'day lil missy an Charlotte. Scuse me I coul'n help but overhear bout Benn, Charlotte. You saided 'e was in trouble? How'd ye come by knowin' thet? Who tolded ye 'xactly?" There is concern in the dwarf's voice, but no suspicion. As far as the girls can tell, he is curious about Bennedict.

Doing a sense motive check on Charlotte, ewan.
Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

Alain comes into the parlor at about the same time as Norzak . "So Charlotte, you heard something about Benn getting into some kind of trouble . What could he have gotten into at the archives as he was researching some stuff for our group ? "
"Evil only endures when good people remain silent ."
Tony inspired by Thomas Jefferson .
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Charlotte

Post by steveflam »

Someone has been spying on us and perhaps it could be Charlotte. Given the fact how could she know about Benn if she is almost always with Evangeline? Hmmmm?
Last edited by steveflam on Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Evie welcomes her guests-

''Hello, I'm so happy you were able to come today!''

When questioned by Alain and Norzak, Charlotte replies-

''Oh, I heard Hannah talking about it with Ambrose this morning. The garbage collector told Hannah that a madman with a knife stabbed someone. I knew that Benn was down there, so I'm a little worried. Is he alright?''

The pretty brunette smiles nervously after she finishes speaking.
Last edited by ewancummins on Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

Dorgio enters the estate wearing an even tighter, more weary expression than usual. The Gundarakite prisoner has been weighing heavily on his mind.

When he sees the new servant, he musters up a smile. "Ah, hello friend, I am Dorgio. I am thinking we have not met before." His eyes go to the scar just once, and then he rather conspicuously avoids looking at it.
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
JMaytr
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by JMaytr »

Jonathan stands by Norzak watching Charlotte. The boy is ravenously hungry and has a pale look to his face. His hand hurt as well and at times he rubbed the infected area.
"Seven Seals...Seven Rings...Seven Brides for the Scarlet King..."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Brock Marsh Runoff wrote:Dorgio enters the estate wearing an even tighter, more weary expression than usual. The Gundarakite prisoner has been weighing heavily on his mind.

When he sees the new servant, he musters up a smile. "Ah, hello friend, I am Dorgio. I am thinking we have not met before." His eyes go to the scar just once, and then he rather conspicuously avoids looking at it.

The servant replies-

''I'm called Klaus, herr Dorgio. You are correct- we have not met before today. The Master hired me only last week. ''

Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

Holding back my post. Cirdan will make an entrance in a later moment - I missed the thread's beginning, and think it would be grose of the knight to come too late to dinner. :)
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

Bennedict hurries up the lane towards the house, not really looking where he is going. The steady rapping of his walking stick on the cobbles sets a rapid tempo, and the Lamordian mutters to himself in the language of his homeland, stroking his mustache thoughtfully. Interspersed amongst the unfamiliar words are some which have taken on sinister familiarity of late: Incabulos, Wolutha, and Druagr. A new phrase has wandered into the scholar's musings, however, the Grim Bastion.

He pulls up short, however, as he comes to the door of his employer, Denys Sancerre. His eyes widen in surprise, before narrowing as his upper lip unintentionally curls. He tries not to let his vision dwell too long on the symbol of hatred branded on the man's forehead, instead stepping past both the manservant and Dorgio wordlessly, entering the parlor of Sancerre house.

He takes up a place in a corner of the room, wordlessly removing his hat and coat, returning to his dark musings.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

On seeing Bennedict enter the room, Charlotte rises quickly from her seat and makes her way to his side.

''Bennedict, I'm so happy to see you! I heard there was trouble at the cathedral. ''

The girl smiles and adjusts her posture in such a way as to...ahem..more prominently display those charms which Nature has granted her. :wink:

''Why don't you come sit with me by the fire, and tell us all about it? I'll make you some hot tea- you'd like that, wouldn't you, Benn?''

Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

The archivist is shaken out of his dark thoughts by Charlotte's presence. He stutters for just a moment before shaking his head clear. "Wha? Oh, yes, hello Fraulein. It is very good to see you. Some tea would be excellent, thank you."

He walks across to where Charlotte was previously sitting, making himself comfortable. "There is really nothing to worry about. I had simply had a run-in with...a person of interest in our case. Nothing to be concerned with. I am more than capable of defending myself."
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Norzak speaks up after Benn enters. "I would'n mind us retellin' our exploits, Benn. But mebbe, Lil Missy, could ye give us the use of a room where's just us kin speak freely? BY thet I's meanin' 'o' course Dorgio, Cirdan, Alain, Jon an me. No offense ladies but we jest need thet fer a few so we kin regroup an discuss whass 'appenin' is all." Norzak looks at Benn and the others for support.
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

"That would perhaps be best, yes," Bennedict agrees, "Also if Herr Sancerre is available it would perhaps be good to include him in the conversation as well."
Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

ewancummins wrote:
The servant replies-

''I'm called Klaus, herr Dorgio. You are correct- we have not met before today. The Master hired me only last week. ''
"The name, is only 'Dorgio,' my friend." The priest's smile is more genuine this time. It is good to be meeting you, I'm sure our paths will be crossing again."

He says nothing as Benn stalks by. It's rather clear the archivist has something besides scholarship on his mind. Whatever the case, the academic would tell all soon enough, Dorgio reckoned. Besides, the Gundarakite had words of his own to exchange with Benn.

Dorgio enters the parlor in time to hear the last bit of Benn's conversation. "And I need to speak with you tonight, Benn. I am needing to ah, how is it said, bounce an idea off your brain."

He then turns his attention to Norzak and Jon. "Your wounds, do they heal?"
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights