Burma

Discussing Masque of the Red Death
Jennifer
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Burma

Post by Jennifer »

Hello all,
After my succesful campaigns in South Africa and in Nijmegen, a new one will follow soon. The hapless adventurer will be going to Burma.

Recently colonized but not subdued by the British Empire (they really got everywhere), Burma is largely unexplored but a source of great riches, among which the jade, which is mined in the far north of burma. The jade mines are jealously guarded by the fierce warriors of the Kachin tribes, suspected to be headhunters. The jade is mainly smuggled to china, where it is highly prized.

The group will investigate the area and what horrors will the find there?

Some tips on dense jungle travel and possible monsters would be nice. I have already thought of tigers.

Jennifer
Paladyn
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Paladyn »

Grey gorillas, last inhabitants of ruined city in the jungle, being degenerated descendant of ancient, unknown to science, civilization.

Snakes, rampaging elephants, savage tribes of cannibals.
I love shorcuts!:
"IMHO a SH HH should be a better RL DL"
- Kargatane mailing list member
------
My campaign's journal: [url]http://forgotten-epic.blogspot.com[/url]
William Blackmoor
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by William Blackmoor »

Maybe this is of help:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myanmar

As a goldsmith I can add from memory that in Myanmar/Burma famous rubies (and saphires) are found within the mines of Mogok.

As you already thought of tigers, it's also a good place to use the ghost-tiger from the Gothic Earth Campaign book or a were-tiger.

Other supernatural creatures i used once in an Gothic-India-adventure: Penangallan-Vampire, Rakshasa, Bar-Igura-Demon (in connection with fiendish apes), Nagas, Nymphs (as Apsaras).
The Gem of Amara...
Official sponsor, of my killing you.
Jennifer
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Jennifer »

Hello William,
Indeed the Wikipedia is an Ezrasent for all those DMs playing the gothic earth.

And I did some research on mining in Burma and many sorts of precious stones can be found there. The saphires and rubies from Mogok and also the jade from kachin state.

Thanks for the ideas for the monsters, a rakshasa might be just the thing. Like I said, i did some research on Burma and kachin state, where the heroes will be travelling. Kachin state is home to the famous jade and the mines used to be controlled by the ferocious Kachin tribes, but now in the hands of the british colonial forces. This does not sit well and the area is very tense at the moment.

Perhaps a rhakshasa, posing as a british of chinese national is stirring things up.

This i s why i love coming here, you always give good ideas!

Jennifer[/list]
William Blackmoor
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by William Blackmoor »

Glad I could help :)

William
The Gem of Amara...
Official sponsor, of my killing you.