Greetings from the mists...

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Morigetsu
Conspirator
Conspirator

Greetings from the mists...

Post by Morigetsu »

Hello, my name is Michael and been a huge ravenloft fan since I was little. The first time I started playing was when I bought Strahd's Possession for the computer, then Stone Prophet. I'm 24 and from Middletown, CT. I have one of the rare novels, Heart of Midnight. Use to have the book Vampire of the Mists, unfortunately got ruined one day in the rain. Noticed they definitely need to build a section for introductions so people can get to know each other here. But I hope to get to know you guys soon. Take care now...
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Welcome to the madness, Michael!

Always nice to see new people join up. I am new from last year myself. Lots of nice people here :D
Steve Miller
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Steve Miller »

I think doing what you just did lets people get to know you, Michael. Everyone around here is friendly--except me, but I don't post that much!
Steve Miller, Writer of Stuff
Once and Future Ravenloft Contributor
Help keep my cats fed and my car gassed up: [url=http://www.rpgnow.com/index.php?manufacturers_id=3765]NUELOW Games at RPGNow.[/url]
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Hi Michael. I'm also not Friendly but don't let this intimidate you. Welcome!

PS Heart of the midnight? I don't think this is a rare adventure. Isn't it the official d20 adventure for heroes 10-11th level?
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
HuManBing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by HuManBing »

Welcome to the board! Feel free to ask any questions about Ravenloft (or other stuff...) and we'll do our best to answer!
Morigetsu
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Morigetsu »

alhoon wrote:Hi Michael. I'm also not Friendly but don't let this intimidate you. Welcome!

PS Heart of the midnight? I don't think this is a rare adventure. Isn't it the official d20 adventure for heroes 10-11th level?
No, "Heart of Midnight" was a Ravenloft novel from the early 90's.
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Morigetsu wrote:
alhoon wrote:Hi Michael. I'm also not Friendly but don't let this intimidate you. Welcome!

About Harkan Lukas' son?
Morigetsu
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Morigetsu »

tarlyn st-denfer wrote:
Morigetsu wrote:

About Harkan Lukas' son?
Actually, its about this orphan named Casimir. A young bard, with a dark past. He seeks revenge to kill the werewolf that killed his mother and made him an orphan. Unfortunately, he himself also has the lycanthropy curse.
Scipio
Lord of the Repubic of Monte Mal
Lord of the Repubic of Monte Mal

Post by Scipio »

Welcome Michael. And don't let Alhoon and Steve fool ya, they're a couple of softies. They just do the whole "I'm unfriendly" bit to overcompensate. ;)
Dr. Cornelius Scipio, Rogue monster hunter, and owner of the Inn of the Drunken Wolf.

Rumors of my death are mildly exaggerated. I got better.
Snake
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Snake »

Hey Michael. Welcome welcome. :D
Forgotten Son of Lord Vasili
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Post by Rotipher of the FoS »

Pleased to meet you, Michael!

In case you're looking to replace your old "Vampire of the Mists", you'll be happy to hear that it's one of four Ravenloft novels which has been re-released in the last couple of years. :-)
"Who [u]cares[/u] what the Dark Powers are? They're [i]bastards![/i] That's all I need to know of them." -- Crow
Catman Jim
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Catman Jim »

Welcome as well, M.M. You might be interested in picking up another Ravenloft novel, the reprinted "Tapestry of Dark Souls" hit the bookstore shelves today.
Morigetsu
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Morigetsu »

Thank you everyone. And thanks for telling me Rotipher. Vampire of the Mists was my favorite book. That was how the cpmouter game Strahd's Possessions first started. It was based upon the novel. When I first picked up the book, I couldn't stop reading it. I wonder if I could find it at Boarders? And thanks Catman, I'll definitely check it out.
Snake
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Snake »

Morigetsu wrote:I wonder if I could find it at Boarders?
Pretty sure you can. If that particular store doesn't have it they can, at the very least, order it for you.
Forgotten Son of Lord Vasili
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

Welcome! Mind the paper dollies. :Strahd: