Open Design 4: Arabian Adventures

Discussing all things Ravenloft
The Giamarga
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Open Design 4: Arabian Adventures

Post by The Giamarga »

If you like Steampunk or the old Al'Qadim setting/Necromancer Guide, check out Wolfgang Baur's Open Design 4 project. The following options are up for choice:

-Option 1: Six Arabian Nights (an adventure anthology in an Arabian Adventures setting think Indian Jones meets Clark Ashton Smith )
-Option 2: Adventures in Zobeck, Part 1 (Steampunk accessory)

A donation of $25 will get you insight and input into the design process on Wolfgang's forums and the finished pdf product. (The first option to clear the requested toal will be implemented. If you supported the other option you will get a full refund.)

I put my money in for the Arabian Adventures project, because i love the Al'Qadim material that Wolfgang wrote and also the old Dragon article "Scimitars against the Dark".

Edit: Option 1 it is and I'm glad. You can still get on board if you want to. It seems it's going to be something like Well of Worlds/Tales from the Infinite Staircase type thing rather than an uberdungeon. Some small interlocking stuff with general theme, a few mechanics/monsters and lots of flavour.

Now if you have an idea for an Arabian short adventure Wolfgang is stilll missing some cowriters.
Jonathan Winters
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Jonathan Winters »

Giamarga?!?!?!

What are you doing on OD4??

:)

(I go by the name of Bullonir over there.)

I mentioned Wolfgang's OD a while ago over here. I didn't think anybody from FoS lurked there...

I got outvoted for Zobeck... :(
I might still change my mind for AA.

Yes, his stuff does kick butt! (I'm just not sure how to integrate AA into my ongoing campaign.)

I bought Castle Shadowcrag (my PCs are 2nd level, so we will get there) (NO SPOILERS HERE PLEASE!) and can't wait for Empire of the Ghouls!

And it's a great experience seeing how he builds his adventures, read his design essays, etc. And he is one of the friendliest person on-line I've met!!!

I am so sad I missed Steam & Brass (OD1 for those who don't know).

And Kobold Quarterly #1 was a lot of fun!

Everybody should give his stuff a look right now!

Patrick
Mysteries of Darkon (AKA Miranda Cornelius' Journal)
On hiatus while visiting Ptolus, City by the Spire, new RL-inspired campaign: Madness Rising!
www.bullonir.wikidot.com
The Giamarga
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Giamarga »

Patrick,

my handle is Thanael on the forums, Doresain on the livejournal. Though I'm rarely on either board. I can't say i care much about Steampunk, but The White Kingdom was one of the best Dungeon adventures I read. And Wolfgang's Al Qadim stuff was great (as was almost all Al Qadim material). Here's for hoping that Steve Kurtz comes back and does one of the Six Arabian Nights, that would be awesome. :shock:

Are you planning on converting Castle Shadowcrag to Ravenloft btw?
Jonathan Winters
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Yeah, the AQ stuff was VERY GOOD. I own most of it I think.

Shadowcrag! Probably somewhere in Darkon, close to the Falkovnia / Lamordia borders. Maybe as some kind of semi-domain...

Just need to figure out how the curse will be adapted.
(No Joël! You cannot read this!) :)

Patrick

More to come! Either here or through the campaign log...
On hiatus while visiting Ptolus, City by the Spire, new RL-inspired campaign: Madness Rising!
www.bullonir.wikidot.com
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

*Pays attention to what JW is saying(I am not Joel hee hee)*...................................

Do go on :P :lucas:
The Giamarga
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Giamarga »

Jonathan Winters wrote:Yeah, the AQ stuff was VERY GOOD. I own most of it I think.
Well it was a small line. But oh the quality!

Do you have the Complete Book of Necromancers? Though it is a generic AD&D product it has heavy ties to the AQ setting. This book got me into collecting the AQ stuff in the first place.

Also CBoN and the "Scimitars against the Dark" article from Dragon #198 are what makes this thread signifcant for a Ravenloft forum. They give Al Qadim a dark horror twist.
Last edited by The Giamarga on Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jonathan Winters
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

GREAT Dragon article!!!!!

That's what made me buy the setting in the first place!!!!

Tarlyn: Go away.
:)
LOL
Patrick
www.bullonir.wikidot.com