Kartakass: Chapter Six : A foreign land

Online roleplaying at the Café
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Van prefers to remain silence. Something to that man bothers him, many coincidence... Same ship, he gave them the book, he is a wizard he wants to know what kind of undead they have fought and what is their task..

The wizard eats without talking but he keeps studying the man.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

The vessel travels on for six more days before arriving at the bustling port of Martira Bay. The old man bids you all adieux and disappears into the hustle and bustle which is the port of the city. You disembark and manage to get out of the port and into the city. It takes you most of two hours.

"Where do we go now? I am not of this land and thus, leave it to you to lead me, friends. From what I've learned of you, perhaps we should venture to the main Temple of Ezra here? We may find some answers and perhaps more there, no?"
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Van looks around really happy that he is back.

"Don't worry Jacob, I'm from Martira Bay, I have a house here and we can stay they there if you want. Of course don't expect a palace but there is enough room for all of us. I think it's better go there, rest and discuss what to do next. What do you say?"
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

"The sea voyage was rather long. That was my first sea voyage. I think it went as well as can be expected. The book the old man gave us should come in handy for our endeavors. As for going to Van's home and resting first, then deciding what our course of action is, I agree."

The dark elf frowns, before adding "I think we should go to this Temple and inform them of Tarlyn's demise and how your mission has gone thus far. As I've said before, I will help you in whatever it is you seek."
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"I agree lets go to the temple first and then to my house to rest and decide what to do."
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

And so the party heads through the streets of Martira Bay to the Temple of Ezra. Passing through the doors, you walk down the temple in search of the High Priest. As you walk down the center aisle a young acolyte approaches you. "Good day, sirs. How might I be of service to you this day?"
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Cornelius steps forward and says-

'' Take us to the headman. We need to make a report right away.''
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
Ail
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ail »

Lucius approaches the servant as soon as Cornelius finishes speaking, and says in a more conciliatory tone

"Please, do not mind our manners, as we're exhausted from a long journey and do have a serious business to report. Here, I am Lucius Plancturus of the Church of Ezra in Dementlieu. I departed from there on a mission to the church and this is the first time since then I've been in a place where a home temple could be found.

If you could be so kind, would you shows us to the Sentire?"
Zumba d'Oxossi (A Stitch in Souragne)
Brother Eustace (The Devil's Dreams)
Robert de Moureaux (A New Barovia)
lostboy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by lostboy »

You would have thought being back on homesoil would have cheered Draven up, but after all the revelations and happenings after his last visit to Darkon, it was all bittersweet. "Still good to get off that ship" he mutters to no-one in particular as they enter the temple.

Watching Lucius and Cornelius talk to the acolyte he keeps quiet just taking in the surroundings and wondering how the rather dismal news thay have so far will go over.
"I had a dream, which was not all a dream.
The bright sun was extinguish'd, and the stars
Did wander darkling in the eternal space..."
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

The acolyte is taken aback at first by Cornelius' abrupt manner. Then Lucius smoothes over the situation. He appeared unsure of what to do.
Can't just let strangers see the Sentire. And they are accompanied by an elf. Hmmm... an elf... say, the Sentire Dentor has been waiting word from an elf named Tarlyn and his group. Could this be that very group?

"Pardon me, sir elf, are you Tarlyn?"

Jacob looks at the young man and smiles. "No, I am not he. But this is the group he was with, minus three members. They are here to report on the mission. If you would tell Sentire Lucius Dentor that they are here to report, would be much appreciated, young sir."

The young man nodded and turned heel, hurrying to the back of the temple and heading to the right and through a door. A few minutes pass and he returns, faster than before. "The Sentire will see you now. Please, follow me."

The man turns and heads back to the door at the back. Here he steps aside and tells you all "Take the stairs below and the first door on the right is his Sentire Lucius Dentor's office. He anxiously awaits you below. I bid you a good day. Ezra be with you." He moves off as you take the stairs below and arrive at the Sentire's office.

It is a modest office, but big enough to accomodate you all. Books line three walls and the fourth has a door. There are chairs enough for you all, except for Jacob. He stands near the door and leans on it as you all sit. An elderly, balding man is at a desk and beckons you in "Come in, come in! Please do sit. I've been waiting anxiously for news from Tarlyn and his party. Speaking of which, where is Tarlyn and aren't you short a few members? Who is that?"

The man gestures to Jacob, before adding. "And lastly, how goes your quest?"
Ail
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ail »

Lucius takes the fore, and with somewhat of an apologetic look he says

"I'm afraid we don't have good news, Sentire. The ones you see here are what is left of the party. Tarlyn met his demise in the steaming lands of Sri Raji. A true hero's death, if I may add. Why we ever went there you may ask, but it was not of our doing: we were led astray by the mists.

In fact, that's why we're here now, as the only boat sailing from that region was bound here. We've been to Kartakass, sir, and we found that Harkon Lukas was quite an ambiguous person to deal with. We were beginning to uncover a plot by some group that seemed to be targeting us when we were diverted from our path, as I said, to Sri Raji", Lucius figured there was no need to talk about their foray into another universe. The Sentire sure wouldn't be happy that mission was still incomplete, he would frown much more if he knew they had been wasting much of their time.

"We found Jacob, the elf you see here, en route, and he has proved as loyal and staunch a friend as Tarlyn was. As for our other two members, they left us at different moments pressed by their own impossibility to continue.

As for Kartakass, we have identified the prevalent threat there as being shapechangers of some sort, and so we now seek to make some research into them and return to Kartakass as soon as possible", No need for him to know about Cornelius' book either, he thought.
Zumba d'Oxossi (A Stitch in Souragne)
Brother Eustace (The Devil's Dreams)
Robert de Moureaux (A New Barovia)
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Cornelius interjects-

''Yes, we're all very eager to be on our way. There's work that needs doing, after all!''
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Van nods in agreement with Cornelius' words.
Last edited by VAN on Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
- W H A T ! ? !
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

William stands silently in the back of the room, awaiting the Sentire's response to the party.
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

The Sentire listens with interest to Lucius' recounting of what had happened thus far. He was saddened by the fact that Tarlyn had perished, but htese things happend in the line of fire. This Jacob seemed a capable replacement as it were, for the deceased Tarlyn. The important thing here was to continue and head back to Kartakass.

"I thank you for your recounting of your exploits thus far. It is nice to meet you, Jacob. As for you all, I am saddened by the loss of Tarlyn. He will be sorely missed. I still think you should all return to Kartakass and continue the mission. By now I'm sure Tarlyn had told you but these items are quite powerful and the Temple of Ezra feels they should be returned to us. If there is nothing further, I will arrange for you to have horses and fresh supplies.

I have only heard of this Sri Raji through acquaintances from another Temple. Upon your return I'd like very much to hear more of this land. Yes the mists are quite fickle at times, from what I've been told. Now you should go find refuge at the nearest Inn, the Happy Goat, and the Temple will arrange for your rooms and meals this day. The stables will have your supplies and horses on the morrow. I bid you good luck and may Ezra be with you."