Hearts of Ravenkind (Discussion)

Fiction about Ravenloft or Gothic Earth
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Post by Rotipher of the FoS »

Isabella wrote:Such harsh words for the renowned George Weathermay! :D
Heh heh. No kidding ... and should a devout Ezran really be using so much foul language in Her church, in front of one of his proteges? Even if he is in the middle of his "Dr. Smackdown" routine. :lol:
"Who [u]cares[/u] what the Dark Powers are? They're [i]bastards![/i] That's all I need to know of them." -- Crow
Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Isabella »

DocBeard wrote: Man, I wish I could draw. I've always wanted to make a comic.
It only takes practice, Doc! :P
"No, but evil is still being — Is having reason — Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
Phantom of the Sketchbook
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Phantom of the Sketchbook »

I agree with Isabella.

Learning how to draw is like wide spread Eugenics: you're going to end up with a lot of dead, rejected babies.
Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Isabella »

Alas! What happened to the Phantom?
"No, but evil is still being — Is having reason — Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Page 22 is up!

Ok, so I've been thinking a lot about the Ranger class, and I think it's missing a very key ability. Sure, they cleaned the Ranger up significantly in the conversion from 3e to 3.5, but they still missed this one thing. It's not anything that will tip the balance of gameplay at all, just something that I feel every Ranger should have. And I hope that Members of the Fraternity will take this addition into serious consideration.

Bad-@$$ Introduction: Once a week at sixth level, the Ranger can use this ability to impress the other players. The Ranger picks a location that is mysterious, such as the back of a tavern, or a cliff. If he has one, the Ranger may include his animal companion into the ability. Once the Ranger has picked a suitable location, the focus of the plot-line becomes him for a one minute. However, the players can only see the Ranger at such an angle that his facial features are hard to see. This ability gives the Ranger a +4 bonus towards looking like a shifty character that you otherwise do not want to mess with. For this ability, the GM is encouraged to include his own effects to make the Ranger seem even more mysterious, such as a full-moon in the background. The Ranger is welcome to use this ability on the same party every week, although there is no guarantee that the players will be as impressed as the first Introduction.

Thank you, I will be starting a petition to send to WOTC shortly. :D
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Heh heh. No kidding ... and should a devout Ezran really be using so much foul language in Her church, in front of one of his proteges? Even if he is in the middle of his "Dr. Smackdown" routine. Laughing
I'm actually thinking about revamping a bit of Vincent's dialogue, including that last little bit about George. Vincent's old player had a look through, and he's got some more suggestions. I'll warn everyone if I go ahead with the editing.

Another side story, this page actually had me stuck for a while. I was looking for inspiration for George Weathermay, especially in terms of dialogue.

So I asked my room mate, who also happens to be Raphael's old player. He said all I would need was this:

Needless to say, he now wants me to get George to say "Let's...get...Dangerous"
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Hey guys,

Sorry to do this again, but I just can't get an update this week. It's finals for me right now, so there's no way I can make time. Thank you for understanding, and once the summer hits maybe I can get onto making some buffer pages.
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Post by Rotipher of the FoS »

No problem. Good luck on those Finals!
"Who [u]cares[/u] what the Dark Powers are? They're [i]bastards![/i] That's all I need to know of them." -- Crow
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

And Page 23 is up, WHEEEEEEEE

...bloody finals...

So, after several months of pages, I think I've finally found a title.

Do you guys approve?
Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Isabella »

Sweet title page!

(Blast, now I have to stop being lazy and get a title of my own.)
Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Isabella »

Hooray! We missed you on Sunday!

(oh blast he actually changed the name now what?)
Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Isabella »

Vincent really ought to do something about that slash on his face, or it's going to get infected and scar. :?
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Pretty crazy so far- which is cool. I like the gypsy with the pistol.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
DocBeard
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by DocBeard »

Personally, I don't think there's anything wrong with an Ezran cleric having a foul mouth. Maybe he was raised as a sailor or in a poor part of a city, and falls back on that language during stressful situations.

As long as a quirk has a reason to be there, no reason not to have it, y'know?
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Vincent definitely has a more humble, 'vulgar' background, so good call there Docbeard. Nevertheless, I hope people don't mind if I go back and perhaps re-think a bit of the writing. I've been wrestling with Vincent's character since the beginning of the comic, and I feel like I've made him a bit too amorphous. I feel like I haven't given him as distinct of a personality as say Raphael or Tara.

Then again, it is early, and I hope eventually Vincent will just as liked as my other two leads.