Happy Friday The 13th!

Discussing all things Ravenloft
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Happy Friday The 13th!

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

Really, I was just excited to be the first person to post it!
Hope you all walk under a ladder to avoid letting a black cat cross your path, and let there be no wood in site to knock on when you break that inevitable mirror :twisted:
Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Isabella »

I got pulled over by a cop this morning for the first time in my life. It was just a missing front license plate (not illegal), but then he thought he smelled marijuana in the car (there wasn't).

He was actually really nice about everything, but when I get home I'm going to just hide in my bed for the rest of the day (which I'm sure will catch on fire or something).
"No, but evil is still being — Is having reason — Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
Guardian of Twilight
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Guardian of Twilight »

Isabella wrote:I got pulled over by a cop this morning for the first time in my life. It was just a missing front license plate (not illegal), but then he thought he smelled marijuana in the car (there wasn't).

He was actually really nice about everything, but when I get home I'm going to just hide in my bed for the rest of the day (which I'm sure will catch on fire or something).
Jeez, I hope your day gets better for you, Lady Isabella. :)
BigBadQDaddy wrote:Really, I was just excited to be the first person to post it!
Hope you all walk under a ladder to avoid letting a black cat cross your path, and let there be no wood in site to knock on when you break that inevitable mirror :twisted:
And a Happy Friday the 13th to you also, along with the other members of this Fraternity. :)
[i]Seek not in the shadows, for there ye shall find secrets too terrible for mortal man to bear. [/i]
-Mordentish proverb
Sylaire
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Sylaire »

Let's see...

My throw-it-together-in-the-last-second real estate closing for this afternoon was pushed back to Tuesday, saving me much angst and sweat.

The judge ruled in our client's favor in a probate case, and even changed his mind from his initial opinion to accept my interpretation of how certain exemption statutes are applied.

All the office supplies I'd had ordered came in. So did a book, and one of my DVD returns as well.

I've managed to write five pages today...so far.

The Yankees lost...and the Cubs and Nationals won!

A squabble I'd had yesterday with one of the secretaries over how to correctly interpret e-mailing instructions was resolved...in my favor.

I correctly interpreted several parts of a very tricky real estate title, and even found out that we'd done the title for an outsale from the chain already and that there had been a survey plan done for all three lots--which was only referred to, ever, in the outsale chain, saving much work.

Thunderstorm today...always puts my wife in a happy mood (and she made potstickers for dinner!).

Typical Friday the 13th, really. Probably it's just setting me up for disappointment when I walk down to Dunkin' Donuts in search of Key Lime doughnuts...they'll be out or something. :wink:
Guardian of Twilight
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Well, some final hour bad news... my group decided to not show up, thusly ruining all of my gaming ideas and preperations for the evening. This is the first Friday the 13th that I've had that... could have been better... in quite a while. Oh, well. There's always... some other day I guess. Tomorrow we're back to playing our Forgotten Realms campaign.

*sigh*

I miss playing Ravenloft.
Last edited by Guardian of Twilight on Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
[i]Seek not in the shadows, for there ye shall find secrets too terrible for mortal man to bear. [/i]
-Mordentish proverb
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

I didn't have a very good day myself, I have a very important exam on Tuesday so I was (and still am) very stressed. So even when I was with a friend I wasn't able to relax. Fortunately nothing serious happen.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
Guardian of Twilight
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

VAN wrote:I didn't have a very good day myself, I have a very important exam on Tuesday so I was (and still am) very stressed. So even when I was with a friend I wasn't able to relax. Fortunately nothing serious happen.
Glad to hear you're still alright, friend. Best of luck to you on your exams. :)
-Mordentish proverb
WolfKook
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by WolfKook »

Well, I'm in Lima for work: I'm alone, bored, the city is cold and grey.

Yesterday (friday) I had to install some programs so I could get to my usual programming work. Just the usual: An Oracle database, Apache server, PHP... Well, I spent all day trying to put those three to work together, and got no advance whatsoever. I lost one day I could not afford to waste, and my deadline is getting too close.

At night, I went to know the city's night life. I just wanted to go out, have a drink or two, and perhaps to find someone to talk to, and to dance with. Well, I found that someone (Seen the "your wish granted, with a twist" thread?): A hideous girl who wanted more than I was offering, who started conversation with me, and who was all over me, dancing and trying to touch me and to hug me and to kiss me, before I realized it...

It was indeed the most horrifying Friday the 13th I've have been through in my life!
"The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom"
William Blake
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

... :(

(Feeling guilty for starting this thread)

...Well, hopefully everyones Saturday the 14th is a little better... :lol:
Catman Jim
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Catman Jim »

The worst thing to happen to me was that one of my janitorial staff quit. I had the employment agency send another, and I always make it a point to do an online background check of my own in addition to the mandatory police background & drug screen the agancy does. I found plenty, but in the interview with the guy, he didn't deny any of the previous convictions & imprisonments that I found. I hired him, and I will be keeping an eye on him.
I only wish I had retired sooner!
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by NeoTiamat »

I hadn't even noticed.... >_<
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
HuManBing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by HuManBing »

The 13th came and went and I didn't get the phone call I was hoping for from the law journals I had petitioned. This either means:

a) They read my work, didn't like it, and thus didn't call me at all, or

b) They read my work, liked it, and called me on the house phone which my landlord's cousin has a habit of hiding, and I never got the phone call.

Either way, I'm not on a law journal. I spent 19 days working my butt off writing the petition and I declined to meet with my father (who had made a rare appearance in America at the time) so I could focus on finishing it.

I want those two and a half weeks of my life back. Such is life.