Kartakass: The Barovia Chapter

Online roleplaying at the Café
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Cornelius came out of his chamber. He was dressed and carrying his kit on his back.

''We should find Tarlyn. I don't like the idea of leaving him alone in this country. I have some spells that would be helpful in finding him, but they won't help if he's too far away.''
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

VAN wrote:Does any of you remember when Talyn's strange behavior begun and has anybody noticed if he had two spots at his neck? Oh Ezra, I hope he hasn't begun what I think."
William, groggily rubbing the sleep out of his eyes perks up a bit at Van's questioning.

"Aye lad, aye. I remember him not touchin' a bit of food since we met for the first time. Ring or no ring, a man will enjoy food." He scratches his beard stubble idly and continues.
"As far as the red eyes...I first noticed them at the castle...along with that, that laughter. There was nothin' right in the way he laughed. I feel right terrible for callin him out like I did back at the castle, but there was somthin' else laughin through him. That wasn't Tarlyn."
tarlyn wrote: Down below you hear a knock at the Inn's front door. It is persistent, almost as if it is knocking to it's own beat. Thump....thump....thud..thump..thunk...thunk..thunk...tap..tap in rapid procession. It keeps going faster and faster reaching a crescendo, then stops. The party hears a loud thud at the door and footsteps receding into the night.

William entire body goes tense, like a startled cat, after the final "Thud" he reaches for his pistol...only that it is not there. He is dressed modestly in but his pants and a loose shirt. Surprisingly to some, the paranoid sailor does not sleep with his pistol belt on.

"Aww fer petes sake...I'll be right back." He gruffly marches off to his room and gets his pistol.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Van doesn't have time to answer to William since they all heard the knock at the door and the footsteps.

"It might be Tarlyn who decided to get back, but it's always better to be ready, so prepare yourselves."

With that Van goes back and waves his hands. All of you notice that you can move faster.

"Now lets hurry to go down, whoever entered the inn like that it will not be for good, we shouldn't leave him/her alone."

OOC> Haste
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
lostboy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by lostboy »

Dravens brings his hand up to his face to push some hair out of his eyes and stands for a moment in fascination watching his hand move quicker than normal. Quickly he snaps out of it as he notices Sefi fuming in front of him, he looks quickly up and down the corridor.

"Sefi" he speaks in the calming voice, "I think we should return to the roof, I for one would be keen to see whats going on, and we may have the opportunity to flank our opponents. Will you come with me, as your hearing is far keener than mine?"

Turning he grabs his pack from his room then turns back to wait for her descsion.
"I had a dream, which was not all a dream.
The bright sun was extinguish'd, and the stars
Did wander darkling in the eternal space..."
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"I'll go to the roof, I have many offensive spells that I cannot cast in the inn, but I can outside! Ah, you will be able to move faster for nearly 30 seconds, so decide quickly what are you going to do. If anyone wants to come to the roof with me, just follow me."

Van waves his hands for one more time and touches his chest. Three images appear around him. Then he heads to the roof.

OOC> Mirror image, fortunately we have gotten a level and I can have more images! :D
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by NeoTiamat »

Sefi nodded, and with an angry jerk of her head, stalked off towards the balcony, somewhat behind Van.

===============================================

Valerian listened to this whole exchange with growing unhappiness in his features, but after a moment he went to don his armor. The big blond man still looked more like a warrior than a priest, but that was probably for the best here in Barovia.
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
lostboy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by lostboy »

Draven turns and follows close behind Sefi, he raises his arm and pats her gently on the shoulder trying to calm her down.

[OOC sleight of hand 18 + 9 = 27, Tarlyn I'll pm you with what he's up to]
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by NeoTiamat »

Blasted, choir-cursed, arrogant, over-dramatic... Sefi was starting to repeat her mental litany of rage towards the decamping elf. It was building up like a pressure cooker, and when it blew, thing were liable to get messy. Torn off limbs and what not.

