Hazlan: Chapter Four

Online roleplaying at the Café
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Jacob and Tarlyn consult one another and seem to come to an understanding. "Well as you are undecided, and if it is indeed a trio of hags, we would rather move on. I think making it to Kartakass in more important than stopping here and perhaps diminishing our party. Three hags can be a tricky business even if you are accomplished like Jacob or I. I say we move on." Tarlyn decrees to everyone.

"I am in agreement with Tarlyn. Let us move on and get to this .. um.... Kartakass? You indeed have some tales for me as I for you. Let us move on and camp elsewhere. There we can relax and discuss amongst ourselves in a rather nice house I can create thorugh my arcane magic" says Jacob.

Tarlyn and Jacob wait for the party to get back on their horses and continue onwards. Tarlyn keeps to the front as always, scouting ahead for the party. You arrive at the edge of a forest after the mountains. In plain sight you can clearly see the castle now. Jacob finds a spot and asks you keep away for a few moments while he creates a home for you all. After a few minutes of preparing and surveying the area, he nods in satisfaction.

A few minutes later a cottage is in your midst. Just what you needed to relax a little and at the same time, you've acquired some privacy.
lostboy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by lostboy »

Draven looks at the cottage in something akin to wonder, or he would have done if he didnt look so sick, the feelings had come ovr him since the interval with the goblins. Perhaps tonight I may sleep, he hopes looking at the small welcoming building.

"Perhaps a good thing you came with us eh?" he whispers in a cracked voice to Jacob.
"I had a dream, which was not all a dream.
The bright sun was extinguish'd, and the stars
Did wander darkling in the eternal space..."
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Van looks surprised the cottage, he has never seen something like that before. So he asks:

"Jacob, what spell can do a cottage like this? I know "Tiny Hut", the spell our friend Cornelius casts. I do hope that you are willing to share your knowledge of spells and magic with us. Actually, I don't feel very tired, maybe we can discuss about it today...What do you say?"

Van knows that the drow is probably tired and maybe not in the right mood to share spells, but he cannot help it to ask, magic is always the most important thing for the wizard.
Last edited by VAN on Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Jacob looks at Van and smiles. "Perhaps. Any of you whom cast arcane or divine spells just give me a few minutes to settle in and then we can have a conversation about such topics. The spell I cast was Secure Shelter by the way."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

''I'm certainly up for swapping tales and spell-lore. My specialty is finding losts objects, hidden treasures, and missing persons by way off magecraft. ''

Cornelius sits down iinside the cottage and makes himswelf comfortable. He opens his napsack and takes out a brown rock lizard a bit larger than his hand. ''Hungry, my boy?'' He proceeds to feed the creature a handful of fat, wriggling grubs from out of a little earthware jar.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

"Actually I think I will take a look around the area. Wanna make sure we are good to rest here." William speaks in a hollow monotone voice, never taking his eyes away from the magic cottage.
He then slowly turns away and begins to scout out the surrounding area by doing a perimeter sweep.

...Don't think I will be settin foot in yer fancy magic house...don't trust this one, no sir...

Williams thoughts splurge further into his personal paranoia as he spend the better part of an hour surveying the site before making his own camp outside the cottage about 20 yards away.
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Tarlyn left the spellcasters to their fun and went off to secure the perimeter. It appeared to be safe. Quiet actually. Normal considering most forests and woods in these lands were quiet except for the howling of wolves. No wolves here, which was a good thing, all things considered. He returned to the safehouse and spotted William. Heading for him he waved and when he was near him, asked quietly . "You don't wish to share the hospitality of Jacob? I sense you don't feel comfortable around he, or I for that matter. Might we talk a bit? I don't know much about any of you. I can also keep you company and awake for the watch, if that is your intention. Maybe we can swap tales of our backgrounds, if you like Or better yet I can relate to you how I ended up here with you people."

Jacob rested his eyes a moment as he thought about how he had arrived here. Odd occerence. Perhaps these mists brought me here to help these people. I wonder why they are so adamant about this Kartakass? And I still can't believe I have met another drow like I. One who doesn't follow the spider bitch.

Approaching the others, he sat in a chair and smiled. "So, tell me of you travels and this Tarlyn, if you would."
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Van sits to a chair beside Jacob and says:

"Well, we are hired to go to Kartakass and see if two men are alive and retrieve two important items. As about Tarlyn, he is our guide, we don't know him well actually, but he has helped us very much when we encountered troubles. As about us, we are all natives of this plane, we are all from Darkon. I hope you want to join us to Kartkass, your skills will be very useful to us.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Jacob nods to Van. "Give me a moment please, my spell is fading. It has been a while since I cast the tongue spell."

Removing a small clay temple from a pouch, he recasts the same spell. Then he casts a different spell after, with no component and smiles with satisfaction.

