Hazlan: Chapter Four

Online roleplaying at the Café
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Cornelius cleans the vegetables. First he carefully picks out any bugs or worms clinging to the roots and such- which he promptly feeds to his pet lizard. Then he scrubs off the remaining dirt and hands the vegetables to Jacob.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Jacob accepts the vegetables, and drops them in a pot. Reaching into his bag he removes a container. Opening it, he sprinkles some of it's contents into the pot. He puts away the container and brings a sharp looking knife from his belt and picking up a vegetable, begins slicing it in perfect slices. He's definitely done this before. As he chops the vegetables he looks at the others. "You're in for a treat. I will fry these vegetables and spice them nicely. Besides, didn't yur mothers tell you vegetables were good for you?" Jacob laughs as he says this.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Van despite he knows nothing about cooking he goes to help Jacob and Cornelius.

"Guys, I'm not a cook, but if you need a hand let me know. I bet your mother is a great cook Cornelius, but as you described it, this bread will be very tasteful, but a bit...heavy. I would need something to help me digest it after eating it!" Says Van with a smile.

Then he addresses Jacob:

"I have to confess that I don't know Ellistrae, I remember only Loth from my religion studies about drow's deities. Are there many dark elves that worship her?"
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

'' We eat a lot of these earth apples , back home. Good fried, especially with some goat cheese curds on top. Mmmmmm....''
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

"I have to confess that I don't know Ellistrae, I remember only Loth from my religion studies about drow's deities. Are there many dark elves that worship her?"
"Well Eilistraee is not a well known deity. If you look at the total populaiton of the drow in Faerun I'd say a small percentage of them worship her. Drow live in the underdark and those who do worship her, live on the surface. Of course as you can imagine drow are not too welcome anywhere, so it is hard for them to spread the word of EIlistraee. She is known as the dancing maiden, the goddess of song and beauty. Most preists are female but I have heard of a male or two being a priest of her."

Jacob pauses. "And it is good you know as little as possible about Llolth. The spider queen! I prefer to not think of her , but instead think of my deity Lathander, the morninglord!"
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

''Ha, if Valerian were here, he might give you a sermon, Jacob. I'll miss him- he was a solid sort of fellow.''

steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

"Valerian, hmmm? Is he a fallen comrade? And as for sermons, I have heard many a sermon from my mother and my superiors at the Temple of Lathander in Waterdeep!"
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

''No, not fallen. He just had other matters to attend to, and so he parted ways with us. ''

VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Van laughs with Cornelius comment, Valerian would indeed give him a sermon!

"Actually he was our companion from the beggining till...yesterday. But he got other orders from his superiors and left. He is a great cleric and a good fighter too."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Cornelius sticks his head up over the counter to smell the food being cooked.

steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Jacob hums as he stirs the vegetables in the frying pan. Reaching into his pouch he removes a flask. WIggling his eyebrows at Van and Cornelius he unstoppers it with his teeth and pours what looks to be oil into the pan. It smells nice. He stops stirring if only to cork the flask and put it away. Removing another container he opens it and dabs out what smells like rosemary. It is beginning to smell good! Looking to Cornelius he frowns.

"How rude of me!" He utters a few phrases and a stool appears next to Cornelius, so he can observe the frying of the vegetables!.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Thank you Jacob.'' Cornelius climbs onto the stool and watches the cooking proceed.

steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

"Well the vegetables are ready, as you can attest. Sure do smell good." Jacob smiles as he smells them. "Now as soon as tarlyn comes back with some meat, I can cook it in elvish wine. Very tasty indeed."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

''Cannot say as I've had elf-wine. I'm sure it's good. Ah, you should try the aquavit we distill back home- it's flammable!''

steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Jacob looks at Cornelius and smiles. "If that's anything like the rotgut of the grey dwarves, the duergar, well I hear that can burn the hair off your chest!"