You in Ravenloft

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

You in Ravenloft

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

I'm curious. If you, the person you are in what we generally consider 'real life', were to suddenly and unexpectedly (not to mention inexplicably) be snatched up by the Mists and dumped somewhere in the demiplane of dread ... Into what kind of character do you think you'd translate? And what would you do, considering you know what you know about the demiplane?
ScS of the Fraternity

Post by ScS of the Fraternity »

I think we did this thread before.

I still stand by my former answer: I translate into a low, low level expert, and so make the best of the situation, park myself in a tavern, act mysterious and just make up random adventure hooks.

"You people look like travelers. You best stay away from that castle on the hill. Some people say its haunted..."

Of course, we're hitting 4th edition now, so I might very well qualify as an Ogre Assassin/Paladin for all I know.
Evil Reigns!!!!
Lost Heretic
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Lost Heretic »

Yeah, I'd be a low level expert with knowledge revolving around construction and engineering.

And I'd probably be some beasties lunch, eventually. :p
Archedius
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Archedius »

at best a low level warrior (Rather good at martial arts and rather strong). My first encounter w/ an undead would likely be the end of me- I have a fatal facination w/ zombies. They scare me the most out of any monster and I'd probably do somethign stupid in my fright.
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

I would be a high level wizard with a ton of powerful spells! Oh, wait... perhaps a 3rd level exprert or Aristocrat 1/expert 2 with delusions of grandeur.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Undead Cabbage
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Location: In one of Neil Gaiman's books, or at least I wish I was.

Post by Undead Cabbage »

3rd level expert, 3rd level scholar, on my way to becoming a 5th level scholar. After that I'll revert back to expert levels. My highest skills are Craft (Drawing), Knowledge (Life Sciences), and Perform (Teacher/Oration).

Of anywhere I'd fit best in Lamordia. Being Canadian, I can take the cold, and can appreciate a nation that doesn't involve itself in war :wink:. I would make multiple trips to Mordent, Dementlieu, and Paridon for the sights and culture, but always be glad to return to my safe little cottage. I'd probably be considered a 'Halan' in my beliefs.

I call being Rotipher's assistant!
Lord Soth
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Soth »

I'd probably end up a corpse, which is the fate that'd probably befall most of us. Unless, of course, we happen to run into a red robed Gnome Wizard who zaps us with some kind of spell that gives us class levels, before tossing us powerful artifacts.
DocBeard
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by DocBeard »

And a pet unicorn?
Lord Soth
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Soth »

Always useful for those lean times.
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

Professional golf player.
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

ScS of the Fraternity wrote:I think we did this thread before.
Sorry, but I wasn't around then. ^^ The great risk of getting new people in a forum is that they will, completely innocently, bring up old topics from time to time, n'est-ce pas?
HuManBing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by HuManBing »

Rock wrote:
ScS of the Fraternity wrote:I think we did this thread before.
Sorry, but I wasn't around then. ^^ The great risk of getting new people in a forum is that they will, completely innocently, bring up old topics from time to time, n'est-ce pas?
You have a skill for necromancy ;)

I'd be a writer or possibly a lawyer, which would mean I'd have to be in a more advanced domain to stand any chance of survival. (I used to do martial arts but I haven't done that in a while, and the cheap-ass 3.5 rules say once you switch out of Monk class you can never go back, thus making the class suck twice as bad.)

So I might be a journalist or lawyer with occasional moonlighting as an author, in Darkon maybe. It would be nice to go someplace where your past doesn't follow you.
cure
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by cure »

Rafael wrote:Professional golf player.
Lucky for your that Forlorn is being clear cut from end to end for golfing! And there is also a fanatic water trap, to say nothing of a few remaining roving trees, and of course the rough is a killer.
The cure for what ails you
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by NeoTiamat »

I'd probably try to set myself up as a sage (low level expert with fairly ecletic skill choice), given my extensive but quite random occult knowledge. Given my amoral tendencies, I'd likely end up as a minion for some vampire or mad scientist.

Fifty-fifty I get killed by my boss in some painful way or I get caught by the heroes and try to beg for my life.
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Post by Wiccy of the Fraternity »

Hmm, let me see... Sorcerer 4/Druid 4/Hallowed Witch 10 (by now at least). However, given my own skills I would have have a stupidly high Knowledge (Religion) skill along with Craft (Drawing), Perform (Sing), Knowledge (folklore), Knowledge (local), lots of other knowledge skills and a few useful feats that would enhance roleplaying and be utterly useless in combat (coz I'm utterly uselessin combat). I would be Jaded though, that's very important ;)

In fights I'd wollop people with my walking stick (magic item that allows me to smite Tepestani Inquisitors and Black Witches) followed up by a swift kick with deadly steel toed boots :twisted:

Mostly likely I'd be found just about anywhere talking to people about philosophy, history, religion or just found drunk in some tavern prattling on about random stuff, lol.
Swallow your soul!