[OOC: Spellcraft to know his second spell.]

"That's better! I don't see why I wouldn't stay with you. You seem like decent enough people. Er Draven is it" he points to Alexander "come join us. Yes so where was I? So we are headed for this Kartakass. What should I know about this place?" Looking to Cornelius he asks "Have you had any luck in finding objects?"
lostboy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by lostboy »

Draven looks back as his name is uttered with a weak smile. "A moment if you please, there is somethign I must attend to first." Staggering slightly he enters the cottage looking for some privacy."

A few minutes later he returns, looking far less sick, although still moving a little gingerly. Seating himself at the edge of the others, he wraps his arms aorund his kneses and looks around the group "Sorry what were we dicussing?"
"I had a dream, which was not all a dream.
The bright sun was extinguish'd, and the stars
Did wander darkling in the eternal space..."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Cornelius replies-

''I have spells for finding objects, yes. ''
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

tarlyn wrote:Tarlyn left the spellcasters to their fun and went off to secure the perimeter. It appeared to be safe. Quiet actually. Normal considering most forests and woods in these lands were quiet except for the howling of wolves. No wolves here, which was a good thing, all things considered. He returned to the safehouse and spotted William. Heading for him he waved and when he was near him, asked quietly . "You don't wish to share the hospitality of Jacob? I sense you don't feel comfortable around he, or I for that matter. Might we talk a bit? I don't know much about any of you. I can also keep you company and awake for the watch, if that is your intention. Maybe we can swap tales of our backgrounds, if you like Or better yet I can relate to you how I ended up here with you people."
William uncomfortable nods at Tarlyns suggestion. "Aye, theres needin a clearing of air. I don't mind being obvious about my uncomfortableness in this situation. I think the fact that you came back when we were in a bind is a bit too convenient. And this other dark elf fella, appearin in our path? That strikes me as just as terribly convenient. And the proposition of a side track off our mission seems about as shady to me as a welcoming smile in a dark alley...on the other hand, I dont have alot of choice about what course I take...I set out to do this mission and I am gonna finish it. And if you are Tarlyn and the other one is who he says he is, we don't have a problem. But if I find out otherwise, I will make sure the others are safe and able to finish the job."
William finishes his speech and looks Tarlyn in the eye.
"As far as my background, that don't much concern anyone. What I told you that night when we met is sufficient. Everything else is just a bad dream."
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Tarlyn nods at William. "Indeed I can see what you mean. I can't speak for Jacob as we've just met. I can say this though. I am not knowledgeable in theology, but I can tell you that Lathander, the morninglord is a good god. What I know of him personally is that they are good at combatting the undead."

"As for me, well. Where to start. The last time I saw you was in Nova Vaasa. I went ahead to scout and was ambushed. Many of those shapechanging bastards were waiting for me. I was with them for what felt like weeks or months, stripped of my posessions and magically held in check. Their downfall was that they misudged my aptitudes. I am capable of casting a few spells, without having to study for them. One morning they became lackadaisical in my capture and I was successful in casting a spell. I killed my kidnappers. I am not a moral person but I did keep a proof of these shapechangers in my magical bag."

"Well anyways I followed your trail, knowing which way you were headed and found Ms Sefi in Ramulai. The rest you know."

"Yes , but have you been successful with your spells?" Jacob says to Cornelius before turning to the others. "Make yourself comfortable, Alexander."

"So tell me how far have you advanced in your magical studies, Van, Lucius and Cornelius?"
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"You did permamency! Cool spell that one!" Exclaims Van as recognises Jacob's spell.

Then he continues:

"As about me, well, I'm an evoker and I can cast spells like fireball, lightingbolt, haste etc. I think you can understand how advance I'm, almost an apprentice comparing you...Also I like very much magic and spells and I'd be honoured if you want to shrare some of yours spells with me." Says Van very excited only with a thought that a wizard like Jacob might give him some spells.
- W H A T ! ? !
Ail
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ail »

Lucius adjusts in his chair, frankly pleases with Jacob's tone of voice and demeanour.

"I am actually a history teacher, but I've always had a liking for the occult. Magic was a natural thing I found through forbidden books hidden from everyone else, so I'm not that much proficient. I tended to focus on spells that could give me an advantage over others, hiding from them or learning secrets". He blushes slightly when saying this, then continues.

"There came a time in my life where my peaceful world was shattered by tragedy, and a sense of guilt for not being able to avert it. I turned to religion for solace and redemption, and found I was fascinated with Undeath and Demonism. Not to practice them, mind it, but to learn to fight them. I'm still beginning my studies in this area, but that's where I'd like to venture next."
Zumba d'Oxossi (A Stitch in Souragne)
Brother Eustace (The Devil's Dreams)
Robert de Moureaux (A New Barovia)