QtR#7: Favorite Fiction

Discussions on the Fraternity netbooks

What was your favorite story from issue #7?

Demons of the Deep
17%
Letters of the Levkarest Temptress
33%
Second Time Around
No votes
All three stories (didn't prefer any one over the others)
33%
Other
17%

Total votes: 6

Jason of the Fraternity
Master of Illusion
Master of Illusion

QtR#7: Favorite Fiction

Post by Jason of the Fraternity »

With a few weeks having gone by and more people having had a chance to read through this issue, I thought I would ask what you enjoyed about the fiction that was submitted. Did you have a favorite story? Which one was it and why did you like it so much? Anything you would recommend to the author(s) for future stories?

Jason of the Fraternity
Last edited by Jason of the Fraternity on Tue Feb 03, 2004 2:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
[i]Pandemonium did not reign, it poured![/i]
Jason of the Fraternity
Master of Illusion
Master of Illusion

Maximillian wrote:Aren't you refering to issue 7?
Ooops! :? With all the work I've been doing with various people for the next issue, my mind skipped ahead a number. Yes, I meant for it to be issue seven (thus, the three stories being for said issue).
Xanthippe
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Xanthippe »

OK, I'll admit I'm biased...

But I think the whole issue was really good, and the fiction especially. Then again, I don't DM much and i prefer to use standard humans, so a lot of the gaming statistical stuff wasn't as interesting to me. I think Goliath could have been listed as fiction, though...
[size=84]"Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain." -Friedrich Schiller[/size]
Tadelin
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Tadelin »

Personally, I liked the story about Scotty the ghost. That was a good bit of writing to me.
One of these days, I'm going to get it right. Until then, I guess I can just keep being a fool.
Jason of the Fraternity
Master of Illusion
Master of Illusion

Xanthippe wrote:I think Goliath could have been listed as fiction, though...
Thanks, Xanthippe! Yes, some of the other articles could have been listed as being fiction (such as Goliath, the Gentleman Caller, and Scotty's Ghost) and were also very well written. I have to say, despite the Comic-book Guy quote on the cover, that this issue is one of the best so far.
Tadelin wrote:Personally, I liked the story about Scotty the ghost.
Not quite the direction that I was aiming for, but it works for me. 8) In order to allow some extra leeway, I'll insert an other option for those of you who wish to select a non-story article for their favorite fiction.

Jason
Jason of the Fraternity
Master of Illusion
Master of Illusion

As for choosing one story as my favorite, I really don't think that I could. Each one of the three stories had their strong points and weaknesses. Plus, with there being three different authors, you get the chance to taste a different style and flavor for each of the stories. :)
Nomad
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Nomad »

I'd have to go for "Letters," because the author attempted something more complex and substantially different than "Demons;" but that is not to say that I did not gain some enjoyment from the latter. I confess to having difficulty with pulp, but that is partly the product of belonging to writers' groups and having to produce for them. I cannot, of course, comment on my own, and should not wish to bore anyone further by doing so.

Teleportation Boulevard...
Bela
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Bela »

Gotta admit, "Letters" was my fave, too. I wasn't completely satisfied with "Demons" simply because I lacked the personal time to get it exactly where I wanted it. Here's hoping you guys'll dig my Aberration submission more.