The DarkLord 'Stalker'

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Manofevil
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

The DarkLord 'Stalker'

Post by Manofevil »

Having had something of an experience with a stalker recently, an idea has struck me for a Ravenloft character.
I suppose the notion of someone stalking a DarkLord for romantic reasons is rather ludicrous. Still, the mists have grants powers for less. So let's conceptualize...

Our stalker, let's name her Natasha after my stalker, enters a realm and comes into contact with its DarkLord. She developes a romantic obsession with that DarkLord and begins to stalk them. Every time she meets with the DarkLord, she attempts to charm them or even seduce them. The DarkLord never responds positively. There is always something about her that repulses them. When they try to use their greater powers to destroy her, something prevents them from succeeding. (Spells misfire, blows miss, The DarkLord's arms cramp, you get the idea.) The more Natasha learns about the DarkLord in question, the more she is attracted to them...and the more they are repulsed. Each DarkLord finds this woman to be a serious impediment to their business. Attempts to assassinate her by any of them go catastrophicly wrong, sometimes through the direct intervention of the mists themselves. To be rid of her, a DarkLord must trick her into crossing the border. A simple task if the DarkLord had any way of KNOWING this. So each DarkLord goes through a long series of attempts to be rid of her before they simply ask her to go to the next realm and pick something up for them. then the minute she crosses the border, her obsession with that DarkLord vanishes. She doesn't FORGET them, but never understands what it was she saw in them. She quickly finds the next DarkLord and develops her next obsession.

Clearly, this character wouldn't work with DarkLords like The Nightmare Court, The God Brain, Gwidion, The hive Queen, or King Crocodile, so the mists never let her cross into those realms. They just funnel her to a realm with a more humanoid DarkLord. I don't see gender being a barrier to this character. She'll obsess on female DarkLords same as male.

Whadayou guys think. I think a lot of fun could be had with this character.
Do us a favor Luv, Stick yer 'ead in a bucket a kick it!

So, gentlemen, that's how it is. Until Grissome.... resurfaces, I'm the acting president, and I say starting with this... anniversary festival, we run this city into the ground! :D
Hazgarn
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Hazgarn »

Having her show up in Scaena might be amusing, since it's probably one of the smallest domains there is, if not the smallest. Juste might even dig having a fan in the beginning, but it would wear thin...and become very interesting if Juste was prevented from removing her from the theater.
Deranged Comics Fan
Strife-monger
Daughter of a Troll
Garudos Celestar
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Garudos Celestar »

Hazgarn wrote:Having her show up in Scaena might be amusing, since it's probably one of the smallest domains there is, if not the smallest.
Technically, I think that title would go to Aggarath, seeing as it's the size of a one-inch ruby. Of course, it's a lot bigger on the inside...
[i]"I too have begun to wonder about the legendary wisdom of our guardian angel and his pet rock."
~ Evee Beiderbecke[/i]
Manofevil
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Manofevil »

I'm also wondering if it would work with Tristessa or the Hags. Any ideas there?

So, gentlemen, that's how it is. Until Grissome.... resurfaces, I'm the acting president, and I say starting with this... anniversary festival, we run this city into the ground! :D
Antifascist
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Antifascist »

Manofevil wrote:I'm also wondering if it would work with Tristessa or the Hags. Any ideas there?
I am pretty sure that unless this stalker is a baby, then Tristessa is just going to kill the stalker outright. Of course, even if it is a baby, she is still just going to kill the stalker.

But the hags, that could work. Especially beacuse one of their known weaknesses is the fact that they get jealous of each other. Perhaps none of the hags like the stalker until she picks one of them, at which point the other two get jealous. Maybe the stalker changes positions then.

or maybe even one of the hags figures out that the stalker is dangerous (for whatever reason) and that the way to get rid of the stalker is to get the stalker to leave Tepest, but the hag who is the recpient of the stalker's attentions at this time refuses to believe the other hag(s) about the danger of the stalker, let alone the idea that the stalker leaving Tepest is a good idea. Of course, once the stalker's attentions went to another hag, the former recipient will get jealous and so on...

You get the idea. My point is that this could really work with the hags.
Tykus
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Tykus »

The idea has merit. If you want some creepy supernatural ideas for a stalker, check out Ghost Whisperer (hey, it's better than Medium story-wise). JLH's character had to help a ghost crossover by helping her catch the man that stalked her. That guy was so creepy. He actually believed in ghosts and became fixated on Hewitt's character. So much so, in fact, that when he saw he was about to be arrested, he committed suicide to continues stalking JLH (then again, who wouldn't) but some more powerful evil captured him and--ahem--spirited him away.
Manofevil
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Manofevil »

Antifascist wrote: I am pretty sure that unless this stalker is a baby, then Tristessa is just going to kill the stalker outright. Of course, even if it is a baby, she is still just going to kill the stalker.
Well remember that when the DarkLord tries to kill the stalker, they always find that they can't. Basicly the equivalent of rolling double zeroes.

Great ideas with the Hags. though :lol:

I've decided to write this into a fanfic. Look to that board to see what I manage to do with it. Hopefully, I'll be able to pursue this story more than I proved to be able to do with my first one. :cry: :oops:

Antifascist
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Antifascist »

Well, then what I meant to say is that all she would probably do is tryto kill the stalker. :D

I love the concept, and I will probably steal it for my upcoming RL campaign. Are you going to use Tristessa in the fanfic? There may be a way to use this concept with her, especially if the stalker was a ghost of (or perhaps just really similar to) one of her old spider-cult followers or something of that nature. Then Tristessa would have a reason to attempt to kill the stalker, plus she would have a reason to want the stalker gone.
That's the best I can do for her. Surely there is someone more creative who can knock this ball out of the park though.
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Post by Rotipher of the FoS »

Trouble is, Tristessa probably wouldn't remember that she's trying to kill the stalker for very long. The banshee's even screwier in the head than the stalker, and would most likely forget about her "fan" entirely, as soon as she resumes obsessing over her lost baby.

Granted, this situation would be incredibly frustrating for the stalker, so maybe it's an interesting match after all. :wink:
"Who [u]cares[/u] what the Dark Powers are? They're [i]bastards![/i] That's all I need to know of them." -- Crow
Manofevil
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Manofevil »

I wasn't going to get to Tristessa for a while so we can discuss this for some time. I want the stalker to be alive with blood and a pulse. Still Tristessa could easily MISTAKE her for one of her former followers, for as Rotipher said, she's crazier than the stalker.