Successful Gothic Earth Campaigns?

Discussing Masque of the Red Death
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Successful Gothic Earth Campaigns?

Post by NeoTiamat »

Well, let's be honest. Ravenloft, compared to Faerun or Eberron, is not used much by DMs. And as Ravenloft is to Faerun, so MotRD is to Ravenloft.

But we have a forum here, so I imagine that successful campaigns have been done. So what have been your success stories in Gothic Earth?
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
Jonathan Winters
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Jonathan Winters »

I have a journal of a short campaign (not finished yet) but it's in French. We had an amazing time (or so my players told me!). BUT it wasn't true MotRD. It was more League of X Gentlemen (the comic!), a bit more steampunk.

Either I will translate it one day to share here (I just have no time!) or if someone from the boards is willing to do it for me... :)

I will try to get back to you about this soon with more details...

I think one of the important things to remember is to have fun. You are not writing a history paper! (IMHO) This might be what bogs down MotRD campaigns to some extent.

Patrick
Mysteries of Darkon (AKA Miranda Cornelius' Journal)
On hiatus while visiting Ptolus, City by the Spire, new RL-inspired campaign: Madness Rising!
www.bullonir.wikidot.com
MadStepDad
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by MadStepDad »

I did run through a quick MASQUE adventure back in the 2E days, but nothing totally memorable. I write this post now however, because I am planning a massive return to MASQUE of the RED DEATH this coming October.

But I am fully aware this project will disturb alot of hardcore purists. I'm continuing to use the MASQUE themes, plots and even the RED DEATH by name - but am keeping it 3.5 without the hardcover book (I have ALL the old 2E MASQUE stuff and the fluff is all the same). What I am doing however and is fastforwarding the time line 100 years. MASQUE of the RED DEATH Gothic Earth Nineteen-Ninety-Now.

I've taken alot of liberties with the direction I want to bring this campaign in, and I'm sure when I start posting my campaign recaps (which the Frat better print!) it will generate some hatred. But to keep the love going, I am completely reimagining the GRAND CONJUNCTION storyline for d20 Modern. Weird I know, but I think I can make it work. I am totally reusing all my favorite RAVENLOFT modules. That way I can try to spread the game in new directions, gather some new fans and players, while still maintaining a thread of the dread realms we all love and cherish. It's a brand new game, a brand new era and brand new batch of players. But the same twisted spirit. Can't wait to let y'all know how it unfolds!

peace,

MSD
Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bc4mBjj_yt4&feature=youtu.be

Conjunction
http://madstepdad.proboards.com/board/19/grand-conjunction

"BCCW" by MSD
http://madstepdad.proboards.com/board/33/broken-city-championship-wrestling-madstepdad