Kartakan ballads/odes/poems

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Gwenfloor
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Gwenfloor »

tarlyn wrote:You did bring up a valid question though, Roti. Would Azalin actually enjoy any ballads, odes or poems? Hee hee!! I don't know oh between his agenda of getting out of Demiplane and the Kargat and knowing everything about anyone who enters his Domain?
In his decades of existance, he has definitely had more than enough time to enjoy the finer things in life.
"Deities are no more than mortals with supernatural powers, and thus are capable of making mistakes."
~Alper, Kobold Alchemist in my Ravenloft Campaign
HuManBing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by HuManBing »

I'd say that it's fair to hold that Azalin has a much reduced appreciation of songs and poetry. As a lich, his mental state is somewhat different from a human's. Also, it has been centuries since he has recalled what the pleasures and emotions of the flesh are like.

However, don't forget that a particularly skilled bard may be able to move him. Andres Duvall certainly did.
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Post by Rotipher of the FoS »

Come to think about it, art (music included) is probably one of the few pleasures he can enjoy. Whether or not he has any actual taste for it is another story: he seems like too much of a workaholic to have ever really let himself savor such experiences, and his remark about art in Dementlieu (Gaz3) seems to imply he considers it trivial.
"Who [u]cares[/u] what the Dark Powers are? They're [i]bastards![/i] That's all I need to know of them." -- Crow
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Rotipher of the FoS wrote:Come to think about it, art (music included) is probably one of the few pleasures he can enjoy. Whether or not he has any actual taste for it is another story: he seems like too much of a workaholic to have ever really let himself savor such experiences, and his remark about art in Dementlieu (Gaz3) seems to imply he considers it trivial.
Well put he does really seem a workaholic. I think Strahd is as well come to think of it ;)
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Post by Rotipher of the FoS »

A bit, maybe. OTOH, we know Strahd plays music himself, so he can't be too down on the concept.
"Who [u]cares[/u] what the Dark Powers are? They're [i]bastards![/i] That's all I need to know of them." -- Crow
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Rotipher of the FoS wrote:A bit, maybe. OTOH, we know Strahd plays music himself, so he can't be too down on the concept.
Yeah I'd take him in my band as an organ/synthesizer player any day and bonus with his charm we'd attract lots of fans :twisted:
Gwenfloor
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Gwenfloor »

Rotipher of the FoS wrote:A bit, maybe. OTOH, we know Strahd plays music himself, so he can't be too down on the concept.
Strahd was more into the romantic arts, what with Tatyana and all.
"Deities are no more than mortals with supernatural powers, and thus are capable of making mistakes."
~Alper, Kobold Alchemist in my Ravenloft Campaign
Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Isabella »

Bit late, but this site may also come in handy for would-be bards:

http://www.chivalry.com/cantaria/lists/traditional.html
"No, but evil is still being — Is having reason — Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."