Kartakass: Chapter Six : A foreign land

Online roleplaying at the Café
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Inside the shop........

The woman eyed Cornelius with a smile. "Pray tell, my friend dwarf. What might you need these things for. You wouldn't be looking for some lycanthropes would you now?" As she spoke the woman moved from behind the counter and moved to stand near Cornelius. Though he was in admiration of her, something wasn't quite right. Then he looked at her and forgot what he was thinking just seconds before. He didn't want to disappoint his new friend after all.
Last edited by steveflam on Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Cornelius answers happily-

''Oh yes, lycanthropes, that's right. ''
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

William looks from the sky, where the owl is now disappearing into the Darkonian sky, to Van and then to the small piece of parchment in his hands.
"Well, what is it?" He says, still shocked by the bird's sudden appearance and disappearance.
lostboy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by lostboy »

Draven looks up from where he is sitting on the pavement cleaning his nails with a dagger. Spying the paper in Van's hand he throws a quizzical look at the mage. "What in the mists is going on?"
"I had a dream, which was not all a dream.
The bright sun was extinguish'd, and the stars
Did wander darkling in the eternal space..."
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Van reads the paper once, with the look of dread on his face. "The owner is a vampire! Holy Ezra!"
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Soon after Van has warned his companions, he sends a telepathic message to his hawk familiar.

"Ithan, please do a few circles and try to locate the owl or its owner, the man who has traveled with us by the ship. And please my friend pay very much attention!"
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

inside the shop-

Cornelius follows the woman around her shop, stopping now and then to examine the goods for sale.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Ithan flies off but, seeing as it is now dark his vision is not as good as it would be during the daytime, so he has no luck finding the owl. He returns a little bit later.

Inside the shop the woman purrs at Cornelius "Have you any friends with you? And what pray tell, is your name?" She reaches down and her fingernail traces along the dwarf's chin and cheek as she speaks.

Outside the shop........

As Van has declared the paper, luck is also with you beciase thanks to Lucius' keen eye he spots a few shapes coming out of an alley and headed towards you. All are cloaked and the total of them, eight in all, approach you with haste their weapons drawn!
lostboy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by lostboy »

[OOC: initiative 8 joy!]

"Looks like we have company" Draven says in a grim tone of voice as he whips his crossbow out in a blur, a bolt notched and ready.

Taking aim he looses a bolt at the leading cloaked figure.

[OOC: quick draw as swift action, then to hit: 19 damage: 7]
"I had a dream, which was not all a dream.
The bright sun was extinguish'd, and the stars
Did wander darkling in the eternal space..."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

inside the shop

Cornleius answers his new best friend:

''I'm Cornelius. My friends outside are Van, William, Alexander, Jacob, and Lucius. Would you like to know more about them? They are an interesting crew. ''

steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

The woman got a distant look for a moment as she looked towards the door, then looked down at Cornelius. "Of course, Cornelius" she cooed "Tell me all about your friends and what you are up to here in Darkon."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

tarlyn wrote:The woman got a distant look for a moment as she looked towards the door, then looked down at Cornelius. "Of course, Cornelius" she cooed "Tell me all about your friends and what you are up to here in Darkon."

''Sure. We are working for the Church of Ezra. We are really only passing through Darkon. We need to leave soon. Our mission is pretty important, so we cannot linger here. Too bad. Darkon is my home, and a lot of my old freinds live here.''

The dwarf mage stares up at the human woman, completely enraptured.

''All about them, eh? Well Van is a wizard like myself.
Oh yes, I'm a mage. My specialty is finding lost objects and hidden things. Van's more of a war wizard, I'd say. Very handy in a tight spot. H'es a good friend, and always there when he's needed.
William, he's a sailor by trade. Good man in a scrape, just like Van. He doesn't use magic, but he's fast with those firelocks he carries.
Alexander is our scout. He's quiet, not just when he's sneaking, either. Poor man's had a lot of trouble in his life, but he's doing better now, I think. Lucius is a clever fellow, well read, entertaining, a good healer, and not without some skill at magic. Then last there is Jacob. Jacob is a dockalfar- the second such I've known. He claims he's from another world entirely! It sounds incredible, but I've been there. We all have. It didn't seem so otherworldly, and I suppose it could have been a very large island in the mists. ''

steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

"That's so fascinating, Cornelius. I'm so glad we had this chance to chat. Now, what were you looking for and in what quantities? I'd like to reward you for your information. I have this wonderful wine I've been saving for a special occasion. Let me pour you some, you'll really like it, it packs a punch!"

She claps her hands together and moves and before Cornelius can blink it's as if she is behind the counter. She reaches beneath and removes an old looking bottle. Smiling she reaches again under the counter and retrieves a glass. She unstoppers the bottle and pours some in the glass, handing it to Cornelius.

"Try this and tell me it isn't the best thing you've ever tasted! I paid top coin for it through some associates and this is my last bottle. I don't think I've ever enjoyed a wine as much as I did this one. Drink up now, Cornelius."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

''Oh, why thank you! I love some good drink, yes, I do.''

Cornelius takes the cup and downs it in one gulp.

''Ah, pretty good stuff. It's got an interesting aftertaste...''

Ail
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ail »

Lucius almost panics when he sees the figures coming in their direction. He waves his hands and chants frantically, looking at his friends from the corner of his eye.

A moment later, a blob of some viscous plasma materializes in front of his hands and flies towards the running silhouettes, spreading in the ground just before their feet.

As his spell completes, Lucius turns around and cries desperately to his friends

"INSIDE! INSIDE! We must go help Cornelius!"

It may not be the best of decisions, but in the tension of split-second decisions, facing a lone vampire seems to be easier than 8 unknown enemies.

[OOC: Spell cast is Grease]
Zumba d'Oxossi (A Stitch in Souragne)
Brother Eustace (The Devil's Dreams)
Robert de Moureaux (A New Barovia)