Kartakass : Chapter Five

Online roleplaying at the Café
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

VAN wrote:
Turning to the dwarf he says:

"Cornelius, you talked to me about a divination spell that you have. Maybe this is the right time to use it."

Looking up from a cursory inspection of Tarlyn's wounds, Cornelius replies to Van-

''Yes, this would be a good time, let's just make sure Tarlyn will be well, then I can work a scrying.''
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

William absently nods in appreciation as he is handed the bottle of elven wine. He takes a short moment to examine the bottle before turning towards Alexander.
"Doesn't he 'ave somethin that keeps him in check?" William asks, never taking his eyes off Alexander.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Van nods to Cornelius and then focuses on Draven:

"How do you feel Alexander? Do you want something to eat or drink?"
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Jacob turns to Cornelius and Lucius once they're done eating and join him. As they arrive they see the seriousness of the injuries Tarlyn's sustained. His arm hangs from the armpit by a mere strand of tendon. The muscle, bone and other tendons are gone. It's a gruesome and sombre sight that greets your eyes. Jacob looks up at you both "I think there's no easy way to put this, guys. I tried a powerful healing spell before, the HEAL spell, and it did nothing. I fear we'll have to remove it and have it regenerated. I am not competent enough to cast the spell but have a potion in my pouch that will do the trick. Luckily I've never lost a limb, otherwise Tarlyn would be one arm less. Cornelius, pass me the rotgut I gave you, I'll only use it to spatter around the wound once I remove the arm."

Jacob accepts the bottle with a nod and looks grimly at both Lucius and Cornelius. He breathes deeply. Once.... twice...... "Ok hold him down while I cut the remaining strands and remove the arm." Jacob removes a dagger from his belt and nods to both men. " Ready? Ok..... One..... Two......Hold Him!" Jacob hisses as he cuts the remaining strands and removes the arm gently as he can. Tarlyn's eyes open and he yells a few incoherent words before his eyes roll up into his head and he loses conciousness once again.

"Quickly now. Massage his throat while I pour the potion down his throat." Jacob reaches into his pouch and removes a vial. He nods to himself as he unstoppers it. Looking to Cornelius and Lucius he nods and moves the vial to Tarlyn's lips. He opens the unconscious drow's lips with the fingers of his left hand. Then he pries apart his teeth. With his right hand he begins pouring the potion as Cornelius and Lucius massage Tarlyn's neck. It takes a few minutes but Tarlyn does swallow the potion. once it is swallowed you can see the results as the arm begins growing back before your eyes! Within a few minutes it has grown back.

Jacob breathes a sigh of relief as he wipes his sweaty brow. He clutches his holy symbol and incants a spell as he places his hand on Tarlyn's body. Looking to the man and dwarf he says. "I have cast Remove Disease on Tarlyn. I don't know if he's been infected or if my spell will help if he has been. I'll meditate later and see what our options are. What do both of you know of these matters? In the Forgotten Realms it can be removed magically." Jacob picks up Tarlyn's old arm and utters a few arcane phrases. A green ray emits from his fingers and the stump disintegrates.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

''Assuming those things back there were in fact werewolves which are able to transmit their condition by tooth and claw...well, it's supposed to be more a magical curse than a mundane disease. I'm not completely certain, of course, but I'm given to understand that the cure is rather more involved than a simple spell. Some sort of purifying ritual may be needed, if he begins to show signs of being afflicted with lycanthropy.''

Cornelius then picks up the bottle of rotgut and takes a swig.

''Ahhhhh, nice.''

He turns to Van and Lucius, asking,

''I'm going to scry for one of our pair of missing men-but which one should I look for?''
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Van notices how well Jacob looks after Tarlyn. They were really lucky Jacob get into their lives. When the arm is regenerated he says with a relief:

"Thank you Jacob! Your spell was awesome!"

Then turns to Cornelius and says:

"I think you should scry on Dominic, the 2nd guy that is lost. We know his name so I think the spell has pretty good chances to succeed."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

''Dominic it is. I'll prepare the ritual now. Could you gather any items we have that are in any way conncted with him, or tell me anything I don't already know about the man? It will help.''

Cornelius waits for Van's answer.

Ail
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ail »

Lucius' face turns somber as he addresses Jacob's question.

"I'm not as confident as you, Jacob. From the time I spent in the church, I heard many times high-standing priest shaking their heads at the prospect of the cure of lycanthropy... I should know, that's what brought me into the cloth the first time. My fiancée... she was lost to that, and I had to kill her myself with the assistance of some priests of Ezra.

They assured me there was a cure, but nothing as easy as casting a spell, I'm afraid.

But on the other hand, from what I heard about were-wolves, I never heard that they could easily resist spells, so we might be lucky, and perhaps these were not werewolves..."
Zumba d'Oxossi (A Stitch in Souragne)
Brother Eustace (The Devil's Dreams)
Robert de Moureaux (A New Barovia)
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"Well, I only know what Tarlyn told us the others night. I think Tarlyn is the only one who can tell you something more. Maybe you should cast your spell in the morning when he will wake up. Or try it now and hope to be lucky and the information that we already have are enough."
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

"I suggest we wait for Tarlyn to awaken in the morning. He needs to rest after that ordeal. Might we discuss our next move then? See what our options are, so to speak?"
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"Well, I think our next move depends on the spell. If it succeeds we will find out where is Dominic and we can go after him. If the spell fails, we should or trust Harkon Lukas and go to pay a visit the guy he told us or we can continue ask around in other cities about Dominic and pray to get lucky. What do you think?"
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Jacob appears to think about it for a moment, then replies"I like that idea and I don't. After what hapened at the Inn, I doubt we'll be welcome in Harmonia. That and the fact that the remaining were-wolves will probably be after us now. I fear it might not be safe to return there. This source of Harkon's. How reliable is he? Was it a trap? I'd rather use Cornelius spell. I might be able to help as well. WHat spell do you plan using, Cornelius?"
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

''I have a ritual of scrying that may prove useful. In fact, I can begin it now. If you can assist, please do so.''

With that, Cornelius sits down to cast the spell....

[OOC Scrying, focused on Dominic, and using any items we have that are in any way connected with him]

steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

"That doesn't bode well, Lucius. I'll look into it after Cornelius finishes casting his spell. Go ahead Cornelius, I'll cast my Commune afterwards. Perhaps Divination as well."

Cornelius begins chanting and moving his fingers, the spell begun. As he casts, the room begins filling with mists and the cabin goes dark. A huge explosion rocks the cabin and you all fall. A strange scent fills the inside of the cabin and suddenly you all feel tired. Soon enough you are all sleeping.

The game continues here!

http://www.fraternityofshadows.com/foru ... 9202#89202