Hearts of Ravenkind (Discussion)

Fiction about Ravenloft or Gothic Earth
Phantom of the Sketchbook
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Phantom of the Sketchbook »

PILE OF USELESS ALERT!!!

Hey guys. I'm sorry to say this, but I won't be able to put up the next until this tuesday :oops:. I decided to head home for the Winter break, and I forgot my computer and scanner where I was staying.

OOPS!

he...he...he...I swear this whole no update on Sunday thing isn't becoming a habit.
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Page 18 is up.

1000 hits! W00t! You guys rock.

Coincidently, the 1000nd hit occurred before I put the new update up :oops:.
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

What did Raph do exactly? Jumped on the air and landed on the nosferatu?
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

First frame he ducks when the Vampire tries to grab him. Second frame he jumps up in the air. Third frame he's landed, and immediately dodges off to the side as the Vampire pounces at him.

Well, in spite of my best intentions to try and have this week's update up by tonight, I'm afraid guys that I'm going to need another day. I know I've been pretty terrible at keeping my updates regular lately, but the ugly truth is that sometimes life just gets in the way for me. I would much rather give you guys quality stuff at a somewhat irregular rate (still about one a week in all fairness) than be punctual about giving you more mediocre stuff.

Once life's back on track for me, I'll try and get some buffer pages handy, so I can get back to updating on a specific day. Hopefully you guys don't lose interest because I'm kind of busy these days. But if you do, :roll: well I guess there's really not much I can do.

In the meantime, you guys let me know if there's any other little things I can do. I've really be enjoying doing this so far, and I'm curious to hear what else you guys might like to see (other than the frequency/ predictability of updates).
Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Isabella »

I knew you had not forsaken us! :D
"No, but evil is still being — Is having reason — Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Other than updates? :) Not much. The story seems interesting, the sketching on par with the theme. Keep up the good work.

So... we have gone up to 4th level spells now. I start to pity the vamp. damage reduction or not, fast healing or not, he's getting a pounding.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
My DMGuild work!
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

I knew you had not forsaken us!
Knowing that people are enjoying it makes it all the more rewarding. Again, I apologize for the tardiness. I've been busy lately.

Page 19 is up!

Now, it's highly unlikely that people could be reading this comic and somehow not notice, but just for good measure I'll spam it a little.

Isabella has recently spawned a promising looking Ravenloft Comic of her own.

I highly recommend checking it out if you, for some reason, did not notice the second Ravenloft comic in the Fan Fiction section.
Other than updates? Smile Not much. The story seems interesting, the sketching on par with the theme. Keep up the good work.
Thank you.
So... we have gone up to 4th level spells now. I start to pity the vamp. damage reduction or not, fast healing or not, he's getting a pounding.
Oh believe me, that Vampire is far from dead. Admittedly though, I might try and rework the coloring in that last panel. For some reason it just doesn't sit well with me.
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Page 20 is up.

Like I said, far from dead.
DocBeard
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by DocBeard »

Nice.

I'm liking Tara. And the back and forth dialogue is nice-the whole, 'Si si si!' joke made me chuckle.
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

I especially liked the drawing of Tara in the very last "box", scetch or whatever it's called. Except of being very detailed, she seemed to have matured from the point she saw her friends butchered around at the "redecoration".

I also liked the scetch of the reformation, although I would prefer the image to be a bit larger.
My DMGuild work!
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Hey guys.

Unfortunately, this upcoming page is going to have to be pushed to Tuesday. Again, as soon as I get the time to make a few buffer pages so this happens, I will.
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Reminder: It's Saturday. :)
My DMGuild work!
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

After much delay

Page 21 is up!

Everything is under con-

-trol. :twisted:.

I seem to have a thing for characters who smoke. Even when I play a game of D&D, I'll pop a pen in my mouth and breathe through my teeth. And it's not even like I smoke in real life: if I wanted to spend $15 a day and lower my life expectancy by twenty years, I'd at least want to have fun while doing it.

Then again, Raph would probably be smoking something akin to a Cigarillo, not the tar-laden crap they pump out nowadays. (Sorry people who smoke, but it's true :D).
Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Isabella »

Such harsh words for the renowned George Weathermay! :D
"No, but evil is still being — Is having reason — Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
DocBeard
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by DocBeard »

Good to see more Champions of the Mists alums. My inner Van Richten fanboy is waiting for the big man or one of the Weathermay girls to show up, but yeah.

Man, I wish I could draw. I've always wanted to make a comic. Anyway, nice work!