Something thin and sharp jabbed Sefi in the side of her neck. The werewolf whirled on Draven, but she was slower, clumsier than usual. A feeling of calm and peace descended on Sefi, emotions she wasn't familiar with. She could remember that she'd been angry, but the Kartakan girl didn't quite recall why, or at whom. The emotion of rage was simply alien to her.

Sefi stared at the rogue with an odd, dreamy look in her blue-violet eyes. She stood there quietly, with none of the tense, coiled energy the lycanthrope usually displayed.
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
lostboy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by lostboy »

Draven catches Sefi as she whirls round and puts his arm around her shoulders holding her up. "Dont worry everything will be fine" he murmurs in her ear, before looking closely into her eyes.

Seemingly satisfied he looks up to see where Van has got to and what route they can take up onto the roof.
lostboy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by lostboy »

Draven surveys the rainslick rooftops, its not a difficult climb, no more than many he has done before. He releases Sefi and passes Van out onto the balcony.

"I'll go up first and pull you two up". With that he reaches up and gains purchase with his fingers before swinging his legs up to the first foothold.

[OOC: climb 14 + 5 = 19, also if you want it Balance: 10 + 6 = 16 and Jump 6 + 5 = 11]
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Once they are at the roof, Van looks carefully around, trying at the same time to listen if anyone is hidden there.

At the same time he contacts the hawk.

"Ace, look around you too please and tell me if you see Tarlyn or anyone else or anything strange."

OOC> Spot Check for Van: 15. Listen check for Van: 8. Spot Check for Ace: 17 (I have used the +8 spot) I know that Ace cannot see very well during the night, but hey... he might notice something.
- W H A T ! ? !
lostboy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by lostboy »

Draven pulls his hood low over his face against the driving rain, and pulls up Van and Sefi. Once all three are safely up on the roof of the inn, he drops to a crouch and moves quickly to the side with the front door.

Peering out into the darknesshe trys to discern anything that may be out there.

[OOC: spot 11 + 6 - 1 = 16, Listen 2! + 4 -1 = 5, he will also keep himself to the shadows in case anyone is looking Sneak: 9 + 12 -1 = 20 forgot the -1's earlier sorry :oops: ]
Last edited by lostboy on Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Looking, Draven sees nothing in the pouring rain in the distance. On the roof he does spot a package. Down by the front door, he sees a figure or form wrapped in a blanket, inert. In the distance he can hear the distinct howling of wolves, close to the village.
lostboy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by lostboy »

Draven stares hard at the package, the selfish instinct inside him tells him to take it and damn the rest, however he cannot ignore whoever is down by the door.

"Van! Sefi!" he whispers urgently, "theres something out on the roof over there, it looks like a package, although I cant really make it out. Theres also something down by the front door. Im going down, can one of you cover me?" he asks before dropping his crossbow and pulling the rope from his pack and tying it to the nearest gable. Taking a deep breath he twists the silver ring on his left hand and disapears from view, and then drops over the pararpet towards the front door.

[OOC: Use Rope: 10 + 5 - 1 = 14, used invisibility ring, climb: 8 + 5 - 1 = 12]
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Draven stares hard at the package, the selfish instinct inside him tells him to take it and damn the rest, however he cannot ignore whoever is down by the door.

"Van! Sefi!" he whispers urgently, "theres something out on the roof over there, it looks like a package, although I cant really make it out. Theres also something down by the front door. Im going down, can one of you cover me?" he asks before dropping his crossbow and pulling the rope from his pack and tying it to the nearest gable. Taking a deep breath he twists the silver ring on his left hand and disapears from view, and then drops over the pararpet towards the front door.

[OOC: Use Rope: 10 + 5 - 1 = 14, used invisibility ring, climb: 8 + 5 - 1 = 12]
You make it safely to the ground. Before you lays an inert form, wrapped in a blanket. The rising and lowering of the blanket leads you to believe that the form lives. On top of the blanket is a piece of parchment.