A must for every player/DM

Discussing all roleplaying games
Dr Ed
Conspirator
Conspirator

A must for every player/DM

Post by Dr Ed »

I just acquired the d20 Sorcery & Steam source book and I have to say that it is probably the best d&d expansion I've read so far, perhaps even more useful to a Ravenloft adventurer than Van Richten's Arsenal. It's out of print, ...

Joël of the FoS : removed an illegal suggestion to get this book. This isn't accepted here.
JinnTolser
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by JinnTolser »

What about it makes it so good?
Dr Ed
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Dr Ed »

Not only does it contain a plethora of classes, feats, and equipment models that compliment Ravenloft perfectly, it gives excellent examples of ideas for putting steampunk material into a campaign.

Two classes that specifically stand out for Ravenloft are the Detective and Physician. Both are ideal horror archetypes, and both establish skill and ability sets that go well beyond the relatively vague Expert class. A few others -- namely the Artificer and Musketeer -- also work very well within the Ravenloft world.
order99
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by order99 »

Sounds nice-but it sounds even better in a Masque campaign...
"And did she ever come out?"
"Not Yet".
maraudar
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by maraudar »

Joël of the FoS : removed an illegal suggestion to get this book. This isn't accepted here.

Spoilsport....

Maraudar
Blade, fire, pistol or stake it matters not.. Even the undead can become true dead.
Jack of Tears
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

re

Post by Jack of Tears »

You know, until you said something I had taken his initial suggestion to mean one should look on Drivethrurpg or similar sites, not download it illegally. Guess I wasn't thinking like that when I read it.
HuManBing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by HuManBing »

I never saw his original suggestion.

Thus, I will merely let my dirty mind ramble and assume he was talking about becoming a prostitute to raise funds for the purchase of the book.
Dr Ed
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Dr Ed »

Huh... I wasn't referring to illegal downloads, but whatever. Get the book if you can find it, is all I'm saying.