Other adventures adapted to Ravenloft?

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Joël of the FoS

Other adventures adapted to Ravenloft?

Post by Joël of the FoS »

Just curious, what are the non-Ravenloft adventures you did adapt to a Ravenloft game? And what did you change / adapt?

Joël
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

I haven't done it yet, but Cage of Delirium from Goodman Games' dungeon crawl classics series is basically a ravenloft module by another name. Plus you get a Midnite Syndicate cd with it.

http://www.goodman-games.com/5033preview.php
lostboy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by lostboy »

Shadows over Bogenhafen! For those of you who dont know it, ita an old Warhammer FRP adventure part of the enemy within campaign. it was printed in adouble volume called Warhammer campaign I think... :?

Anyway the gist of it is in the rpg net review !!spoilers!! here
http://www.rpg.net/news+reviews/reviews/rev_3268.html

Its actually a pretty good Ravenloft adventure as it stands, although I had to make a few changes to the key villian and his motivations.

I kept the demon element but made gideon into a pit fiend trapped in RL who was attempting to open a gate to its home plane, allowing it to return home, rather than opening a gate to allow chaos in (it surely wouldnt fancy coming into RL anyway!).

I placed the adventure in Lamordia to keep the germanic theme, and placed Bogenhafen in the south near the border with dementlieu. I didnt want to take the chance of wiping an exisitng city of the map that I might want to use later so just added it and put in roads between it and Ludendorf and Port-a-lucine.

Oh and I did destroy Bogenhafen when we played..... :twisted:
lostboy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by lostboy »

just remembered, the follow-on Death on the Reik came with an exceelnt little section on river travel (as the main bit of the adventure centered on the pc's running their own barge), which including a fantastic little adventure seed ala the demeter in Dracula.

Basically the pc's take on board cargo fom a dubious looking character in the middle of the night, and yes there is a roughly man sized box, and yes people start going a bit white from blood loss, and yes the culprit is called Graf orlok. But I had great fun with them stranded on a river boat with a vampire.... :twisted:
HuManBing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by HuManBing »

There was an adventure bundled with the 2nd ed. Dungeon Master's Screen, called "Terrible Trouble at Tragidore".

Now that I think of it, it could have been altered very easily to be a Ravenloft adventure. It featured a village of women whose menfolk had disappeared, and it was a major whodunit to see what happened.

Notable side diversions included bandits feigning vampirism, lamias in the forest, and man eating plants.
lostboy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by lostboy »

Coming full circle by pagan publishing was another one I ran in RL. This took a little more work as its CoC 1920's, but the elements of two of the ministories were excellent. Especially the one with the witch coven based on the movie horror hotel.

More info here http://www.rpg.net/news+reviews/reviews/rev_402.html

And before you ask there are no tentacally things in it all, its vampires, wiches and ghosts all the way...
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

The Ghosts of Mistmoor from some old Dungeon magazine. (my library's packed up at the moment, so I can't check the number.) Fits nearly perfectly.
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Jakob
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Jakob »

Many Dungeon adventures, adapted to to the current storyline. In may cases, I only "borrow" the idea or the villains.

In my current campaign, I DMed Funeral Procession (#135) and I'm in the middle of And Madness Followed (#149).
Both were adapted with no changes or minor ones.

For example, the cultists recovering the corpse in FP were not of Graz'zt, but of Death. The corpse was not meant to become a mohrg but the focus for the essence of War... And so on. :D
I coloni rovinavano la foresta costruendo il capolavoro dell'uomo civilizzato: il deserto.
- Luis Sepúlveda
Catman Jim
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Catman Jim »

gonzoron wrote:The Ghosts of Mistmoor from some old Dungeon magazine. (my library's packed up at the moment, so I can't check the number.) Fits nearly perfectly.
Dungeon #35 from June 1992, one of my favorites as well!
I only wish I had retired sooner!
Jonathan Winters
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Jonathan Winters »

Well, funny you should say that cos you just started ''Shut-In'' from Dungeon 128. I set it in Paridon.

Live and learn is all I have to say. :)

I will probably run ''Chains of Blackmaw'' (135) later on (most likely still in Paridon!).

We'll see as the campaign unfolds.

Patrick
Mysteries of Darkon (AKA Miranda Cornelius' Journal)
On hiatus while visiting Ptolus, City by the Spire, new RL-inspired campaign: Madness Rising!
www.bullonir.wikidot.com
cure
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by cure »

I suspect that the "Sinister Secrets of Salt Marsh" (U1?) would slot into Mordent or even Dementlieu pretty easily.
The cure for what ails you
Jakob
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Jakob »

Jonathan Winters wrote:Well, funny you should say that cos you just started ''Shut-In'' from Dungeon 128. I set it in Paridon.

Patrick
Oh. Right. I adapted that one too. Mine was in Neblus, though. :)
This evening, they might finish And madness followed...
I coloni rovinavano la foresta costruendo il capolavoro dell'uomo civilizzato: il deserto.
- Luis Sepúlveda
Jonathan Winters
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Jonathan Winters »

Hey Jakob,

I am thinking of playinf AMFollowed too.

Let me know how it goes (with no spoilers I guess... :) or PM me if you have 2 secs).

I think it fits well with RL!

Second session for Shut-In in about two weeks, we'll see how it goes!

Patrickl
Mysteries of Darkon (AKA Miranda Cornelius' Journal)
On hiatus while visiting Ptolus, City by the Spire, new RL-inspired campaign: Madness Rising!
www.bullonir.wikidot.com