Kartakass: Beginnings OOC Thread

Online roleplaying at the Café
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

I editted the last post in which Delsenora was at the Sirens Lament so she would be pretty much in the same timeline as everyone else ;) Post coming up shortly, people. ;)
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Ok so as you know I use purple for Jacob. I will be using This one for Del.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Here are some rolls Tarlyn:

RL Knowledge 26, to see what Van knows about Kargat.

Religion 20, for what he knows about vampires and if has any idea what kind of undead could have been at the graveyard.

History 6 and RL Knowledge 24 to see if he knows anything about Disilnya.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Same as I said in the game for the Kargat.

I am of the like that you need to have actual knowledge in
Vampire Lore so you know that Vampire is an undead creature.
From your experience from Strahd, quite powerful :P

Zombies, Skeletons, Ghouls, Wights, that kind of thing. Lighter footsteps you don't know.

Family Dilisnya is originally from Barovia but some are now elesewhere in the core. Officially there are no remaining family in Barovia. So there must be another reason for this woman wanting that book.
Ail
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ail »

Tarlyn, in some Monster Compendia in 3.x it is suggested that some knowledges be used to give info about certain adversaries. There was even a series of threads dedicated to doing the appropriate info lists for Ravenloft, much promoted by Mangrum.

I remember that Knowledge (religion) was actually very useful for things like undead. Even though I respect you as DM and therefore I play by your rules, perhaps it would make sense to relax that restriction a bit. That is, allowing more general skills to give info about several different creatures. Or then, make explicit what kind of knowledge skills we have available, how much they encompass and how many ranks are needed for decent information (or an associated DC).

I mean, do we have to invest in Werewolves, Vampires, Liches, Ghosts, Wild Beasts, or what not if we want to know a bit more each of these? Is Werewolves specific to Werewolves, keeping outside Wolfweres, Werefoxes, Ravenkin, etc, or is there a general skill like Lycanthropes?
Is Vampire Lore specific to vampires or will it encompass something else that may be similar, like Revenants for example?

Also, if indeed this is the way to go, do we still need to roll a 25 to learn something about a vampire that would be given, as per the above suggestions, with a DC 25 Religion? Or since the same 25 Religion could be used for Mummies and Ghouls also (probably), are the DCs lowered to, for example, 15 for each specific monster?

I'm not giving suggestions, I'm just trying to understand what he have at our disposal. I think, for example, that I've made large investments in Kno(arcana) and Kno(religion) because I was considering this kind of mosnter informations to be somehow available through them. I will not change those ranks now, but I may change my strategy in the future levels.
Zumba d'Oxossi (A Stitch in Souragne)
Brother Eustace (The Devil's Dreams)
Robert de Moureaux (A New Barovia)
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Knowledge Vampires, yes.

KNowledge Lycanthropes covers all types of these beasts!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Vampire Lore 21

I think Van knows what I said in my post, don't think he needs a special vampire lore to know that a vampire can control a vampire spawn. But Tarlyn if you think that I should edit it I'll do it.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

That's fine, Van ;)
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Excellent, my evil plan to kill you all........Uh.... I mean for the next mission to begin soon is just around the corner :P
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Update tonight or possibly tomorrow morning. Depends on how late I get home from the blues bar I jam at ;)
Ail
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ail »

hi all,

so, is there something else that needs to be discussed in the present scene? I really have no more ideas now than 'eat and go home'... or something along those lines.
Zumba d'Oxossi (A Stitch in Souragne)
Brother Eustace (The Devil's Dreams)
Robert de Moureaux (A New Barovia)
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Fine by me.
- W H A T ! ? !
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Ail wrote:hi all,

so, is there something else that needs to be discussed in the present scene? I really have no more ideas now than 'eat and go home'... or something along those lines.
That's pretty much where I am, too.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Ok moi will update this evening! Mwahahahahaah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

This evil laugh isn't a good thing...Guess we might want to use the secret door sooner that we believed! :P
- W H A T ! ? !